Arcade Fam... Put me up on this used games debacle

Options
ocelot
ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
I haven't bought a used game since I was a teenager. I'm not knocking it, but I'm reading some people saying if they block used games they wouldn't buy the next gen systems... I know gamers like to ? because theyre*insert KOA joke* but this is crazy... Or I'm just crazy.

I say if we take out used game... Cut the game price by half and everyone is happy.

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    I haven't bought a used game since I was a teenager. I'm not knocking it, but I'm reading some people saying if they block used games they wouldn't buy the next gen systems... I know gamers like to ? because theyre*insert KOA joke* but this is crazy... Or I'm just crazy.

I say if we take out used game... Cut the game price by half and everyone is happy.

? ?

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I enjoy selling old games. Helps me purchase new ones. If people stop buying used games because they cant play them anymore then i cant put that money i would have gotten towards new games which sucks
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Basically, both the XBone and PS4 will have DRM and the Sony stans are in denial about it.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also. WTF am I supposed to do with a game after I finish it? And if I buy a game, think its ? and refund it. What happens then?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also. WTF am I supposed to do with a game after I finish it? And if I buy a game, think its ? and refund it. What happens then?

I don't really get rid of games. I'm proud of my collection. But that's just me. Read reviews before you buy games. It's your fault if you buy a bad game.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ive bought some games that were highly rated that were ass IMO
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^ worst gamer....ever
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

I don't really get rid of games. I'm proud of my collection. But that's just me. Read reviews before you buy games. It's your fault if you buy a bad game.

with demos and redbox, i dont see any reason to buy wack games anymore. this is why i laugh at dudes who complain about an ip like infamous and killzone, theybought it and was mad they aint like it. both games had 2 gb sized nearly hour long demos on psn weeks earlier, and you still went out and blindly bought it w/o trying? lmao
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I trust no reviews cause most of them are paid off that's why I have gamefly and if u like the game u could keep it and they sell u the game at a good used game price unlike gamestop's prices.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dub_Deux wrote: »
    ^^ worst gamer....ever

who is this?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options

Disagree. Well, somewhat. ? could look good and have decent reviews but just not be your cuppa tea.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Disagree. Well, somewhat. ? could look good and have decent reviews but just not be your cuppa tea.

That's why you actually read thru the review instead of just scrolling to the bottom to get the numbers.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options

That's why you actually read thru the review instead of just scrolling to the bottom to get the numbers.

Leave me alone.

• WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I buy used only cuz my attention span for games is so short they aren't worth $60 yo me. I dont even get games when they first come out. ? im about to get Black Ops 2 and Halo 4 for less than $60 together used.
  • Squidward Tentacles
    Squidward Tentacles Members Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i only buy used games unless it's something i've been waiting on like gta 5 or bioshock infinite and/or pre ordering or buying on release will give you exclusive in-game content, but it's rare. so it would suck if used games became a thing of the past. but ultimately it's not a game changing decision when deciding which next gen console to buy.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    MrWise wrote: »
    I buy used only cuz my attention span for games is so short they aren't worth $60 yo me. I dont even get games when they first come out. ? im about to get Black Ops 2 and Halo 4 for less than $60 together used.
    i only buy used games unless it's something i've been waiting on like gta 5 or bioshock infinite and/or pre ordering or buying on release will give you exclusive in-game content, but it's rare. so it would suck if used games became a thing of the past. but ultimately it's not a game changing decision when deciding which next gen console to buy.

Arkham Origins should be a first day kop for anyone who has ever posted in the Arcade