Game of Thrones (Season 3) - HBO

Options

Comments

• Sir White
    Sir White Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Sir White wrote: »
    I saw online that season 4 began filming today. Robb Stark wasn't there.

did you miss the season's last two episodes?

No just a friendly reminder. Govern your tongue the next time you speak to me.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    I saw online that season 4 began filming today. Robb Stark wasn't there.

did you miss the season's last two episodes?

No just a friendly reminder. Govern your tongue the next time you speak to me.

Are you Renly's boyfriend.... or nah?
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched the show without reading the books...now Im correcting my folly. There is quite a lot that the show does not show from the books...some of the characterization is different also. Tyrion Lannister for example, is not as relateable, or decent as the show may suggest.
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this show. whats the hype? i dont see it. this ? might as well been a major network cause this ? is straight soap opera.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freudian wrote: »
    I watched the show without reading the books...now Im correcting my folly. There is quite a lot that the show does not show from the books...some of the characterization is different also. Tyrion Lannister for example, is not as relateable, or decent as the show may suggest.

How far have you gotten in the books? Tyrion seems about the same to me. He was always a good character, but he didn't really come into his own until he became the Hand of the King. Have you gotten there in the books yet?
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just tuned in. Watched season three on demand uverse. Went out and bought season 1 and 2. Been in the crib on geeked mode. Wow... I slept.
  • Carthaginian
    Options

How far have you gotten in the books? Tyrion seems about the same to me. He was always a good character, but he didn't really come into his own until he became the Hand of the King. Have you gotten there in the books yet?

Just about. For me, Tyrion in the show sms to have a sense of pity towards the Starks....it appears that he wouldn't really mind if Robb won his northern war. In the books however, he seems more edgy...somehow.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

Just about. For me, Tyrion in the show sms to have a sense of pity towards the Starks....it appears that he wouldn't really mind if Robb won his northern war. In the books however, he seems more edgy...somehow.

I don't really agree with that at all. Tyrion had friendly relations with Jon, helped Brand, showed kindness to Sansa, and expressed distaste towards Ned's death the same in the books as he did in the show. The only people from the Stark family he had any sort of edge towards were Cat and Rob, and that's because both of them treated him like ? . Although, Rob realized that he was wrong about Tyrion and warmed up a little. Cat never did take off her blinders even after strongly considering the fact that she may have been wrong. If anything, you should look at him more sympathetically after reading the book. Because it's driven home far more clearly how much of an outcast he is and how hard a time he's had, yet he still manages to show loyalty to his family while also at least trying to do right by others.
  • Sir White
    Options
    CheifThird wrote: »
    Just tuned in. Watched season three on demand uverse. Went out and bought season 1 and 2. Been in the crib on geeked mode. Wow... I slept.

You were late to the battle but clearly you have assessed the field in a manner one should hold in high regard.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options

You were late to the battle but clearly you have assessed the field in a manner one should hold in high regard.

Thank You.

I need Joffrey and his Mother to be murdered.

• Sir White
    Options

Thank You.

The only reason Joffrey needs to go is because he is the weak link. While Cersei is an upjumped ? , she does have a certain ? attraction to her.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank You.

The only reason Joffrey needs to go is because he is the weak link. While Cersei is an upjumped ? , she does have a certain ? attraction to her.

WAT lmfao
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    So I'm reading through the books and haven't even gotten as far as the Blackwater battle, but damn, as much of a G as Arya is in the show, she's much more in the book. It's crazy. In the show yhou almost get the feeling like her training with Syrio accomplished nothing. In the books, she's probably got a body count that rivals Rob's and he's fighting in an actual war.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options

Thank You.

Nah...cancel that ? or enslave and torture the ? .

Most have gotten what they deserve thus far. When the dragons get big next season.... its a wrap.
  • Sir White
    Options

Thank You.

Most have gotten what they deserve thus far. When the dragons get big next season.... its a wrap.

Any man who doesn't see the milf qualities in Cersei is a prime candidate to join the Unsullied.
  • Sir White
    Options

I ordered the books about half way through the first season. Glad I did. Though I clicked on a user review for Clash of Kings and this scribe wannabe ? writes out something like "After the death of his father, Robb Stark raises an army...." and a friend of mine spoiled Drogo. ? .
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I started to read the first book but stopped after like 2 chapters cause I knew what would happen
  • Carthaginian
    Options
    The book really fleshes out some of the characters. Sansa is even more of an idiot in the books (I've read halfway through the second) if it can be believed. One interesting aspect is the history of the Targaryens is delved into more, which is very interesting.

You get the sense that Rhaegar might have been an O.G. Also, Ned Stark was a beast....dude went up against some of the legends in Westeros and held his own.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options

Thank You.

Any man who doesn't see the milf qualities in Cersei is a prime candidate to join the Unsullied.

Nah... thumbs down to 50 year old old white bishes.... only ? in the show thats bad is the dragon lady. But even if you think she is bad ... she must die for the ? she did.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    game of thrones + boyz 2 men

http://youtu.be/9m4ZPULXJKw

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    You get the sense that Rhaegar might have been an O.G. Also, Ned Stark was a beast....dude went up against some of the legends in Westeros and held his own.

Well, sort of. He did go up against some legends, but he usually had a numbers advantage and his crew still took major losses. Also, the TV show introduced those kids rolling with Bran in a different way than was done in the book. In the book, you learn that their father basically saved Ned's ass when he was fighting one of the best swordsmen in the realm. So, I ain't saying Ned was a ? , but it's pretty clear he wasn't ever in the top tier of warriors. Robert on the other hand was a beast in his prime.
  • Carthaginian
    Options

Well, sort of. He did go up against some legends, but he usually had a numbers advantage and his crew still took major losses. Also, the TV show introduced those kids rolling with Bran in a different way than was done in the book. In the book, you learn that their father basically saved Ned's ass when he was fighting one of the best swordsmen in the realm. So, I ain't saying Ned was a ? , but it's pretty clear he wasn't ever in the top tier of warriors. Robert on the other hand was a beast in his prime.

It was implied that he faced the "Sword of the Morning" one on one though. And Dayne was supposed to be one of the premier fighters of his era.

Remember, Eddard was a Stark. That family is made up of tough stuff (Torrhen Stark notwithstanding)
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just finished watching all 3 seasons of this show. I was happy as ? when the ? them ? after the wedding. Dude lost his way. Why the ? would you behead one one your generals for killing an enemy. And what a terrible mother. The ? went to pass a message to her husband and never returned home to her kids. What kind of mother does that ? . The midget trill as ? tho. And I am hoping the mother of dragons come in and ? ? up next season..
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he isn't tough. I'm just saying he wasn't on the legendary status when it comes to pure combat skills that others were.