This forum is so regionalist(hatin on other regions), not enough love 4 the south!!

skidro718
skidro718 Members Posts: 22
edited May 2010 in The Reason
* I DO LIVE IN NY*

c'mon lets be real ny rap is dead n rappers r scrambling 2 find the right formula to revive ny rap. who cares about a maino or a vado or any other local ny hero(lol @ the hottest male rapper from queens right now being wacka flocka)

dont get me started wit club life here in ny..wack x 100..i go to atl its totally different. respect the south b!thes, C'MON U POST WACK ASS SHINE TRACKS, BUT MISTICAL DROPPED A FEW TRACK.

wheres the love for roscoe dash?? he got the hottest song out right now(show out)

MY FORMULA SOUTHERN RAP+(HOESXDRINKS)= GUARANTEED SEX, N NY RAP AINT HELPIN ME OUT!!!

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Welcome to The Reason....
  • 7thwardslim
    7thwardslim Members Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Right Welcome to the Reason......where the south killed Hip Hop...... but for the last 2 decades..... down south artist were listed as rappers and east coast artist listed as hip hop artist...... remember a decade ago...... all east coast artist and music was labeled hip hop....... west coast music was labeled gangsta rap......downsouth music was labeled rap...... because east wanted separation....... they thought it was difference between a rapper and a MC.....lol

Hip Hop is to technical and sensitive for me........beside when did the 4 elements of hip hop change......if i remember correct down south artist never was known for:

Breaking, Graff Work or Scratching........so in the true essence.....we are being blamed for killing hip hop....when we never did hip hop in the first place....

I need to see peole like Jay-Z and Nas, Maino, Papoose..... Dipset.....Joe Buddens.....the whole SlaughterHouse.....well ? it every East coast artist...

i need to see these ? start break-dancing....... spray painting walls......and scratchin records........thats how u bring hip hop back.....
    because i dont see down south artist doing this......so i dont see how down south artist killed hip hop
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    skidro718 wrote: »

MY FORMULA SOUTHERN RAP+(HOESXDRINKS)= GUARANTEED SEX, N NY RAP AINT HELPIN ME OUT!!!

forget all that. shouldn't need the music to assist you in ? raiding
  • JQUEENS21
    JQUEENS21 Members Posts: 228
    edited April 2010
    Who goes to clubs in NY? They are filled with douches. It is all about lounges and private parties. If you not in the know, I understand why you need to go to another town to party. Damn you can at least bar hop in the LES.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    honestly..there are not alot of southern rappers spittin that ? . its not that ? hate on the south, its that a majority of southern rappers that are being forcefed to the listeners are wack..str8 up. me being from the tri-state area(NJ,PA), i have a certain standard of music that alot of southern artists just can't compete with.
  • brazilblur
    brazilblur Members Posts: 668
    edited April 2010
    The south does have som of the hottest rappers in the game right now with out a doubt!! I got no hate for the south, whatever region comes out with good music i bump
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    honestly..there are not alot of southern rappers spittin that ? . its not that ? hate on the south, its that a majority of southern rappers that are being forcefed to the listeners are wack..str8 up. me being from the tri-state area(NJ,PA), i have a certain standard of music that alot of southern artists just can't compete with.

Thats radio man. Turn that ? off. I bet for every rapper you give me from another region I can give you one right back from the south thats just as good or good enough.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    1255727960556.jpg
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    uhhh what? all this forum is is south stans.
  • KarolinaKid
    KarolinaKid Members Posts: 203
    edited May 2010
    hlf wrote: »
    Thats radio man. Turn that ? off. I bet for every rapper you give me from another region I can give you one right back from the south thats just as good or good enough.

and when u say stuff like this people on this thread get quiet cuz they kno deep down the south is the best region in hip hop.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    New York Fell off big time no question. Down south got some good rappers though amongst all that ? that comes from down there. IMO the Midwest got it locked as far as "Real Hip Hop" goes.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited May 2010
    yeah NY Hip Hop is dead
    West Coast Hip Hop is on Life support
    Midwest Hip Hop is struggling
    and Down South Hip Hop roccs
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    yeah NY Hip Hop is dead
    West Coast Hip Hop is on Life support
    Midwest Hip Hop is struggling
    and Down South Hip Hop roccs

Midwest is doing pretty good. we got a strong underground (black milk) some solid intermediate players (Lupe) alternative mc's (cudi) and big stars (eminem.) we doing fine. but the south is killing everybody when it comes to ring tones & overall album sales.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited May 2010
    Midwest is doing pretty good. we got a strong underground (black milk) some solid intermediate players (Lupe) alternative mc's (cudi) and big stars (eminem.) we doing fine. but the south is killing everybody when it comes to ring tones & overall album sales.

i'll give the Midwest Lupe
    Em is ok but he either on or he off
    dint know about the underground though
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited May 2010

oh yeah, Drake & K'naan ain't from the midwest but they r from the great lakes (just like kanye, em, lupe & twista)
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited May 2010
    skidro718 wrote: »
    * I DO LIVE IN NY*

c'mon lets be real ny rap is dead n rappers r scrambling 2 find the right formula to revive ny rap. who cares about a maino or a vado or any other local ny hero(lol @ the hottest male rapper from queens right now being wacka flocka)

dont get me started wit club life here in ny..wack x 100..i go to atl its totally different. respect the south b!thes, C'MON U POST WACK ASS SHINE TRACKS, BUT MISTICAL DROPPED A FEW TRACK.

wheres the love for roscoe dash?? he got the hottest song out right now(show out)

I'm from NY too. I just don't really care for anything the south produces really, outside one or two artists.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited May 2010
    i guess if the South fell off like NY i wouldnt want another region to shine
    NY=Hater City
  • weezyfgarbage
    edited May 2010
    Well, as the T/S is proof, NY isn't all "haters"(seriously you're a ? for hackneying this word to death)...there's too many people in NY to categorize the whole city as having a certain opinion...dissenting opinions make themselves heard louder, obviously.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited May 2010
    lol
    no one gets two runs in Hip Hop
    Midwest had its run
  • ItzGravitation
    edited May 2010
    genstasia wrote: »
    What run? They never had their whole region on top they will have an artiist here and an artist there but not all at the same time....

ok then i guess you're right
    but who go help them run it?
    Lupe?
    Twista?
    EM?
    The West Coast got a better chance of bringing Easy E bacc
  • JQUEENS21
    edited May 2010
    SMH at you corner go going no where in 20 years mentality. Last I checked, this is music and music is universal. Like the kid in France or the dude in Tokyo care about that. But you simpletons do. Thanks for killing it.
  • weezyfgarbage
    edited May 2010
    Difference is, the kid in France has a better chance of understanding U.S. rap than you do of understanding French rap lol (not trying to contradict your point, just an observation).
  • JQUEENS21
    edited May 2010
    Difference is, the kid in France has a better chance of understanding U.S. rap than you do of understanding French rap lol (not trying to contradict your point, just an observation).

But, it is not hard to take time and learn the basics of the language. You would pick up on it quick. And you know there are some English speaking artists that are mumbling and speak utterness. I am Latino and I have a hard time understanding Reggaeton lyrics. That whole thing is atrocious.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited May 2010
    Raggaeton succs
    i swear that ? make me want to start killing latino artists who make it
  • JQUEENS21
    edited May 2010
    Raggaeton succs
    i swear that ? make me want to start killing latino artists who make it

With your AIDS ? ?