Alec Baldwin Being Compared To Paula Deen SMH

Options
2»

Comments

• idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amen to everybody who said the media need to stop comparin the ? rights movement with the civil rights movement. That ? urks the ? outta me. Im not even homophobic or nothin, it ? me off because ? people didn't have the same hardships as us.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate the comparison between the ? rights movement and the civil rights movement too. For one, the Civil Rights Movement wasn't even just for Black people. Yeah Black people were the front runners and main people fighting that fight, but in the end, the movement helped out all minority groups. The only reason ? can even have a movement like they are now and be taken seriously is because of the foundation that was laid back then.

Second, in most situations they don't have to walk around with their sexual orientation on their sleeve nor is it even appropriate to do so. Blacks don't have that option. A ? person can have an interview and never have their gayness come up and thus never be discriminated against because of that. Blacks never have that option.

Word....these asians,latinos,mid eastern, samoan..any none white person should pay homage because they wouldnt of had the right to do anything had it not been for that civil rights movement.(blk ppl).
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doubletee wrote: »
    I hate the comparison between the ? rights movement and the civil rights movement too. For one, the Civil Rights Movement wasn't even just for Black people. Yeah Black people were the front runners and main people fighting that fight, but in the end, the movement helped out all minority groups. The only reason ? can even have a movement like they are now and be taken seriously is because of the foundation that was laid back then.

Second, in most situations they don't have to walk around with their sexual orientation on their sleeve nor is it even appropriate to do so. Blacks don't have that option. A ? person can have an interview and never have their gayness come up and thus never be discriminated against because of that. Blacks never have that option.

Word....these asians,latinos,mid eastern, samoan..any none white person should pay homage because they wouldnt of had the right to do anything had it not been for that civil rights movement.(blk ppl).

Black people and civil rights movement helped laid the foundation for other minorities around the world to come to these shores to succeed in America because I know plenty of minorities whether they Latinos or middle eastern that would have gotten categorized as "colored" during segregation cause of the color of their skin.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    It's not completely comparable, but there are similarities.

If you can't see them, it's most likely because you want to justify your own discriminatory thoughts.

And if you can't see how different they are, you're probably an idiot.

I can see the differences clearly, but that doesn't mean there arent similarities.

You're being biased.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    SMH at ? rights and oppression, nothing makes you special or a true "minority" just based on sexuality. Stop trying to ride someone else's coattails and come up with a real argument on the subject or just deal with the fact. So if I started ? knot holes on trees does that make me a minority? I was born that way, you got to take that into account...lmao.

Very good reason to be offended.

No hate but you are not minorities just because heterosexuals have beaten your ? over what they considered deviant behavior. Now if you got yo ass beat cause you looked effeminate then sad to hear that as I have some less than manly looking friends who been there.
  • Kat
    Options
    That argument is wack.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    That argument is wack.

Why what about straights that got they ass beat for looking ? ? Aren't they a minority as well, all the stigma associated with being ? but straight, cause we judge with our eyes first.

Yes it was a bit extreme, I just meant to show and ask, where do we draw the line? What makes a minority and what makes one above or below the other?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    It's not completely comparable, but there are similarities.

If you can't see them, it's most likely because you want to justify your own discriminatory thoughts.

And if you can't see how different they are, you're probably an idiot.

I can see the differences clearly, but that doesn't mean there arent similarities.

You're being biased.

What does it have to do with being biased ?

The differences are significant enough to distinguish the two.

I don't think anyone has dismissed the similarities on the surface but sensible people move beyond that.
  • Kat
    Options
    Sensible or non-? ?

Plenty of white people think we need to "move beyond" racial injustices...why? Cause they can't relate personally.

I see no difference between the two in that regard.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? activists are hypocrites and racists. They only target Black celebrities and athletes. So of course they're not going to go after Alec Baldwin.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I agree with Kat, white people are evil
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see straight or ? water fountains until then they need to shut the ? up with these comparisons.

segregation-drinking-fountain-400x300.jpg
    Court1962.jpg
  • bossdon201
    bossdon201 Members Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? burns me inside when pple have the audacity to compare the two. There's nothing comparable to the black plight in America NOTHING. Sick and tired of Jews, ? , Latinos, and anyone else that try to get a quick come up off black struggle yet want nothing to do with us.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »
    People still get beat up, murdered and bullied into suicide for their sexual orientation. It is comparable to 20th century injustice no matter how you slice it.

That's all on them
    Copper wrote: »
    ? people are just going thru hard times as far as laws and being accepted in certain circles in society..

black werent accepted anywhere and not only was laws not in their favor they were geared to hold us in certain positions in society. ? dont wake up in fear of thier lives b/c thier attackers know the law wont even bother to arrest the culprit. they live wherever and go wherever they want. they can turn on the TV and not see a characterture of themselves. they can work and make however much money they can possibly make

But they can't get married tho. Obviously their struggle is on par with Parents & grandparents.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marriage isn't a civil right.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bossdon201 wrote: »
    ? burns me inside when pple have the audacity to compare the two. There's nothing comparable to the black plight in America NOTHING. Sick and tired of Jews, ? , Latinos, and anyone else that try to get a quick come up off black struggle yet want nothing to do with us.

BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE FOREVER!!!!!
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    Marriage isn't a civil right.

Didn't know we were allowed to marry white women in the bible belt in the 1900s.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »
    People still get beat up, murdered and bullied into suicide for their sexual orientation. It is comparable to 20th century injustice no matter how you slice it.
    I agree in part. But people like you must understand that SIMILAR is not synonymous with SAME.

These idiots are arguing its the SAME thing. That lynchings and systematic discrimination at ALL levels of government and the private sector, not to mention slavery, reconstruction, voting rights, and Jim Crow is the SAME struggle as some ? dude getting called a ? .

? a BOEING 747 is SIMILAR to a Space Shuttle in that they both have wings. But one is obviously different than the other.