Spin off thread: is 50 cent aka Curtis Jackson a legend?

Options
international
international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
Also, do yall consider Ja to be one?

Speak on it!

Comments

• YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 yes, Ja Rule, hell no....
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol, nope
    ? said he's done what Puffy and Jay Z did faster.
    if you compare him to a dog you can see how he died faster too.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    naw you gotta have more than 1 dope album to be a legend
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah.. hes just a "Rappa"....with great business sense..

Kind of synonymous.. with an eye catching sports star who played 4 years.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Im at a cross road with 50 cause he really only has 1 great album and it if werent for all the hype it surely wouldnt have sold as much as it did but it did and did have an impact on the game. So Im not sure if a 5 year run is enough to be "legendary"

Ja? Nah
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 a legend? I would have to say no. But its a tricky one. Hes like that NBA player who flares up for a good while and is talk of the town (Vince Carter in 2000 anyone?) and even though he is consistent (Carter got 7 all stars in a row) he will never be held in the same regard as the real big players. But thats my opinion.

As for Ja? Hell no
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    50 cent: no....could have been, his mixtapes are amazing but the studio albums is what matters 1 good one doesn't do it

ja rule: no...could have been, but lost his buzz along the way and longevity also plays a key factor

but i'll be damned if i wouldn't want that kind of rap to make a comeback
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    LOL.. Filthy Cent ain't no gotdamn legend.. he did have one hell of an impact though, a decade ago..
  • Trigga T
    Trigga T Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Neither dude a legend. Fif certainly stirred the game up when he came out, people listened when he spoke. But he's had a ruthless business sense which has kept him 'relevant'. The music fell off once he started doing what he dissed Ja for doing...suck my ? 50 stans y'all know ? true. Can't knock homie hustle tho, he stays getting that money.

Ja...damn...if Fif hadn't of chopped the head off his career I think Geoffery Atkins could of, not been legend status, but I think he could of been a more respected artist. He had solid albums regardless of the ectasy getting him emotional n mushy...word to Busta.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 a legend? I would have to say no. But its a tricky one. Hes like that NBA player who flares up for a good while and is talk of the town (Vince Carter in 2000 anyone?) and even though he is consistent (Carter got 7 all stars in a row) he will never be held in the same regard as the real big players. But thats my opinion.

As for Ja? Hell no

carter is a legend too
    if and1 mixtape basketball guys like alimoe are legends, how can carter not be one

similarily if big L and big pun are legends
    how can 50 not be one?
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both are legends, easily.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 ain't a legend to me off purely music. In terms of rapper turned businessman, definitely.

Ja Rule though? Lol, you funny...
  • international
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Most of yall seem to have to ponder about 50's status, yet are quick to shut down Ja in those same respects.

Why is that? Yall ain't explained why he can't be considered or given the same thought as Curtis.

Ja's albums had a longer life span than 50's, if yall think about it...
  • international
    Options
    Never been a fif fan but he's a legend.he's the reason mix tapes are what they are now. HoF album...maybe two.

50 owned hiphop for at least 5. That's significant being that the genre is only 30 yrs old

50 publicity wise was able to stay hot, but musically any album that ain't GRODT had a very short life span or no replay value.

He should receive some credit for the mix tape game, but so should Cam and Dipset.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he is.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    real talk, i dont ? with cam'ron's music but he became more legendary when he made CUUUUURTIIIIIS
  • international
    Options
    real talk, i dont ? with cam'ron's music but he became more legendary when he made CUUUUURTIIIIIS

Cam's been legendary.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50-cent-teeth-before-and-after.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdT97qaxSks

Cam is the only ? to make a rapper get his teeth fixed.. LOL..
  • international
    Options
    50-cent-teeth-before-and-after.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdT97qaxSks

Cam is the only ? to make a rapper get his teeth fixed.. LOL..

and name their album...
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50's a legend. and its crazy how people trying to diminish how hot The Massacre is, and conveniently forget about POTD...those two and GRODT can all be considered classics.
  • jeffbundles
    jeffbundles Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    Options
    in my opinion i believe that 50 is not a legend but he i feel he should be highly respected regardless of how how the music is alot of people online talk bare ? about how he beefs too much how he makes pop music so on and so forth, to be honest to me atleast i feel the masses speak if your albums are selling if you have commercial success in your music you must be likable to some degree and with his business sense he is unquestionable he has made more than alot of our favorite rappers and has even brought back a few of our favorite rappers, adding a little more attention to hip hop. if we had a hall of fame i would say he should be in there