Mandela’s visible legacy: South Africa’s interracial couples no longer need to hide

bambu
bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
south-africa-interracial-couple.jpg?w=600

During the apartheid era, homes of couples discovered to be breaking the laws were raided, and their bed sheets often checked and removed in case they needed to be used in court to prove illicit relations.

The ban on mixed marriage, designed to enforce total racial segregation, was ended in 1985 – one of the early reforms that signaled the end of white minority rule, culminating in the release of democracy icon Nelson Mandela after 27 years in prison.

When he was elected president in 1994, Mandela declared: “We enter into a covenant that we shall build a society in which all South Africans, both black and white, will be able to walk tall, without any fear in their hearts, assured of their inalienable right to human dignity — a rainbow nation at peace with itself and the world.”

And now, relationships between people of different races in South Africa are seen as a sign of the integration and reconciliation espoused by Mandela after he strode out of prison a free man.

130613-brinley-couples-03b.380;380;7;70;0.jpg

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/14/18928429-mandelas-visible-legacy-south-africas-interracial-couples-no-longer-need-to-hide?lite

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    reading anything on aparthied makes me hate honkies even more....the gall to do that ? in africa

and it ? me off how a african majority let that ? happen

and that last coulple in the o/p aint a interracial couple

If I was black in south africa I would still have alot of hate in my heart for what took place not so long ago
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More fuckery. Mandella needs to ? die already
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blk chick up top got some hips on her
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    they've integrated the bedroom,but not the boardroom

just like here.

cant really consider that too progressive. Not saying folks not having to hide isnt a good thing,but lets keep this ? in its proper perspective at least
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White man filthy palms on my beautiful black goddess queen, he should lose that filthy ass hand

*hand full of white woman cheeks*
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they've integrated the bedroom,but not the boardroom

just like here.

cant really consider that too progressive. Not saying folks not having to hide isnt a good thing,but lets keep this ? in its proper perspective at least

exactly...black people always think interracial relationships is a sign of progress and the white society accepting blacks and even feel good about seeing it....real interrgration happens in ownership and financial opportunities
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    A man's seed could be his most brutal weapon for generations......

Your people will stare into the eyes of their sons and they will see my likeness......

I will be remembered in every glance, every smile, every tear that is shed for eternity.......

*handfuls of Latina & European ass*

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your ? their wives and daughters."

http://youtu.be/6PQ6335puOc
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race mixing is wrong