DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THAT WWE NETWORK?

Options
DR. JEK
DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
Somebody was talking to me at the job about it and I haven't heard anything. what yall know about it?

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WWE has been trying to create its own network for the last 5-6 years, maybe longer. Vince offered to buy the G4 Network from NBC, but they refused to sell. WWE has a great relationship with NBC (who also owns USA Network). The new head over there Bonnie Hammer had been a WWE supporter since the 90s (thats pre- AE 90s).

In any event the creation of their own network has been a headache and thats why it doesnt exist yet. They have come up with original programming like Legend's House and a few other shows but nothing solid enough to build an entire network around.

Alot of their side projects fail miserably the WBF, WWE New York, XFL and currently WWE Films comtinuously loses money so dont expect the network to actually come to fruition.

Speaking of side projects: a physical Hall of Fame may ne in the works, now that is dope.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    So they have to have a certain amount of shows in addition to all the old wrestling footage to get picked up and they just dont have it yet or are there alotta other business complications goin on too?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A little of both. With no material there is nothing to air except wrestling ad unfortunately they can't play wrestling all day on TV. They have WWE 24/7 for that anyway, they also have to find a network to take over which is hard and expensive.

I'm pretty sure that Divas show on E! was meant
    for the WWE network too
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Yeah i heard about the divas show, the legends reality show, some kinda sportscenter type ? just for wresling related news, a sportsnation type interactive show, some jim ross interview show ? and some wresling documentaries. Thats like five or six shows but they probably need more even tho they was suppose to show 3 and 4 hour old pay per views
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need to air NXT on there.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    They should also air tough enuff for all them newbie wrestlers but i wouldnt wanna watch it unless steve austin was the picker again. Hes the guts
  • dubya03
    dubya03 Members Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    WWE needs to go the streaming television route.Air programming on ROKU...with the extensive library they own! Old NWA/UWF TV shows and events,WCW as well as there own WWF/E footage. The old school is where its at and whats missing.Sure you can YouTube some classic matches but i would love to watch the first WARGAMES on my 55'' LED television and put my son's on the authentic good ? of the 80's and 90's .WWE 24 sucks and you don't get the Saturday morning and evening programs when Dusty got jumped in the parking lot by the Horsemen or when Eddie Gilbert and Terry Taylor attacked Sting and Chris Adams in the UWF.....CLASSIC ? .
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    WWE probably figured out that anyone who is willing to watch a wrestling network is probably smart enough to use youtube or find a stream of just download the selected content themselves./ I'm sure he pays people to update him on whats going on with todays society.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    So if the network did come out what happens to the wwe 24/7?
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it does happen expect Vince's cheap ass to make the channel cost an arm and a leg for it to be installed on people's TV!!!
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's what I thought too? If someone wanted to watch some old matches they can go on youtube. They could put all their films on there, instead of going straight to DVD. They could sell airtime like infomercials too at night.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It's been delayed over and over again because they probably realized since pro wrestling's mainstream popularity has monumentally declined in the past decade they likely won't have much of an audience.

They certainly won't have the type of programming relevant to appeal to a non-? WWE audience which is a key factor in maintaining a successful TV network. I know I definitely won't subscribe to a channel just to watch Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, NXT and Main Event and I'm a pro wrestling fan. At this point it would be as successful as the WBF, XFL, WWE Studios and WWF New York and I guess they finally noticed that and came to their senses.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Hi
    Broddie wrote: »
    It's been delayed over and over again because they probably realized since pro wrestling's mainstream popularity has monumentally declined in the past decade they likely won't have much of an audience.

They certainly won't have the type of programming relevant to appeal to a non-? WWE audience which is a key factor in maintaining a successful TV network. I know I definitely won't subscribe to a channel just to watch Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, NXT and Main Event and I'm a pro wrestling fan. At this point it would be as successful as the WBF, XFL, WWE Studios and WWF New York and I guess they finally noticed that and came to their senses.

Then they should tell the public ? it! They not doin it. Why they be having Triple H on twitter sayin dont worry it's coming and then a few months later they dont even answer the questions? Just say yall not doin it then! I think that'll get respected by fans better