Who would of had the bigger career: Jay-Z or Biggie?

Options
2»

Comments

• bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You mean who HAS had the bigger career? Jay
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    mrclassick wrote: »
    You made A compelling argument, But here is A flip side, What if Jay died, And Big was alive, Would he still be doing his thing 10-15 years later ?

Look at it like this. Jay was fighting a battle as far as tryna get people to even feel his ? (remember, this man was on the grind cuz other labels didn't even wanna sign him when Big was on Bad Boy and I think Nas was on Columbia) so he was fighting to just get on and get his ? poppin AND fighting against Big and his Eastcoast popularity. I don't think Jay woulda been as revered and loved if he died first. I don't mean this to be ? up but I think if Jay woulda died in 96 or even in 97 before his second album dropped he woulda been more of a relic with the mainstream more so than a Pac or Biggie could be you know why? Because he wasn't as popular as those guys was from the jump. It would be like how when ODB died. If Method Man the more popular Wu member dies before Ol ? its completely different. The more popular you are before you dead the more your music is a factor after death.
  • ...MVP...
    ...MVP... Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    gman82 wrote: »
    Nas experienced his most success while Big was alive. Nas was a multi platnuim artist just like Big was

...........What?
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Biggie dying was the best thing (in context of this discussion not overall) that happened for Jay's career.
  • ...MVP...
    ...MVP... Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    A thread full of fortune-tellers....
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This right here. Jay wasnt even seen as his lil homie at the time though, just a dude who was eating off BIG's blueprint. BIG dying was the best thing to happen to Jay's career for real

Couldnt hav said it any better. I dont ? wit neither rappers but Notorious Thugs >>>>> Jay
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    the world may never know
  • dabullsss
    dabullsss Banned Users Posts: 853
    edited December 2011
    Options
    man, BIG is da GOAT.....jay is a nurse, a RN, = regular ?

close thread
  • coolc31
    coolc31 Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I can't tell you how things would have been. I do know Hov has been that dude for a minute even with cats critiquing his every move.
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay- Z isn't the best rapper of All Time but he's the most successful rapper of all time. Particularly career wise other rappers like LL have long jevity also but Jay has been able to effectively maintain his popularity the longest and stay relevent. And this is coming from a Nas fan.
  • c.g. productionz
    c.g. productionz Members Posts: 22
    Options
    Tough question, cant say because BIG would have gone alot further than most hip-hop artists, thats for sure
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Easily Jay Z. Biggy made 2 classics and died. I'm not putting dead rappers on a pedestal and I'm not speculating on what might have happened.
  • Nascobar
    Nascobar Members Posts: 7
    Options
    I still think Jay would be popular and relevant but all evidence points to Big being way bigger at the time and throughout his career
  • Sweat jones
    Sweat jones Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Stupid question