Should the Mavs just disband and sell the franchise???

Options
2»

Comments

• Keez From That 3130
    Keez From That 3130 Members Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The addition of Kobe to the Mavericks squad would've been absolutely freakin' crazy, however I'm still bamboozled with what happened to Dallas against the San Antonio Spurs. I too think that the team gave up on Avery Johnson too quickly and that if you look at Rick Carlilses playoff record, it ain't nothing good...
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Shouldve kept country ass Avery Johnson... Wasn't a bad coach, made Dirk take the ball to the hole more...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The Mavs will be fine, they dont really need to blow ? up, they need to make a few minor tweaks here and there.Just keep Dirk, Butler, Kidd, Terry, Boubois, Haywood, and fill in the gaps afterwords.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The point is, they need a new team leader or another go-to guy. Kobe was able to figure out how to be a team leader to accomplish wins, and eventually got a championship once Pau Gasol meshed with the team. Dirk is a really good player, but maybe his intangibles are lacking. So whatever his stats are doesn't even matter in the end, b/c the team isn't getting the job done. He's just padding his numbers at this point.

that ? was the supporting cast fault, jason terry, shawn marion, haywood, dampier them dudes were terrible, and kidd wasnt all that spectacular either, i thought dirk was ballin and them dudes not hitting shots had nothing to do with his leadership
  • its....JOHN B
    edited May 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    The Mavs will be fine, they dont really need to blow ? up, they need to make a few minor tweaks here and there.Just keep Dirk, Butler, Kidd, Terry, Boubois, Haywood, and fill in the gaps afterwords.

id have that dude take the majority of terrys minutes and package terry up with marion for something
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i would try to sign chris bosh n joe johnson..mark cuban got money ? a luxury tax look at the lakers.....if they cant get another big name free agent...than ? trade dirk....
  • its....JOHN B
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Max-b wrote: »
    i would try to sign chris bosh n joe johnson..mark cuban got money ? a luxury tax look at the lakers.....if they cant get another big name free agent...than ? trade dirk....

joe johnson is a possibility, i would bring him in and move butler to the 3 where he belongs, and get rid of marion and terry any which way they can
  • magic_b
    magic_b Members Posts: 282
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Is the general consensus that Shawn Marion is officially a ? and needs to go?
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ive been saying for the pass 6 years that the mavs will never win a ring with dirk as the leader of the team. He is not that caliber of a player. The mavs messed up when they fire Avery Johnson. Mark cuban needs to dismantle half of that team and try to lure Lebron to dallas.