Worst Events in Comics

Options
MC The Rapper
MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Quite Comical
Post your least favorite crossovers,retconns, story archs, character traumas(ie deaths,serious injury,possessions, cloning , change in sexual orientation etc.) and why

Death in the Family Retconn

Death in the Family was slick. Comic book fans voted to see if robin(Jason Todd ) would live or die and of course they chose death. Fast forward 10 years or so and they Retconned the story pretty by bringing Jason Todd back to life but that happens all the the time the bigger issue I have with it is Okay Jason Todd kills criminals but the dude that beat him to death he never mercs out ever . He'll ? a prison full of criminals but the guy that kills him (Joker) never is murdered it makes absolutely no sense.

Batgirl crippled

How are ? being resurrected left and right and this ? is still in a ? wheelchair. Well not now because they rebooted DC but before the New 52 that ? was still in wheelchair while least 4 or 5 characters were resurrected from the dead .

Alan Scott turned Fairy

self explanatory

Comments

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    House of M

Spiderman Clone Saga SMMFH

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co sign ? alan scott.

• Wonder Girl
    Wonder Girl Members Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batgirl crippled

Taking away Wonder Woman's powers in the 70's wtf.

52(Not the new 52) I hated that . I had just gotten back into the DCU and 52 was funking up for me.

Amazon's Attack( 1-4 are good and I like the ending, but it fell apart.)

The whole time Wonder Woman was on the run after killing Maxwell lord. That ? was pointless and time wasting.

Some of the design changes in the new 52.

I'll come back with more.

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man Marvel been having a streak of wack events lately. What was that one where everyone had Thor's powers?
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Civil War was terrible

also even tho it lead to some dope ?

the Marvel Illuminati ? that sent Hulk to outerspace

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKh4ecB9e0McdmlIrUQiXZrTuOxA06nhslsYYFIaYRShN0tR1VEg

• Amotekun
    Options
    Man Marvel been having a streak of wack events lately. What was that one where everyone had Thor's powers?

Fear...that ? was forgettable.

The last good Marvel event was...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Skrull Invasion was decent

• MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]http://x.annihil.us/u/? /marvel/i/mg/9/00/4bd1c1884b9a0/detail.jpg[/img]
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Marvel runnin out of ideas....

they need a change of setting, change of characters change of writers.
  • zeon8603
    zeon8603 Members Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Options
    Marvel takes the cake for this one.....................

Spider-man Sins Past
    Spider-man One More Day
    Spider-man Brand New Day
    Superior Spiderman
    Fear Itself
    Spider-man Spider Island

as you can see Marvel is ? on it's own flagship character
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly don't even pay attention to marvel anymore after civil war
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love a good event. DC does them better. Any clone event is trash.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Civil War, Fear it Self, and Avengers Vs Xmen
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1) Anything involving ? or ? characters coming out of the closet.

2) Killing off characters knowing damn well your going to resurrect the muthafucka, usually in some hella contrived way.

3) ? with numbering to boost sells. I once read something that holds to be very true. Dude was talking about the The New 52 and starting with a new Action Comics 1. Dude said that a person who isn't going to buy Action 594 isn't all of sudde going to buy Action 1. When Storm, Logan, Kurt, Sean, with Scott as leader, took over from the original team, Marvel didn't start X-Men with a number one issue, they start continue on to issue 95. What sells comics is good artwork and superb storytelling, and DC and Marvel need to realize that. When an anniversary comes up, they'll have that number. DC did that ? with Wonder Woman they start the title over, but somebody figured out that when you added the numbers from the all three [i[Wonder Woman[/i] series it totaled out to 600, so DC moved the numbering up to 600. ? is weak as ? .

4) Not staying with a continuity. The need to find a continuity and stick with it. One of the reasons why X-Men became what it was, is because Chris Claremont wrote the book for sixteen years. Nowadays these muthafuckas are rebooting their universe every five years or so. Find some storylines and stick with them.

5) Letting the movies influence the books. The movies are their own medium and the comics should be treated the same way. Unless it's extraordinarily dope, things that were meant for the movieverse, should stay in the movieverse.
  • Old Scratch
    Old Scratch Members Posts: 3
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »
    Marvel runnin out of ideas....

they need a change of setting, change of characters change of writers.

You ain't ever lied. Secret Wars blew chunks man.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Civil War, giving Spider-Man organic powers and retconning it, this new ? with Doc Ock as Peter Parker, One More Day, etc.

Everything not Ultimate Spider-Man that's Spider-Man has been ass for a minute now. I quite literally quit reading after One More Day's reasoning was given to be, "Dude, Spider-Man should be single" by Quesada.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, Marvel got some good writers, they just got wack upper management pulling ? out they ? cancelling books, and not letting they writers and editorial staff do some good work. X-men needs to stop revolving around Cyclops and Wolverine, they need to let other characters get some shine every once in a while, and tell they damn fan boy writers to stop pulling ? to prop up they faves.
  • zeon8603
    zeon8603 Members Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Civil War, giving Spider-Man organic powers and retconning it, this new ? with Doc Ock as Peter Parker, One More Day, etc.

Everything not Ultimate Spider-Man that's Spider-Man has been ass for a minute now. I quite literally quit reading after One More Day's reasoning was given to be, "Dude, Spider-Man should be single" by Quesada.

I feel you, Spider-man was may favorite comic growing up and the ? Marvel's upper management is doing to the character is down right disgusting. I can ? with Marvel now until the fix the bull-? or reboot the series.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    superman red, superman blue dumb concept ugly character design.
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spider Island was stupid as hell
  • Bong Water
    Bong Water Members Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Marvel New Universe and the 2099 stuff and this.
    1519808-svsmafacsimile_super.jpg
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Post your least favorite crossovers,retconns, story archs, character traumas(ie deaths,serious injury,possessions, cloning , change in sexual orientation etc.) and why

Death in the Family Retconn

Death in the Family was slick. Comic book fans voted to see if robin(Jason Todd ) would live or die and of course they chose death. Fast forward 10 years or so and they Retconned the story pretty by bringing Jason Todd back to life but that happens all the the time the bigger issue I have with it is Okay Jason Todd kills criminals but the dude that beat him to death he never mercs out ever . He'll ? a prison full of criminals but the guy that kills him (Joker) never is murdered it makes absolutely no sense.

Batgirl crippled

How are ? being resurrected left and right and this ? is still in a ? wheelchair. Well not now because they rebooted DC but before the New 52 that ? was still in wheelchair while least 4 or 5 characters were resurrected from the dead .

Alan Scott turned Fairy

self explanatory

you know what I just realized about the the whole red hood Jason todd thing. him being alive lowers the value of all the batman comics I have with Jason todd pre and post crisis. what a bust! I even have the death in the family hardcover.