• Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typical Response....
  • Gen. Stasia
    Thought yall Stepped yall ? up in here.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your opinion, what makes Born Sinner monotone/boring?..
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liking the album more & more every listen

I can see how someone would say its boring tho.
  • Gen. Stasia
    I dont think its a Wack album tho. Just dont have enough Energy to be a Summer release.... If it wouldve came out Fall/Winter i prolly would feel different.
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    Theres no Levels to that album... Its the same Vibe, feeling etc through the entire thing. Also if u dont pay attention and just have it playing in the background u cant tell when the songs change. Sorta like a run on sentence.

I would have to disagree with your statement. In my opinion, the run on as you say demonstrates a cohesiveness. The songs compliment each other, they are sequenced in a way where I believe he is able to give you a broad outlook on topics that influenced his career. The Gifted is Cool but its a little of everywhere. Just my opinion.

• Gen. Stasia
    Theres no Levels to that album... Its the same Vibe, feeling etc through the entire thing. Also if u dont pay attention and just have it playing in the background u cant tell when the songs change. Sorta like a run on sentence.

I would have to disagree with your statement. In my opinion, the run on as you say demonstrates a cohesiveness. The songs compliment each other, they are sequenced in a way where I believe he is able to give you a broad outlook on topics that influenced his career. The Gifted is Cool but its a little of everywhere. Just my opinion.

GKMC and MBDTF both are Cohesive and capture a mood but when the songs switch up u can tell the difference.. Being Cohesive don't mean u have 2 songs that sound exactly the same back to back.

Also this dropped in the Summer where is the energy?
  • Gen. Stasia
    I like J Cole and I liked his First album also... But it was too much of the same on this album.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can believe this.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't listen.

The album is a classic cuz it inspired Nas The GOAT to black out.

Classic w/o me hearing more than a song and a half of that filth.
  • verbal juke

GKMC and MBDTF both are Cohesive and capture a mood but when the songs switch up u can tell the difference.. Being Cohesive don't mean u have 2 songs that sound exactly the same back to back.

Which songs sound the same? Some of the songs have the same Vibe but simarlities in songs, I don't get that. For example, Trouble, Runaway and She knows are examples of songs that you may say "blen" but in my opinion the vibe is similar because the song shows progression of a story. In the lyrics of "Trouble" he speaks of not dealing with certain females but in Runaway he is dealing with her. Finally in She knows, he is dealing with her but he still ? with other chicks and she knows about it. Once again a clear progression from song to song. I agree, GKMC and MBDTF both are cohesive and capture a mood but even those two records follow different blueprints. As far as energy goes, I was not privyed to the fact that summer records had to have some kind of energy. Cole clearly had set out to tell stories or should I say make statements and I can respect that. Personally I listen to certain music depending on what I'm doing and what mood I'm in and if I want "energy" I'll bump something else.

• Gen. Stasia
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    I still don't get what is in between boring and too loud. Meek is too "loud" yet cole is too "boring". Some cats be on they i want my porridge just right type ? lol. Also who the ? cares when an album comes out either you like it or you don't.

If you say i don't ? with Born Sinner just not my cup of tea that's fine. But to be on some "well if it came out on a full moon during the winter solstice my hormones would have been just right to enjoy it. the ? lol ? outtahere with that ? hahaha.

Huh? In the summer time I listen to more songs that have a Good Feeling and Energy. I won't be bumping no Mobb Deep in the Summer because I feel the need to have on Timbs and a hoodie.
  • Gen. Stasia

Which songs sound the same? Some of the songs have the same Vibe but simarlities in songs, I don't get that. For example, Trouble, Runaway and She knows are examples of songs that you may say "blen" but in my opinion the vibe is similar because the song shows progression of a story. In the lyrics of "Trouble" he speaks of not dealing with certain females but in Runaway he is dealing with her. Finally in She knows, he is dealing with her but he still ? with other chicks and she knows about it. Once again a clear progression from song to song. I agree, GKMC and MBDTF both are cohesive and capture a mood but even those two records follow different blueprints. As far as energy goes, I was not privyed to the fact that summer records had to have some kind of energy. Cole clearly had set out to tell stories or should I say make statements and I can respect that. Personally I listen to certain music depending on what I'm doing and what mood I'm in and if I want "energy" I'll bump something else.

Sound the same interms of Energy and Vibe. In the middle of the album ? just felt like a run on sentence.

• verbal juke

Sound the same interms of Energy and Vibe. In the middle of the album ? just felt like a run on sentence.

Well maybe we disagree because I want to hear what you have to say, You can have all the energy in the world but if you aint' saying ? I can't ? with it... Lyrics>Energy.

• Gen. Stasia

Well maybe we disagree because I want to hear what you have to say, You can have all the energy in the world but if you aint' saying ? I can't ? with it... Lyrics>Energy.

Lyrics and Energy go hand in hand tho....
  • verbal juke

They do but depending on the topic at hand, you bring that ? down. The topics at hand didn't call for this nucca to go into some DMX ? . I'm actually listening to GKMC right now and K. Lamar aint on no hype ? either...

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    completely understand where u coming from T/S

no bigger believer in Cole than me but it was the production

its not bad, just too much of the same
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree..not bad..just sounds too similar to what he's been doing all along
  • Gen. Stasia

They do but depending on the topic at hand, you bring that ? down. The topics at hand didn't call for this nucca to go into some DMX ? . I'm actually listening to GKMC right now and K. Lamar aint on no hype ? either...

He don't have to be DMX either. I like his Energy on She Knows and Ain't That Some ? . And he's FAR from X on those songs.
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That whole album is a breath of fresh air.

T/S on some BS.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭