Why is every black person suddenly getting their militant cape on?

Options
Star Nine
Star Nine Members Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
smfh this treyvon martin trial has got all black people getting their black militant cape on. ? ? you do nothing for the black community and do not care about it

Comments

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    I think it's good to see the new generation of black people standing up for something.

New generation been ? sambos.

If it took the death of a black teen to realize that the white man don't care about them, then so be it
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I appreciate the amount of feelings that have come out as a result of this.

? 's hilarious.

More feelings are needed though.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

an unarmed kid, walking from the store, minding his own business

gets approached by a man he doesn't know and is subsequently killed by this man

the man goes to court and is acquitted of any charges or accountability

you do not see the injustice
    and why some would be outraged by this?
  • a.mann
    Options
    I intentionally left out the racial profiling

but that is the "meat & potatoes " of what happened
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if any of you want to honor Trayvon's life. Help out the community. Prevent the next black on black murder.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why ya'll taking @HalfaDick seriously?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Halfabrick wrote: »
    smfh this treyvon martin trial has got all black people getting their black militant cape on. ? ? you do nothing for the black community and do not care about it

Says we do nothing for black community, but complains when blacks start to get "militant"?

The only thing this trial has done is wake more of the community up in some way. It's progress.
  • Star Nine
    Options
    Why ya'll taking @HalfaDick seriously?

You still salty?

• a.mann
    Options
    if any of you want to honor Trayvon's life. Help out the community. Prevent the next black on black murder.

I'll address that

once you answer one question:

What was Trayvon Martin's crime?
  • Star Nine
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

Says we do nothing for black community, but complains when blacks start to get "militant"?

The only thing this trial has done is wake more of the community up in some way. It's progress.

No one is going to "wake" up. This will be all forgotten by next week and ? will continue cooning and supporting things that are holding the black community back
  • DOC H0LL!DAY
    DOC H0LL!DAY Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I think it's great what the black communities across the country are doing but I am appalled at the fact that although we stand united for this incident we still continue to murder each other at a alarming rate. We still continue to disrespect our woman. We still continue to live above our means but below the poverty line. We still continue to be the majority when it comes to the welfare system. Homes continue to bee unstable because of absent fathers or mothers who lack parental knowledge. If you can stand up for this then you can put a cape on and stand up for the school system's in the urban area's which are being forced to close because of budget cuts. Stand up for programs that give ex-felons a better chance at life by allowing them to submit applications without having to answer the criminal background questions. Give company's who hire ex-felons a tax credit. Stand up for job training that will allow a mother to learn and develop the skill set required to work in today's work force this way they see light at the end of the welfare tunnel. All of these issues are social issues within our community that create a bunch Travon's each day. We need to stand up for justice as well as our own equality to elevate and perpetuate our way of life.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

No one is going to "wake" up. This will be all forgotten by next week and ? will continue cooning and supporting things that are holding the black community back

Your lack of confidence in your own is in itself holding the community back.

I perfectly understand you're reasoning. I've felt that way myself many times. This time, I'm letting us decide that. If I'm wrong, it's same ? different day. If I'm right, we'll both be impressed.
  • DOC H0LL!DAY
    DOC H0LL!DAY Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    I think it's great what the black communities across the country are doing but I am appalled at the fact that although we stand united for this incident we still continue to murder each other at a alarming rate. We still continue to disrespect our woman. We still continue to live above our means but below the poverty line. We still continue to be the majority when it comes to the welfare system. Homes continue to bee unstable because of absent fathers or mothers who lack parental knowledge. If you can stand up for this then you can put a cape on and stand up for the school system's in the urban area's which are being forced to close because of budget cuts. Stand up for programs that give ex-felons a better chance at life by allowing them to submit applications without having to answer the criminal background questions. Give company's who hire ex-felons a tax credit. Stand up for job training that will allow a mother to learn and develop the skill set required to work in today's work force this way they see light at the end of the welfare tunnel. All of these issues are social issues within our community that create a bunch Travon's each day. We need to stand up for justice as well as our own equality to elevate and perpetuate our way of life.

There are always Black people who are working on inner community issues.

There are organizations in Chicago who continue to work on gang violence, housing discrimination, and holding their local alderman responsible for their neighborhood.

There have been massive protests by Black teenagers and families against school closings here since the winter and into the late spring.

I don't understand how people act like Black people don't do ANY type of social activism outside of Trayvon Martin.

(Also, I don't understand why you bring up welfare when it is almost non-existent and a disappearing part of the social safety net for everyone. Most people on welfare are white, anyway.)

What I was pointing out was the social issues in the BLACK community! I'm not talking about white people and their social issues. I'm talking about things that permeate our lives and welfare, schools and broke homes are a few. Secondly I know there are people who stand up for the cause in every neighborhood but if as many people who are protesting for Travon protested other social issues within the communities the voices of those who are already in place would be amplified. Take the blinders off.
  • a.mann
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

I'll address that

:-\"
  • Star Nine
    Options
    ? only want to get their cape on when it suits them
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll address that

It's obvious that he committed no crime. He was racially profiled. The events that took place in between the time he was followed by GZ and then murdered will ALWAYS be up for question.

• a.mann
    Options

I'll address that

It's obvious that he committed no crime. He was racially profiled. The events that took place in between the time he was followed by GZ and then murdered will ALWAYS be up for question.

and yet he is dead.

killed by a man who was told explicitly NOT to follow or engage him by law authority

but armed with a deadly weapon, the man (admittedly) disobeyed the law authority to follow and engage the kid

the kid is subsequently killed by this man

(that was told by law authority not to follow or engage him)

the man who killed the kid goes to court and is acquitted of all charges and accountability for killing the kid, and he is free to live his life as he pleases.

As a mother & father continues to mourn the killing of their kid , who was not a criminal or had a record of committing any crime .

Some people are actually cerebrating the freedom of his killer.

lets forget the race thing for a second, just let that sent in.....marinate on the jest of that for a minute

Do you not see the tragic in this?

• a.mann
    Options
    Yes or No question:

Do you think Trayvon feared for his life, being followed by a man he did not know on a dark & rainy night ?

• a.mann
    Options
    He wasn't a criminal, he did nothing wrong.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is what I'm talking about. I was walking to the train yesterday and there were a gang of cops all around Union Square, (I guess to quell trouble should it arise.) To all of these protests, rallies, and marches, Rex is like, "? , REALLY! Another ? march, REALLY? It seems all muthafuckas know how to so is march. I guess because it's easy as ? and it only takes about an hour out of your time. Meet at "x" location, walk about ten or twenty blocks, chant, "No Justice, No Peace," or in the in case, "Justice for Trayvon." ? don't seem to realize that marching during the Civil Rights Movement was part of a three pronged approach that was with political activism and boycotts; and that's what ? aren't willing to do, the political activism and boycott part.

What ? need to do is boycott the state of Florida. No Disneyworld or maybe even Disney products. That would personally effect me because everybody here knows that I'm a fanboy, but I would willing not to see The Wolverine or Thor and give up Marvel titles and merchandise for a year or a year and half to voice my pleasure at this decision. ? aren't willing to stop ? with Florida sports teams for a year, especially the Heat and most of all ? aren't willing support a challenger to the current Seminole District Attorney. What ? need to do is finally get serious and work towards challenging things for the betterment of ourselves and the community as a whole.

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is what I'm talking about. I was walking to the train yesterday and there were a gang of cops all around Union Square, (I guess to quell trouble should it arise.) To all of these protests, rallies, and marches, Rex is like, "? , REALLY! Another ? march, REALLY? It seems all muthafuckas know how to so is march. I guess because it's easy as ? and it only takes about an hour out of your time. Meet at "x" location, walk about ten or twenty blocks, chant, "No Justice, No Peace," or in the in case, "Justice for Trayvon." ? don't seem to realize that marching during the Civil Rights Movement was part of a three pronged approach that was with political activism and boycotts; and that's what ? aren't willing to do, the political activism and boycott part.

What ? need to do is boycott the state of Florida. No Disneyworld or maybe even Disney products. That would personally effect me because everybody here knows that I'm a fanboy, but I would willing not to see The Wolverine or Thor and give up Marvel titles and merchandise for a year or a year and half to voice my pleasure at this decision. ? aren't willing to stop ? with Florida sports teams for a year, especially the Heat and most of all ? aren't willing support a challenger to the current Seminole District Attorney. What ? need to do is finally get serious and work towards challenging things for the betterment of ourselves and the community as a whole.

Very powerful post, if we were really serious about this, we would do it. But too many of us have ties to Florida sadly, including myself. It doesn't help I'm a big Lebron fan but deep down I know you're right.....
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll address that

Allegedly assaulting Zimmerman was his crime.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    killed by a man who was told explicitly NOT to follow or engage him by law authority
    actually, this statement as written is false. a 911 operator (not a police officer) told him they didn't need him to follow whoever he saw

still not the best decision in the world, but let's be honest about what happened