Your all time top 10

Options
13»

Comments

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you not giving a ? about something makes it unimportant??

The same as you saying Kobe going to the Finals 7 times is useless. You're telling me PER and other advanced stats can't be misleading? I'm not saying they're not important at all but they're surely not the end all be all of who is better. Blu didn't even really list a bunch of random ? . He just said Kobe was better over the decade and head-to-head Kobe sonned Duncan's team in Duncan's prime several times. The 81 and 62 point thing doesn't prove Kobe is better but it exemplifies how amazing of a scorer he was.

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @blu197
    If u was actually makin a case instead of w/e you called urself doin you'd compare their careers

Duncans been better at pretty much every stage except the Age 30 mark & maybe 34, maybe. What he isnt is a better scorer than Kobe- that+his teams style of play & location has had him overlooked his entire career

5 Finals appearances & has yet to lose ("Kobes been to the finals 7 times" see how useless that is)
    Heres somethin useful- Duncans 4-0 has 3 Finals MVPs to Kobes 2. None of his are iffy or should i say can be seen as iffy as Kobes 2010
    You can also argue Duncan could have the 07 MVP due to his play on both ends. Parker just had a great match up. no knock tho
    Advanced stats- All favor Duncan over the entire course of their career- Win Shares, PER, etc.
    Efficiency- All numbers, metrics & box scores favor Duncan...basketballreference.com is a goodstart
    Leadership- Hahahaha. Lets just skip this

no wait...Hahahaha. ill play.Tim Duncans teams have finished out of the top 4 only once. He has never missed the playoffs & his teams had the #1 seed 5 times to Kobes 4 while Kobe has finished with a bottom 2 seed 4 times..also..no really lets move on

*doesnt mention Shaq*

Duncan has 2 MVPs. Kobe has 1. Kobes one is wayy more controversial and debatable than either of Duncans in the game of "should haves"
    11 1st Teams for both
    3 2nd teams for Duncan. 2 for Kobe
    1 3rd for Duncan. 2 for Kobe

Kobe has 9 First Team all defenses.Duncan has 8. Kobe has 3 2nd Team All Defense. Duncan has 6.
    *doesnt mention Shaq*
    oh yea, Kobe won the dunk contest and ?

Unless you think All Star MVPs & Scoring titles are the determining factors. Duncan eclipses Kobe in every relevant facet of Two Top 10 players. i got all my info from hating, you can double check

Kobe's 2010 Fmvp is not iffy @ all, look @ his stats for THE SERIES and tell me who else deseved Fmvp on that lakers squad, and even tho he had a bad game 7, the stats show he STILL had the best game out of his teammates.... And You be smokin sumthin ? a lot of Spurs fans i know feel Manu deseved the 05 Fmvp,and how was Kobe's MVP more controversial when the lakers had the #1 seed and went all the way to the finals that yr???And if you say Tim Duncan has been in the playoffs more times than kobe and hasn't missed the playoffs then i say Kobe has been in the finals more times than Duncan, and you act like Duncan hasn't had HOF help and one of the best supporting cast since his rookie year.... the year kobe missed the playoffs he had a roster with players that are not in the league anymore including the coach.....
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Name one thing Kobe does on the floor that you can say he is hands down better than Duncan at (yes even scoring because Duncan would score 30 a night of he was asked too)?
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im gonna name those i actually have seen in my lifetime (which means that Russell, Kareem, Wilt and that lot aint on)

1: MJ (who else really?)
    2: Scottie
    3: Bird
    4: Magic
    5: Kobe
    6: LeBron
    7: Payton (would have been Kemp if he hadnt imploded the way he did)
    8: Barkley
    9: Stockton (either him or Mailman)
    10: Duncan

Honorable Mentions: Olajuwon, Shaq, Malone, KG,