The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

fortyacres
fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
edited November 2017 in Lights, Camera, Action!
zph3w0x6yd35.png

Comments

• TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/918051/david-goyer-discusses-the-possibility-of-batman-and-superman-teaming-up.jhtml

David Goyer the man behind the latest superhero flick “Man of Steel” has hinted towards the possibility of his latest hero Superman teaming up with Batman and the crew for a Justice League film.

Poyer resumes includes co-writing and assistance on Chirtopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy but states that the caped crusader fans have grown to love would not be appearing in the film.

Screen-shot-2013-06-11-at-9.14.02-PM.pngScreen-shot-2013-06-11-at-9.18.20-PM.png
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    i knew it would happen hopefully the Batman in this universe is already established so there's no need for an origins story
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope they don't make individual movies for each Leaguer. They'd all be ? ' awful.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They announced this plan a long time ago. Man Of Steel was going to be the first step, if it does well at the box office, they will make a justice league movie, then release the individual movies after the JL movie.

Man of Steel is a day from officially being released and it already has a sequel lined up so expect JL to happen.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    They announced this plan a long time ago. Man Of Steel was going to be the first step, if it does well at the box office, they will make a justice league movie, then release the individual movies after the JL movie.

Man of Steel is a day from officially being released and it already has a sequel lined up so expect JL to happen.

After watching Man Of Steel, in pretty sure JL is coming.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the new batman movies are gona have villians like freeze n ?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we get JL ? about to be GOAT
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should do a worlds finest movie first after man of steel 2 and then reboot gl an make ww like thor more modern take and get gina from fast 6 to play her
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iron man1 wrote: »
    They should do a worlds finest movie first after man of steel 2 and then reboot gl an make ww like thor more modern take and get gina from fast 6 to play her

Thor was really boring partly because it abandoned a lot of the fantastical ? for most of the movie. I would never want to see that approach to a Wonder Woman. I'd much prefer a stylized Wonder Woman movie.

Now that I think of it World's Finest would make JL feel redundant since a lot of the appeal of JL for the general audience would be seeing Superman and Batman on screen together. So with that in mind I don't think I'd want to see a World's Finest and feel they're doing the right thing just jumping straight into JL where they have more personalities to play off of instead.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Man they better not ? this ? up is all im saying i been waiting for this ? for to damn long for ? to ? this up
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man i dunno, the way MOS was setup is didnt seem like any other meta humans existed in that films world
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who would the JLA roster be? Being a straight up fanboy and mainly because the classic roster has never been seen outside of the comics, I would want to see Supes, The Batman, Diana, Hal, Barry, J'onn and Aquaman. However considering that Hollywood always wants to give us "diversity," in comic book films, they might give us Jon Stewart, or they might give us the current JLA roster, or maybe the JLA roster from the animated series.

Though I'm partial to the classic JLA roster of Superman, The Batman, Wonder Woman, the Green Lantern (Hal Jordan,) The Flash, (Barry Allen,) the Martian Manhunter, and Aquaman, I wouldn't be mad if they used the current JLA roster, or the one from the animated series. Personally, I think the roster for the film is going to be Supes, the Batman, Diana, GL, and the Flash, unless of course the new The Avengers movie has Quicksilver in it. The reason I think that Aquaman and J'onn won't appear is because in the case of Aquaman those ? screenwriters in Hollywood wouldn't know how to write him. Hell ? in the comic industry barely know how to write Aquaman, I expect even less from those in Hollywood. As far as MM, Hollywood would probably feel he's too obscure of a character to the mainstream audience, also the as with Aquaman, they probably wouldn't know how to write him.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard when rumors of JLA movie were starting that they werent gonna do aquaman in the film. They need to get the comic book writers to help out with the screen play. Geoff Johns made Aquaman one of my favorite members of the JLA, and he didnt takeover aquaman until recent years. It would be really unfortunate if Aquaman isnt in the movie tho because hes a big part of DC's universe.

I think they should swap the GL too. Just because the Ryan Reynolds GL is so fresh in peoples minds. I think they should use John Stewart because he's effing awesome, and he was the green lantern in the justice league cartoons when i was growing up.

Flash and WW should be in there for sure, and they will have batman of course. Since they are rebooting batman so soon tho, rebooting hal jordan wouldnt be too crazy of an idea.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a few days ago head of WB told USa today that if superman doesnt earn atleast 750 million that they may reconsider doing a JLA and wonder woman movie.

SO the fate of the JLA movie rest on the success of MOS
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    MOS is tracking to open with 100 million over the weekend. That would be a ? slap to the opening weekend of the last Superman movie. Let's see what it does overall worldwide.
  • iron man1
    I hope your boy fails miserably you depressed bastard..... @batman

Nah I can't wait to see this ? tomorrow for real looking forward to it lol
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBossman wrote: »
    @batman. vs @ironman1 LETS GO!!!
    billionaire, playboy, philanthropist vs. billionaire, playboy, philanthropist
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Batman would win...cuz he has more gadgets is a strategist and can make his own iron batman suit...ijs
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Dropping billi back to back>>>>>>> getting broke AND getting back broken

Damn that made lol.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Honestly, I rather see the JL characters from the animated series. Jon Steward as GL is a no brainer for me.
  • iron man1
    I agree with jon stewart being used I mean the jl animated show is still pretty fresh in our minds still if they do get the ball rolling they should just go avengers route and keep the group small and expand later superman batman ww flash an gl and the new 52 aquaman is a g
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    They should use the original lineup and use John Stewart instead of Hal Jordan. Then they should drop a Superman sequel, Wonder Woman, Flash, and a rebooted Green Lantern movie with John Stewart. Then do the Justice League sequel. Then do a rebooted Batman movie, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman movie.