If Jeff Hardy stays in the WWE after 09, is he bigger face than John Cena today?

DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited June 2013 in Off The Turn Buckle
Note: This is conditionally based off IF his drug problems NEVER GETS IN HIS WAY AND HE WOULD NEVER BE SUSPENDED AGAIN OR FIRED. Take that into consideration.

If Jeff Hardy stays in the WWE after 09, is he bigger face than John Cena today? 13 votes

A Bigger face than Cena
23%
jonoillestni99ainneMr.LV 3 votes
An Equal face to Cena
23%
Cutler 26 INT's LOL!DOPEdweebzPeezy_Jenkins 3 votes
A Smaller face than Cena
53%
sobekdalyricalbanditKNiGHTSTheBossmanVIBETheBoyRoTheIraq 7 votes

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Vince woulda found some way to ? all over him even without the drug busts.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matt hardy wouldve been begging to go on tour with him
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Bigger face than Cena
    Jeff was wildly over, i dont see any reason why that would have changed. He was truly a dude that captures peoples imagination AND he grew up on WWE TV so all audiences even from decade prior would have known him.

I know alot of people who were kinda turned off by the rise of low-level Attitude Era guys like Bradshaw and Edge but didnt feel that way about Jeff. There was a sense of "about damn time" when he finally won it.

He was cool enough to have male adult fans who respected him but at the same time was still adored by females and children, so i definitely think Jeff would have taken over eventually.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Jeff was wildly over, i dont see any reason why that would have changed. He was truly a dude that captures peoples imagination AND he grew up on WWE TV so all audiences even from decade prior would have known him.

I know alot of people who were kinda turned off by the rise of low-level Attitude Era guys like Bradshaw and Edge but didnt feel that way about Jeff. There was a sense of "about damn time" when he finally won it.

He was cool enough to have male adult fans who respected him but at the same time was still adored by females and children, so i definitely think Jeff would have taken over eventually.

only thing he lack was his mic skills but he was still over with the crowd in the WWE
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    A Smaller face than Cena
    Drugs
    no more high spots in this Pg era
    Vince love for Brolic dudes

wouldve held him back from being bigger than Johnny Boy
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An Equal face to Cena
    not bigger, but possibly in the same realm, prolly just above rey mysterio
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Smaller face than Cena
    Couldn't see it happening, being bigger than Cena. I don't even feel Jeff is the face of TNA.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Smaller face than Cena
    Smaller. I think most of the E's pushing of him was pretty much a "thanks for shaving decades off your life for us." He was over, but so was Savage at one point, and where'd that get him in the grand scheme?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Bigger face than Cena
    A bigger face than Cena I remember when he came back after he won the wwe championship in a triple threat match against triple h and edge and he appeared on Smackdown the crowd was loud that is the loudest I have seen a smackdown in years.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-9Ta879VdI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    An Equal face to Cena
    VIBE wrote: »
    Couldn't see it happening, being bigger than Cena. I don't even feel Jeff is the face of TNA.

But Jeff isnt a TNA original so thas sorta unfair to bring up.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Smaller face than Cena
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »

But Jeff isnt a TNA original so thas sorta unfair to bring up.

True, but they praise him like he is, and some actually consider him the face of TNA.

While Hardy is great, he wouldn't be bigger than Cena. Cena is the super hero and Hardy is the sidekick, they'll cheer him on but in the end, everyone loves Cena more.