What recommendations would you give to a young person (20) looking to start putting their money to

Options
LUClEN
LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
good use?

I want to focus on my future right now and I am in a position to save money while living rent free. This is a great opportunity to start building a nest egg and make my money grow. I am currently unsure of how in the hell to do it though. Would savings be the way to go or would it be best to go the investment route?

Anything that will point me in a good direction is appreciated

Comments

• UrbanScribe
    UrbanScribe Members Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    Options
    precious metals....on hand or stocks...
    oil stocks...
    treasury bonds...

if you wanna make money of your money like within a month.. get into party promotions.. iPad iPhone accessories sell like ? ... brazilian hair...its endless
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oil stocks...
    treasury bonds...

if you wanna make money of your money like within a month.. get into party promotions.. iPad iPhone accessories sell like ? ... brazilian hair...its endless

sell that hair like it's exotic weed

"ayo ma! I got that Ecuadorian Lush hair"
    " Fresh off the boat is that Delicious Mauritius Locks"
    "Yo you like blonde? Check out this Solomon Islands Rapunzel Midas Silky Touch!"
    "The latest craze coming to your nearest beauty supply store.... NaijaRuss! It's a hybrid, half Nigerian half Russian!"
  • UrbanScribe
    UrbanScribe Members Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    Options
    oil stocks...
    treasury bonds...

"Yo you like blonde? Check out this Solomon Islands Rapunzel Midas Silky Touch!"
    "The latest craze coming to your nearest beauty supply store.... NaijaRuss! It's a hybrid, half Nigerian half Russian!"

you laughing but i did 10 grand in 5 months off thats ? ..and barely any promotion just networking.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no doubt that's why i said sell that hair like it's exotic weed!
  • LUClEN
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'm not ballin but with the budgeting i've been doing I will be able to max out a TFSA this year. That was initially the route I was going to take, as it seemed to be the best choice - 2% interest + no tax? Looked like a win

You had mentioned something earlier about using the tfsa to house other investments though. Would I be able to use the TFSA to invest in the S&P 500 ? And if done this protects my profit from taxes right?

I had considered mutual funds but my understanding of them is far below average and from what I do know they are pretty risky. The worst thing would be to lose a whole bunch of money.
  • guytoosmooth
    guytoosmooth Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options
    oil stocks...
    treasury bonds...

Can you school me up on selling hair? I already searched some websites to order from, I just need to know how much to sell the hair for and which types of hair to get. I'm seriously about to get on it. A pm would be cool
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Lol @ sellin hair
  • guytoosmooth
    guytoosmooth Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options
    Hell yeah I'm into quuck gains. Stocks bonds mutual funds take too long. I'm trying to double, triple my Lil bit of money that I have NOW and keep it going
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    according to the july issue of Ebony magazine the best places to put money in are Everbank, Oneunited Bank, Carver Federal Savings Bank, Ally Bank, American Express Bank, and Capital One.