Who Raised You: Single Parent or Both?

124»

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both Parents (Biological)
    Both biological parents under THE SAME HOUSEHOLD. Married almost 28 yrs.

Lol @ some of yall wanting so bad to claim the "both parents" choice when they was never married and lived in different locations.

Yeah I should have made it a little more clearer. By biological I ment two married parents one household
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played so much ? sports growing up, I was barely home. They was together and raised me but I was never there.

Mom and pops divorced when I was a freshman though.
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    i feel like i was raised by a group of women.
    my mom, grandma, and great-grandma raised me til i was about 16. after that my godmom and godfather took over.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parents celebrated their 31 year anniversary on April 3rd.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A combination between my parents and hoes.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were on some hood Cosby ? . Mom and dad are both college educated, raised five of us boys, did the yearly summer vacation, camping trips, park picnics, football at the beach, etc. We were working class but I felt rich as ? due to the love we all received. Black love=Black excellence!
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    A pack of drag queens.

poor thing
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    lmao off at the fact that growing up with parents who were married being considered privileged.
  • movingfeet
    movingfeet Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    Other
    moms,step pops,godfather and life mentor
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Single Mother
    Raised by Mom Dukes, my pops left this earth too soon when I was 2 months old. That caused me to look for male guidance in the wrong places specifically the block. But being raised by my Moms and mostly women gave me a different outlook on certain things in life.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    parents married 36 years...
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I played so much ? sports growing up, I was barely home. They was together and raised me but I was never there.

Mom and pops divorced when I was a freshman though.

i feel this. I had a similar situation. I played sports all year round from like 7th grade on. But my parents damn sure made sure we talked at least for an hour or so everyday. But as much as I wasn't home, that made a huge difference in my mindset and decisions I made when I wasn't home.

• Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parents now married over 40 years.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm Sure There's Alot Of Fatherless ? On The IC
  • BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My parents stayed together until my brother and I graduated high school. 19 yrs.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Single Mother
    Pops cheated.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandparent(s)
    when moms was down and out my Grandmother held me and my sister down til she got her ? together then we moved right next door. Turned 17 and found my father in Minnesota ...never left been here for 20 years
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandparent(s)
    naw this ? father aint really evander is it?

lol you be the judge
    344oy1e.jpg

yeah that him. syke. pops look like them ? from that old school group. you know the ones with the mustaches.

the whispers lol
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Your parents were divorced but went on vacations with eachother? thats wild. My momma always kept a weapon in her purse just in case my dad showed up again.

lmao..hell nah..not together. I mean we took family vacations with my dad and stepmom, and we took family vacations with my mother and stepdad.

Like responsible parents, they didn't let the fact that they weren't together stop them from raising their children.

I would consider that being raised by BOTH parents.

Some of you MFers know damn well your parents hated each other and life was miserable coming up, but because your parents stuck it out under one roof it's all good. That's worse than having divorced parents.

That was true untill my brother, sister, and i moved out. Now they communicate better and all that. 32 years.