Imagine if Martin Luther King Jr. was still here?

Options

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BossBoo wrote: »
    Malcolm >>> King
    Are u serious? Malcolm was good but MLK was great.

dead serious ? ..
    dont get me started on Michael..
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pointless thread
  • spiritgod87
    spiritgod87 Members Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U see,MLK was by the book. Went to school, was a pastor, very intelligent, two parent household etc, u cant ? with his resume. I read malcolm x's autobiography several times, its too much for those crakkkas to attack. Both of em workin together woulda been a sight tho
  • spiritgod87
    Options
    Allergens wrote: »
    Dont got to imagine

Yeau do gotta imagine, that isnt the real mlk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy_1XTRmUr0

• CapitalB
    Options
    U see,MLK was by the book. Went to school, was a pastor, very intelligent, two parent household etc, u cant ? with his resume. I read malcolm x's autobiography several times, its too much for those crakkkas to attack. Both of em workin together woulda been a sight tho

? SAID his name was Martin Luther cause it sounded good..

? cheated in college to pass..

paid for prostitutes wit the churches money..

i think that ? 's father went by "Big Daddy" in the streets or somethin..

jus the simple fact he paid for ? (white ? at that) and Malcolm use to put prices on ? shows how Malcolm was a realer ? then Michael.. get out of here kid..

and i can argue King got killed for him communist ties moreso then his "uplifting" of black people..
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Malcolm n martin were equally great for different reasons

If 2/3 of black men had Malcolm's mentality of organized "do for self/community" this trayvon ? would be off our radar

i blame alot of today's problems on MLK..
    ? stay tryin to assimilate and be accepted by these crackas.. its sad..
  • spiritgod87
    Options

jus the simple fact he paid for ? (white ? at that) and Malcolm use to put prices on ? shows how Malcolm was a realer ? then Michael.. get out of here kid..

and i can argue King got killed for him communist ties moreso then his "uplifting" of black people..

U cant jus go around sayin stuff about MLK with no proof.
  • CapitalB
    Options

U cant jus go around sayin stuff about MLK with no proof.

u cant jus goin around sayin stuff about MLK witout first doin ur research..
    now beat it kid..
  • spiritgod87
    Options
    Bossboo jus trollin to get reactions from folks
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Bossboo jus trollin to get reactions from folks

nah.. i dont troll..
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    King's time was significantly different than the one we live in now. There was still a good deal of fight left in the spirit of the community. It hadn't been sold, broken, or molded as most of us are today. People back then experienced far greater racism and had the anger still inside them.

Lead by men like King, and X, the will of those people could have accomplished much more for our community. A completely different mind set could of been engineered as a result by now. Had king, or X, lived to finish their work I seriously doubt black society would be as weak as it is today.
  • spiritgod87
    Options
    It wouldnt be weak like it is today
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    He would have died of old age by now
  • spiritgod87
    Options
    He would have died of old age by now
    You dont know how many years ? put on someones life

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    the black community is in the state it is in now because the ? era not cuz mlk not here.
  • spiritgod87
    Options
    the black community is in the state it is in now because the ? era not cuz mlk not here.

? has alot to do with it but there is more to it.

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    y'all under estimate leadership... if it wasnt important they wouldn't keep killing the good ones...
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MLK WOULD BE LIKE 80 OR SOMETHING.. ? AINT GOT TIME FOR YALL FOOLISHNESS!
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and how old is al sharpton and jesse jackson..
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and how old is al sharpton and jesse jackson..

SHARP IS 58
    JJ IS 71
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of the riots that had taken place in the 60s wouldnt have. You pretty much have to go from there... obviously ? woukd be way different.
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    Options
    if he were around today with this media all the extramarital affairs he had would be brought up. hed be worse off than what tiger woods had to go thru. you people dont want that
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand why alot of black folks think we need some type of savior or leader...

Maybe thats the problem with our community...too many ppl are willing to be followers, feeling as if they need to be led somewhere..last time a large group of blacks followed somebody, they ended up lost in the desert for 40 years..

I appreciate the fight that was had before i was born for civil rights but I don't look at no man to do some ? I can do for myself..
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The time for leaders is over we need ideals ideas and common principles that we can all live by. You can easily ? or discredit a leader or their organization but you cannot easily ? an idea.

If mlk were around to day he would have been a mix of al sharpton and t.d jakes.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Osborne is interviewed in Michael C. Ruppert's book Crossing the Rubicon, calling Ruppert's source Mike Vreeland a "dangle" or piece of intelligence bait.

“I believe that, from the information I have seen, “Mike” Vreeland tried to pass information to the Canadian government that should have been passed to the US government. This information had to do with the attacks of September 11. Whatever other attempts were made by Vreeland and his attorneys to alert US and Canadian officials of the attacks, it is clear he did pass information about the pending attacks to his guards in August. I am willing to go to the Secretary of the Navy to determine whether or not he was actually a Navy officer.

“I know that there have been other US citizens with a similar background used on missions similar to what is alleged by Vreeland. This man fits a pattern. I would like for the Secret Sevice to put him on a polygraph.” --LMO

Leutrell "Mike" Osborne, 26 year veteran CIA Case Officer and Counter Intelligence expert like many African-Americans are somewhat familiar with the now deceased Director of Domestic Intelligence for the FBI, William Sullivan. Most of those who know of him also know that he was killed a week before he was to testify before the House Select Committee on Assassinations in 1977. What can be learned of his career comes from his autobiography (that was completed and published after his untimely death), FBI files, news articles, and press accounts. One thing that rises out of the fog is that Mr. Sullivan directed the 'Destroy King Squad' This was a Covert Action Intelligence Operation whose mission was to destroy the effectiveness of Martin Luther King Jr. If assassination was an authorized tool in their tool-belt then they surely completed their assignment. This squad was part of a larger operation acronymed COINTEL PRO for Counter Intelligence Program.

Mr. Osborne's knowledge of Bill Sullivan's operations goes far beyond what most know because of his special opportunities to learn of such things as a CIA Case Officer. Even with this special insight still Leutrell has been asking others for more information. One of those he asked was Gary Revel, a special investigator on the King case. Gary had met William Sullivan in 1977 during his investigation of MLK's murder and saw a different side of the man than most. Like the little known fact that William Sullivan became sickened with the FBI's abuse of the basic human rights of others and challenged J. Edgar Hoover the day before he was locked out of his office in 1972. Shortly after that he resigned. Gary remembers that Sullivan had challenged J. Edgar and said 'either you go or I go' and subsequently Sullivan left.

Another important detail of William Sullivan's life is that a few months before he was to testify before the HSCA he met at least one person, and most likely others, providing information and files that would be the basis of a real investigation designed to find the real killers of King. This also happened in 1977 and because of the government's tampering and interfering with the evidence in the case it is likely that the evidence is lost and will never surface again. Special Investigator Gary Revel's home was ransacked once and then during an eviction all his files on the King case disappeared. William Sullivan's goal was to testify before the public HSCA hearings and lay his cards on the table so to speak. He was going to give the committee and the American people the truth about J. Edgar Hoover's hatred of Martin Luther King Jr. as well as his hatred for President John Kennedy and Presidential Candidate Robert Kennedy. Sullivan's knowledge of how the FBI worked with the CIA when it came to J. Edgar driven plans to neutralize the human rights activities of African-American leaders and their supporters was unique. This knowledge and the evidence he was prepared to present would have given the HSCA the direction it needed to truly uncover and prosecute the perpetrators of the JFK and MLK assassinations. It is no wonder that those who had the most to lose if the truth came out were not unhappy to hear of his 'accidental murder' The official record says that Robert Daniels mistook William Sullivan for a deer while deer hunting and shot and killed him before Bill could make his revelations public.

Mr. Revel says he is still trying to unravel the bizarre happenings of that year. His brother, his cousin's husband, William Sullivan and 5 other FBI or former FBI officials who could have been valuable to his investigation died mysteriously or were simply killed during that year. Sullivan and the other 5 were scheduled to testify before the committee. Donald Kaylor was a fingerprint expert who had worked on the JFK assassintion evidence. Alan Belmont and Louis Nicholas were both special assistants to J. Edgar Hoover. JFK assassination document examiner and expert James Cadigan was another. J.M. English, an expert on the rifle that supposedly killed President John F. Kennedy and was head of the FBI Forensic Sciences Laboratory was also dispatched. Those who travel to a place beyond reason and continue to try to defend the official stories of lone assassins and thorough investigations simply haven't gotten it yet. When there are so many coincidences any reasonable personwill just know that something is amiss.