J Cole Album was Boring.

Comments

• Sweat jones
    Sweat jones Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    He seems like a ? rider the type that said he was gonna become a rapper no matter what kinda like his producing
  • Sweat jones
    Its good but something is missing

Personality
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cole is trash. I honestly don't how y'all grew up listening to legends, but tolerate someone so average and monotone.

Dude shouldn't even have a record deal if you want to keep all the way real.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    I thought the album was dope. Coles style is laid back. Y'all should know that by now. That's like listening to a Meek Mill album then complaining about the yelling. Y'all want him to make music y'all think he should make. Just accept him for what he is or stop listening to his ? .
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Co sign jamaica, you want j cole to make entertaining music buts that's not him.
  • c. skillz
    c. skillz Members Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Music is entertainment. Whether it has you bouncing off walls or laid back in a zone, it should be entertaining. Em & Nas have never made a song that had me bouncing off walls, but the vividness in the stories and portrayals made me feel right there with them.

Regardless of how deep or shallow it is, personality and conviction is what makes the ? pop.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Both of which cole doesn't have.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    LMAO @ you ADHD ass ? .
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the album, but the boring connotation is VERY understandable, its not an album where I can just sit still n listen, cuz I'm likely to nod off, personally I'd love for Cole to hit up krit for some beats
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they always said that about nas ... which is my favorite artist so i prob will like this if thats the case ..... need to go cop it wtf am i waiting for lol ...
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yamoley

Struck a nerve? Good. Take some ADHD medication and calm down.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a proper comparison of how boring J. Cole is compared to Nas, look at what Nas did to the 'Let Nas Down' track. J. Cole is far more Monotone then Nas.
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was a known fact.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cole is trash. I honestly don't how y'all grew up listening to legends, but tolerate someone so average and monotone.

Dude shouldn't even have a record deal if you want to keep all the way real.

Real.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Yes sir you are right, I listened to it off the strength of this thread...

Right now im on #9 Rich ? feelin intimidated by the next 12 songs... not sure I can sit through this whole thing yall

BTW: What the ? was up with that drum pattern on She Knows? Cole a clueless producer yo
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J. Cole isnt gonna change the problem is its too many damn songs FOR HIM. i remember on my first listen thinkin at about track 9 (w/e Rich ? is) wow none of these songs are wack but i have no clue how im gonna get thru 6-7 more tracks of this

He needs 13 max. Villuminati, Trouble & She Knows would sound totally different with only 4 tracks left instead of 9
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J. Cole isnt gonna change the problem is its too many damn songs FOR HIM. i remember on my first listen thinkin at about track 9 (w/e Rich ? is) wow none of these songs are wack but i have no clue how im gonna get thru 6-7 more tracks of this

He needs 13 max. Villuminati, Trouble & She Knows would sound totally different with only 4 tracks left instead of 9

You hit the nail on the head. That's how i feel about his previous work. I looked at the track listen and was like damn, i hope most of that is skits. I gonna try but i just haven't really felt his previous work. it's definitely no Tribes Called Quest. Very lyrical though but after awhile that ? all becomes word salad.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    The Gifted is NOT better than Born Sinner....

Wale is garbage.

Cole's album is ok, the tone is sleepy but it's was decent. It's better than that ? Yeezus album.

What's so "garbage" about him?
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    c. skillz wrote: »
    Music is entertainment. Whether it has you bouncing off walls or laid back in a zone, it should be entertaining. Em & Nas have never made a song that had me bouncing off walls, but the vividness in the stories and portrayals made me feel right there with them.

Regardless of how deep or shallow it is, personality and conviction is what makes the ? pop.

What about Oochie Wally?

hahaha
  • Infamous.H_G_C
    Infamous.H_G_C Members Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Oochie Wally and You Owe Me were dope! ? ? on em cause they came from Nas!
    If Lil Wayne or Drake dropped them records, y'all ? would be beating off in front of ya speaker!
    FOH!!

And how is BORN SINNER boring? An album you can listen all the way through, sequenced almost perfectly! There's one track that doesn't fit in the line up. Only one.

Eh, it's whateva!

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time i heard j cole was on a road trip 2 years ago

Sideline story been lost in the boondocks ever since
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Sion wrote: »
    The Gifted is NOT better than Born Sinner....

Wale is garbage.

Cole's album is ok, the tone is sleepy but it's was decent. It's better than that ? Yeezus album.
    Get the ? out of here. The gifted ? all over that ? ass album. There's zero replay for ? album unless you think hearing about j cole's feeling sad about being deprived of nas' thumbs up.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea this junt on the shelf collecting dust already.....runaway and chaining day are the only junts I really bump.....rest of the album is ok just not hitting on much for real.....the statik and wale been getting more play from me
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beat the ? up thats the hook right thur
  • Sweat jones
    Co sign chaining day was cool and mo money but this the album???

Needs deleting