Large Professor says "Ether" was Watered Down (Combat Jack)

Options
13»

Comments

• traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uuuugh this jayz takeover "facts" myth but I digress from igniting a redundant debate. 97 could of put ether against takeover and the results woulda been the same,Blaze talking about "unfair"? Jay had a whole radio station riding with him in his favor dedicating a entire show to takeover, they even tried to rig the votes. It was a very skillful and wise choice on Nas's part to go with ron browz beat oppose to a hype beat by swizz cause it made his lyrics stand out more and hit even harder. He proved that if your in a battle and your pen game sharp enough you dont need a hot sample or catchy hook for fans to sing along to if you move strategically knowing how to use whatever your opponent throws at you against him that alone can put you on top and all those other fancy elements into constructing a battle record wont even cease to exist. Nas been able to stand the test of time cause he has always been keen in doing things his way since his debut the rest is history.

This right here is excellent!
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uuuugh this jayz takeover "facts" myth but I digress from igniting a redundant debate. 97 could of put ether against takeover and the results woulda been the same,Blaze talking about "unfair"? Jay had a whole radio station riding with him in his favor dedicating a entire show to takeover, they even tried to rig the votes. It was a very skillful and wise choice on Nas's part to go with ron browz beat oppose to a hype beat by swizz cause it made his lyrics stand out more and hit even harder. He proved that if your in a battle and your pen game sharp enough you dont need a hot sample or catchy hook for fans to sing along to if you move strategically knowing how to use whatever your opponent throws at you against him that alone can put you on top and all those other fancy elements into constructing a battle record wont even cease to exist. Nas been able to stand the test of time cause he has always been keen in doing things his way since his debut the rest is history.

Word. I love both MC's & songs but ? act like Ether was just an entire song with nothing but him clowning like he wasnt saying ? about the stabbing, him getting chased down etc etc.
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First, emcees record tracks and go back and change the lyrics all the time. Some of you act like its impossible that Nas had a different version of Ether.

Second, when Big Daddy Kane dissed Rakim on "Set It Off", Rakim recorded a full diss track on Kane, but we didnt hear it cause after word got back to Kane how career ending the track was he called up Rakim and apologized before the track was released. The public never got to hear the track. But that doesnt mean that the track didnt exist either.
  • alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Camel warriors in this ? salty as hell
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    11 years later Jigga Warriors still mad....yall need to let it go
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First, emcees record tracks and go back and change the lyrics all the time. Some of you act like its impossible that Nas had a different version of Ether.

Second, when Big Daddy Kane dissed Rakim on "Set It Off", Rakim recorded a full diss track on Kane, but we didnt hear it cause after word got back to Kane how career ending the track was he called up Rakim and apologized before the track was released. The public never got to hear the track. But that doesnt mean that the track didnt exist either.

Someone was talking about this, Rakim or BDK wouldn't discuss it but someone else did and I forgot who.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Don't forget, Jaz-O gave Nas a lot of the personal info he used for ether ('chased in ya building')

So imo, Nas had so much dirt on Jay that it made the original song cluttered, and not a better or more etherous song. Sometimes less is more.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I call ? .. but then again i never thought ether was all that vicious...good diss? Yea.. but ive heard way more vicious diss songs... ? and big lipped jokes arent hard for elementary kids to do on a playground

'JJ Evans, gunned up and clapped quick.'

'Girls, girls, girls. You no mustache havin...'

I don't giv a damn WHO says it, this was ? comedy gold. ? that.