Does anyone get annoyed by how small these boxers are?

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    iAMNOVA wrote: »
    yall ? ? me with this ? ...acting like fighters are the same as regular ? ...those ? for lack of a better term are superhuman....yall ? acting like the human race is a race of super sayans or something like any and everyone could be a professional fighter...FOH...you dont know that when ur a professional fighter it changes ur biological make up right? ? are straight dumb professional fighters are biologically differnt from everyone else...the develop deeper pain thresholds,more fast twitch muscles,higher lung capacity,more dense bone structure,more muscle mass and protective tissue,better hand eye co-or,reflexes,not to mention the knowledge that comes along with yrs of training...yeah its not the ring,cage, or mat...but the only advantage ur getting from that is if ur toting a weapon...or your crew seriously outnumbers dude...yall ? killing me with the fighters are normal everyday people ? ...? i'm nice...i been a semi pro for about 5yrs now...and i know that most ? that step to me on the street aint leaving under their own power...been there and done that...so da ? u think a top of the line ? is going to do to the avg ? ? and i'm only a damn MMA middleweight...u keep seeing what happens to ? that test Tyson and that ? been done.

Lol im saying let alone george foreman at his age.. he would .. literally ? you.. and smile
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lol im saying let alone george foreman at his age.. he would .. literally ? you.. and smile
    word...? ...i laugh everytime i hear about that time them 4 fours tried to test Tyson and that had to treat tyson for minor cuts on his hands...them other ? were hospitalized...lol i was like damn Mike fists were busting mad ? in the mouth...lol
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? are stupid.....

You'll get knocked out
  • trACE_evidence
    trACE_evidence Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yall ? ? me with this ? ...acting like fighters are the same as regular ? ...those ? for lack of a better term are superhuman....yall ? acting like the human race is a race of super sayans or something like any and everyone could be a professional fighter...FOH...you dont know that when ur a professional fighter it changes ur biological make up right? ? are straight dumb professional fighters are biologically differnt from everyone else...the develop deeper pain thresholds,more fast twitch muscles,higher lung capacity,more dense bone structure,more muscle mass and protective tissue,better hand eye co-or,reflexes,not to mention the knowledge that comes along with yrs of training...yeah its not the ring,cage, or mat...but the only advantage ur getting from that is if ur toting a weapon...or your crew seriously outnumbers dude...yall ? killing me with the fighters are normal everyday people ? ...? i'm nice...i been a semi pro for about 5yrs now...and i know that most ? that step to me on the street aint leaving under their own power...been there and done that...so da ? u think a top of the line ? is going to do to the avg ? ? and i'm only a damn MMA middleweight...u keep seeing what happens to ? that test Tyson and that ? been done.

So,, your a semi-pro MMA fighter... I consider YOU an average an average ? . You ain't making a living off the ? right?

You tellin' me you don't think you would have a chance against Floyd?
  • iAMNOVA
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So,, your a semi-pro MMA fighter... I consider YOU an average an average ? . You ain't making a living off the ? right?

You tellin' me you don't think you would have a chance against Floyd?

in a street fight...if i can walk thru the barrage of punches...i'd have a chance...i make a lil bit...but its more of justr a hobby ...i know i used to murk ? that was MMA fighters when i first started training MMA...because i have a deep amature boxing bg...and them ? stayed getting KO'd trying to get in range tpo shoot on me...or at least beating the fight out of them...it depends on the type of boxer...but i now i stand a better chance against floyd in the streets than 99% of other ? without any significant training...and chances are i'm still getting thrashed b4 i get inside...? act like its a shame to take an L from a professional fighter...all fights start out standing up...and u gotta get insde to get it to the ground...ur going to eat a lot of shots b4 u make it in there...I'm mos def above avg...and yes 7 out 10 times floyd would knock my ass out trying to get inside with him...foh
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The people sayin Floyd will beat all these big dudes up are under the premise that it'll b a boxin match. Like when sum1 said Ray Lewis earlier. Floyd punches for a living, and Ray tackles for a living. So Ray can get his ass down, and once that happens it's over. Floyd isn't overpowering that dude. He isn't strong enuff to overpower these other dudes, and once it's on the ground all that speed/punching power/training goes out the window. Ya'll never seen those UFC fights where one dude has a terrible ground game, so he wants to stand up and throw hands? Then once it goes to the ground it's just embarassing for him while he gets his ass beat.
  • playmaker88
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Like someone said youtube a video of you ? with welterweight.. professional champion level fighter.... im not talking these Alabama boxing commmission flunkies.. im talkin bought real fighters..

this argument changed when they realized that.. them beating a pro fighter was simply nonexistent.. so they changed the game to them vs ray lewis.. and jesus.. foh.. yall lost
  • bow to royalty
    edited May 2010
    Options

THAT'S THAT! 50's not a professional athlete. He said himself, once he had grabbed Floyd he had em, and it's not really a problem after that. So ya'lls theory of Floyd hits you 5 times before you touch him, he's too quick to b grabbed, and all that ? goes out the window.

And it doesn't matter what you think of 50 as a person/rapper. It sounds like he's tellin the truth, and that's all that matters.
  • iAMNOVA
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The people sayin Floyd will beat all these big dudes up are under the premise that it'll b a boxin match. Like when sum1 said Ray Lewis earlier. Floyd punches for a living, and Ray tackles for a living. So Ray can get his ass down, and once that happens it's over. Floyd isn't overpowering that dude. He isn't strong enuff to overpower these other dudes, and once it's on the ground all that speed/punching power/training goes out the window. Ya'll never seen those UFC fights where one dude has a terrible ground game, so he wants to stand up and throw hands? Then once it goes to the ground it's just embarassing for him while he gets his ass beat.

u gotta get them there first...like i said when i first started training MMA i had a pretty deep amateur boxing BG...and most cats werent even getting me to the ground...they couldnt get close enough to even get a real takedown attempt in...there were cats that were NCAA wrestlers,seasoned MMA vets, Kickboxers, fighters of all disciplines...not saying that its not going to happen...but chances are......also most of those MMA cats have no real striking bg...most of them are wrestlers which means even the ones that do strike arent really good at it...u can tell by how they throw their punches and how they react to getting swung on...that being said the avg ? isnt eating a bunch of floyd punches to get inside to even take him down...its going to take someone who is trained really well or a freak of nature
  • playmaker88
    edited May 2010
    Options

THAT'S THAT! 50's not a professional athlete. He said himself, once he had grabbed Floyd he had em, and it's not really a problem after that. So ya'lls theory of Floyd hits you 5 times before you touch him, he's too quick to b grabbed, and all that ? goes out the window.

And it doesn't matter what you think of 50 as a person/rapper. It sounds like he's tellin the truth, and that's all that matters.

lol because 50cent said so.. man.. shut the ? up lol... your are hilarious..
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    LOL @ Floyd swingin on 50 and poppin him behind the ear.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol this is funny

"so if iron man walked up on floyd mayweather, yall ? aint givin iron man a chance? he's iron man! floyd put his pants on just like you and me ? "
  • bow to royalty
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol because 50cent said so.. man.. shut the ? up lol... your are hilarious..

You think he's lyin then? I'm not a 50 fan, but the story sounds believable. Not like he's in there tryna sound like superman. Him and Floyd are friends...so why lie?
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Whoever is saying they will tackle and wrestle Flyod better be conditioned. If you don't have good wind....you getting ate after you get tired.
    Floyd's conditioning is impeccable.

Nickas underestimate stuff like that.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

ROTFL So the ngga is M.A.N.T.I.S.???!!!

mantis.jpg

LMAO I give up. Yall got it. 147lb Floyd > Life

I can see that ? now: *Superman rolls up on Floyd*

The peanut gallery: "i dont know about that one, I know superman got that flying ? but Floyd's hands son, his hands"
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "Once I had him on the ground I was good, it wasnt too much of a problem then"

Aint that what the ? i been sayin lol Clown ass nggas man. Case closed. SMH at nggas response to that is 'I dont believe it' ? outta here
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Are f*cking kidding me with that Ray Lewis nonsense? Y'all are acting like Ray Lewis and Mayweather are gonna start talking smack, and then Ray Lewis is gonna be like "hold up, let me get set", back up and line line up 3 yards deep, come up the A gap, and try to sack Mayweather. LMAO @ ur stupidity. This isn't a f*cking stunt blitz package scheme. Mayweather spars people Ray Lewis's size on the regular and drops them like its nothing. Unless Ray Lewis has some sort of running start so he can make an open field tackle, Mayweather is gonna knock his teeth down his f*cking throat.

And SMH @ people listening to 50 cent's take on this sh*t. Why don't he take the butter knife out his back b4 he starts talking about Floyd.
  • bow to royalty
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Are f*cking kidding me with that Ray Lewis nonsense? Y'all are acting like Ray Lewis and Mayweather are gonna start talking smack, and then Ray Lewis is gonna be like "hold up, let me get set", back up and line line up 3 yards deep, come up the A gap, and try to sack Mayweather. LMAO @ ur stupidity. This isn't a f*cking stunt blitz package scheme. Mayweather spars people Ray Lewis's size on the regular and drops them like its nothing. Unless Ray Lewis has some sort of running start so he can make an open field tackle, Mayweather is gonna knock his teeth down his f*cking throat.

And SMH @ people listening to 50 cent's take on this sh*t. Why don't he take the butter knife out his back b4 he starts talking about Floyd.

Ray Lewis would ? up Floyd. That dude takes harder hits every game. And Floyd BOXES larger fighters. We're not talkin bout boxing, we mean if they got in a fight. Man, people are on Floyd's ? HARD. He can't KO people like everyone is sayin. That's why he doesn't fight larger people...he doesn't have the power to KO them. Like when Roy Jones Jr moved up and faught Ruiz. He beat his ass, but couldn't knock him out.
  • playmaker88
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Again why are u changing the argument.. you went from joe smoe to professional .. because you lost.. period..
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What type of fighting space are we talking here??

If it's outdoors in the open, Floyd would have the advantage cause his lack of size and strength wont be exploited like it would if you were to just walk up on him in a hallway or something.
  • bow to royalty
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Again why are u changing the argument.. you went from joe smoe to professional .. because you lost.. period..

I'm not changing, and professional what? Ray plays football for a living. I used 50 as an example, he's a rapper. SMH at ya'll thinkin a 147 lb boxer is the toughest mother ? on earth. Floyd's called POUND FOR POUND the best. That's cuz people with more pounds can ? him up. And I was talkin bout professional athletes much earlier, when I said a 147 lb wrestler would ? floyd up.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Actually ? think like this all the time. It's what usually gets ? beat up by boxers.

As a boxer myself, yall really need to learn the status of fighting. A boxer fighting a regular person of any weight has very big and numerous advantages.

1. Conditioning. Streetfights rarely last more than 30 seconds or so. Boxers are trained to fight in sets of minutes with very little break in between. This advantage is HUGE. In amature boxing conditioning wins more fights then anything else. And you're talking about fighting a world class pro?! The moment Mayweather sees you breathing from your mouth or lowering your hands those subtle clues would give Mayweather the opprotunity to unload on you.

From 0:07 to 0:25 was ALL punches and evasion at a very high pace. That's longer than most streetfights. It's also more than stamina too. If you boxed you'd know that just holding your hands at jaw-temple level is really taxing on the shoulders.

Also take into consideration that with sparring you're getting hit on the daily. With that practice and also jaw strength training like chewing leather, oneshotting a boxer is highly unlikely unless the hit was clean in extreme weight differences.

2. Technique. Another L streetfighting ? typically take. Squaring your feet is the easiest way to end up on your ass. Also people usually don't know how to have stance and lead with their dominate hand which means their punches will rarely land with maximum power. Also you have to know where to guard and have it subconciously guarded always. People usually guard the jaw, but leave their Solar Pluex open, temple open, ribs open etc.

3. Experince. The best teacher. Muscle memory is the best weapon an experinced 147 guy has over a 240 pounder. Pros can even dodged well thrown jabs, and in streetfights, ? typically ? back and unload overhands. To Mayweather throwing a punch like that means you may as well called him two days ago and told him you were going to punch him. In that timeframe with hands as fast as Floyds you could catch 3 jabs and he could still evade what was left of your punch.

So yeah, the dude isn't ? but he's definetly extraordinary talent on a worldwide boxing level. Thinking you can win just on weight advantage is dumb.

For the record I like low weight- mid weight boxing more anyway. There is usually more vairety in styles especially in the fallen off boxing in today. Heavy weights are almost always Sluggers. If they aren't 9 times out of 10 they'd just go play football and chase a bigger paycheck as a LT.
  • playmaker88
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm not changing, and professional what? Ray plays football for a living. I used 50 as an example, he's a rapper. SMH at ya'll thinkin a 147 lb boxer is the toughest mother ? on earth. Floyd's called POUND FOR POUND the best. That's cuz people with more pounds can ? him up. And I was talkin bout professional athletes much earlier, when I said a 147 lb wrestler would ? floyd up.

Look earlier in the thread where it started out about being about an average joe.. thats a more likely occurence than.. ray lewis smh.. point ot where i said he or anyone is invincible and like i said earlier i will givey you the contents of my banks account.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

u killin me with this superman ? . u are full of yourself. u the type of dude thats gonna get offed ? with the wrong one because u think you're "nice." GTFOH, if you a semi-pro fighter the ? u doin postin on a message board all the damn time? I smell ? .
  • bow to royalty
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Look earlier in the thread where it started out about being about an average joe.. thats a more likely occurence than.. ray lewis smh.. point ot where i said he or anyone is invincible and like i said earlier i will givey you the contents of my banks account.

Whoa paranoid, where did I say invincible? Even earlier in the thread my first comment was boxers aren't gonna go into the UFC and fight people. So I was talkin bout professionals from the beginning