How Old Were You The First Time You Experienced Actual Racism?

Busta Carmichael
Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
i was about 3-4 years old.

kindergarten smh.

needless to say my soul was burning slow

Comments

• Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    8 that I can remember. I got in a fight with 2 little white boys who called me a ? .
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 years old. I had a fro and white people would clutch their purses and cross the streets when my big wheel came up the block.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    A girl in kindergarden said I was a monkey once I said I was part black after some stupid culture project. My mom was there who actually had to deal with the ? more than I, needless to say that girls mom got an ear full.

Another time was when my homie came over when it was my dads birthday, and he called him a ? and called me and my mom ? lovers. My dad was mexican/hispanic but he didn't even admit that he was married to a woman that had black in her(my mom was hi yella). We were baking the bastard a cake and fixing a big ol supper too
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know, cause white people do subtle things around me, not overt, cause I'm a ? and they know it.
  • King_sorrow
    King_sorrow Members Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    never experienced racism in my 21 years of life
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9th grade, darkskin african ? sucked off 2 of my white classmates but aint wanna do me cuz I was black...sad.

You won
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't kno what age prolly 14 actual racism ( im from a 98% black neighborhood)... prejudice way younger...
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    14 was called a ? by white boy and whooped his ass.

I regret it because I got suspended for 2 weeks

I was so worried about what my black friends thought

you being called a ? or soft
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 or 4

lil cracka boy called me and my cousins ? at the beach

sowe started throwin sand on em, caused a big scene cause he was prolly only bout a year old

the adults got involved, minor fight broke out

my uncle went to jail

? was hilarious
  • King Ghidorah
    King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon as I came out the ? , doctor was like "This ? " smh
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Came out the ? ...

...accepted my slave name

• NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just the standard prejudiced behavior, first experienced during my mid-teens:

Followed in stores, cops called when going for a jog, doors locked in parking lots, gun drawn when selling raffle tickets for grade school football team, told "can't get something for nothing" upon entering a store...upon entering, yeah.

"These scumbags view me like arachnophobes view spiders" came to mind, then.

• goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im from the south that ? been around since i popped out the ?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prolly when I move to a white town so 5 or 6
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    never lived among whites all my life but the first time was on the job back in 1993
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so cc poncho

i really get a "feelings" for not lettin somebody talk ? about me to my face?
  • MazterChef
    MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when I was in kindergarten I had a jheri curl. this little girl asked me how my hair got so juicy, and my teacher told the entire class it was probably fried chicken grease. Needless to say she was fired.

are you trolling bro? lol whos idea was it to put you in a jherri curl so young?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riding around in the van with some friends. Seen some lil kids walking back from playing basketball. Yelled out for them to go back to Africa. Then started shooting guns in the air drinking bud light 24oz cans. They didn't do ? , cops never cared. Those were the good ol days.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    when I was in kindergarten I had a jheri curl. this little girl asked me how my hair got so juicy, and my teacher told the entire class it was probably fried chicken grease. Needless to say she was fired.

im sorry but thats hilarious

she did that ?

and wtf you was doin wit a jerri curl in kindergarten anyway
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

9th grade, darkskin african ? sucked off 2 of my white classmates but aint wanna do me cuz I was black...sad.

Damn forreal??? thats ? up