J Cole Album was Boring.

Comments

• PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a Wack song on there but Monotone like a ? . The Gifted>>>>>
    This sounds so weird and hilarious coming from a new yaawka. Not to bring up the sexes or nothing, but I noticed a lot of females thought this. Most dudes ? with this album. They even said something about this in J cole's interview with the breakfast club. They said something about his first album having tracks for y'all and the energy being higher or something like that. Album is better than his first in my opinion.

Wale is underrated as ? !! He keeps getting better and better. ? drops banger after banger and he be having trill ass messages in his songs too. This one of my favorite songs right about now
    The vibe Kinda reminds me of this classic
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got a lot of nerve calling someone boring when you flow like you're transcribing Arabic.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    You got a lot of nerve calling someone boring when you flow like you're transcribing Arabic.

Well the Arabic language requires singing so that would be more impressive than this......

• usmarin3
    I will say this about J Cole though, he needs to get the ? off this humble ''my momma'' work at the post office bs. ? be cocky for once!

PS he also need to balance the tempo of his album, it's like one type of production throughout the whole thing. His voice tend to blend too much with the beats.

Having another producer produce his next LP will end that boring convo to me.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2013
    I will say this about J Cole though, he needs to get the ? off this humble ''my momma'' work at the post office bs. ? be cocky for once!

PS he also need to balance the tempo of his album, it's like one type of production throughout the whole thing. His voice tend to blend too much with the beats.

How u gonna try to diss me then say the same exact thing?.....

Because i don't consider the album boring, it's a upgrade from Sideline Story imo. I think J Cole's biggest problem is ''he tries to do too much", even Kanye steps back and let other producers step in.

To me when i hear J Cole on other producers beats (ye, just blaze,etc), he sounds like a whole other artist, he sounds energized. When he raps on most of his own beats, it tends to be too laid back and melancholy. I don't think dude has ever produced a banger beat, when he tries it sounds ? wack (Chris Tucker,etc).
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013

How u gonna try to diss me then say the same exact thing?.....

Because i don't consider the album boring, it's a upgrade from Sideline Story imo. I think J Cole's biggest problem is ''he tries to do too much", even Kanye steps back and let other producers step in.

To me when i hear J Cole on other producers beats (ye, just blaze,etc), he sounds like a whole other artist, he sounds energized. When he raps on most of his own beats, it tends to be too laid back and melancholy. I don't think dude has ever produced a banger beat, when he tries it sounds ? wack (Chris Tucker,etc).

Ok with everything u said u can't see how somebody else can say it boring? With having the same type of beats and being laid back and all?
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I hit the feelings button twice on t/s I saw where she was coming from when she explained herself. What she has with this album I had with Nas' Life is good. I have only once listened Born Sinner all the way through so I can't say too much about it. I liked it and I respect the way Cole kept it hip hop and close to himself. He's gonna be here for a long time, I can already tell...
  • jayloveboogie
    jayloveboogie Members Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    better than yeezus
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    I agree. Good album tho but still its just doesn't do it for me.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    still better than yo ?
    thats not really fair, there's nobody in the IC with talent for rap music, ? shenco posts here, just posting here is a career killer, we got posters who think lil wayne is the goat and even a ? who sucks 50 cent's ? while saying that 2pac sucks.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TS is correct.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres no Levels to that album... Its the same Vibe, feeling etc through the entire thing. Also if u dont pay attention and just have it playing in the background u cant tell when the songs change. Sorta like a run on sentence.

I would have to disagree with your statement. In my opinion, the run on as you say demonstrates a cohesiveness. The songs compliment each other, they are sequenced in a way where I believe he is able to give you a broad outlook on topics that influenced his career. The Gifted is Cool but its a little of everywhere. Just my opinion.

GKMC and MBDTF both are Cohesive and capture a mood but when the songs switch up u can tell the difference.. Being Cohesive don't mean u have 2 songs that sound exactly the same back to back.

Also this dropped in the Summer where is the energy?

Which songs sound the same? Some of the songs have the same Vibe but simarlities in songs, I don't get that. For example, Trouble, Runaway and She knows are examples of songs that you may say "blen" but in my opinion the vibe is similar because the song shows progression of a story. In the lyrics of "Trouble" he speaks of not dealing with certain females but in Runaway he is dealing with her. Finally in She knows, he is dealing with her but he still ? with other chicks and she knows about it. Once again a clear progression from song to song. I agree, GKMC and MBDTF both are cohesive and capture a mood but even those two records follow different blueprints. As far as energy goes, I was not privyed to the fact that summer records had to have some kind of energy. Cole clearly had set out to tell stories or should I say make statements and I can respect that. Personally I listen to certain music depending on what I'm doing and what mood I'm in and if I want "energy" I'll bump something else.

Sound the same interms of Energy and Vibe. In the middle of the album ? just felt like a run on sentence.

Well maybe we disagree because I want to hear what you have to say, You can have all the energy in the world but if you aint' saying ? I can't ? with it... Lyrics>Energy.

Lyrics and Energy go hand in hand tho....

They do but depending on the topic at hand, you bring that ? down. The topics at hand didn't call for this nucca to go into some DMX ? . I'm actually listening to GKMC right now and K. Lamar aint on no hype ? either...

MADD City.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    According to some people, Nas is boring
    In that case, Cole can bore me a few years more
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I downloaded that ? ...tryin to give J. Cole a chance...nope. Crossover Alley Ooop right into the recycling bin.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ain't nobody trying to hear that Mr. Nice Watch ?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the album and even bought it online after hearing the leak

but I agree it is boring. I listened to half of it on the way to work, got bored and switched to some other ? cause it was becoming a chore to keep listening.

I found that it was well written, but mad repetitive. A lot of redundancy on it.
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cole on looking for trouble. That's the type of cole I want. Energetic, dominant lyrically. No farting punchlines or songs about college anymore.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like J. Cole...but I like that album
  • usmarin3

Ain't nobody trying to hear that Mr. Nice Watch ?

LOL even on that ? he still had that loser mentality talking "if this money goes, time is all we got". I mean ? damn ? , take some anti-depressant medication and get cocky for once. Even Pac your idol wasn't on that save the world ? all the time.
  • IResearch
    IResearch Members Posts: 287 ✭✭
    Born Sinner was dope
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a Wack song on there but Monotone like a ? . The Gifted>>>>>
    I disagree, all the songs on that album were wack...I'd rather listen to one of your mixtapes and heavy breathing before I listen to "Born Sinner" again
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He never gonna live to y'all ? expections.
  • Sweat jones
    Sweat jones Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Cole can rap but has nothing to say that is the problem
  • usmarin3
    I wouldn't say he has nothing to say, i think he needs to get off the ''? hoes'' and ''college experience'' topics. ? you 28, traveled all over the world and seen ? , i would hope his subject matter has evolved beyond something he is 6 years removed from.