Black girl says it's not a race issue

Aljazz
Aljazz Members Posts: 5
edited August 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
But there are still so many people who want to make this case about skin color. That is truly sad because it shows how some people, regardless of their own race or ethnicity, cannot see past skin color. What good does it do anyone to carry around a chip on your shoulder and believe the world is out to get you because you look a certain way?

See more at: http://www.catholicreview.org/blogs/the-healthy-spirit#sthash.ho50VFCD.dpuf

Comments

• cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She has a lot to learn.

Being colour-blind will not end racism

Tue 20 Dec 2011 by abagond

Being colour-blind will not end racism. It sounds like a good idea but in practice it does not work out that way.

We know that because most White Americans who are now alive were brought up in a colour-blind way and yet studies show that most of them are still racist – even if their racism is no longer the cross-burning, n-word-using sort of Jim Crow days, but a less open, more subtle kind.

Martin Luther King, Jr said:

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

But he also said:

When we view the negative experiences of life, the ? has a double share. There are twice as many unemployed. The rate of infant mortality among Negroes is double that of whites…

Fortysomething years later little has changed: the black unemployment rate is 1.96 times the white one (2011) while black babies die at 2.36 times the rate of white babies (2005).

So what went wrong?

The trouble with being colour-blind is that it blinds you. Most white people are so blind to racism that they think it is dead or no longer a big deal. Which leaves racism unexamined, unfought and unopposed. And stuck somewhere in the forever of 1974.

American society was built in a racist way. Being colour-blind does little to change that. It does not, for example, help poor, black children get a better education. Or help more black babies to live. Or keep most Lakota Indians from dying before age 60.

If you are colour-blind you have no way to see and fight the racist lies that America is built on. It is like having a broken radar.

Noticing race is not the same thing as being racist. Dr King is a good example of that. Racism is the belief that one race is naturally better than another. Seeing people’s race does not by itself lead to that conclusion. What does is the idea that being different is somehow bad, that there is something wrong with it. Dr King did not talk about “seeing” colour but rather judging people by it instead of their character.

Not noticing race, on the other hand, means not seeing racism. Because you do not see all the ways race plays out in American society.

If you are a person of colour that means you do not understand how racism affects you, it means you see the racist lies of white people as the truth. And that can lead to doubt, confusion, wasted years, bad marriages, drink, drugs, even self-destruction. It is called internalized racism.

Racism is a disease. Shutting your eyes to it, not noticing its operation, will not make it go away or lessen its effects.

Yes, if in a hundred years racism truly does die then people will be colour-blind because colour will no longer matter. But to be colour-blind now means colour will continue to matter.

http://abagond.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/being-colour-blind-will-not-end-racism/
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOOGIE BOOGIE ? !
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope she gets ? by a White man.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what i ve learned from my psychanalysis memos is that :

- we are product of our environement. Matter of fact 9 times ou of 10 we will repeat the same mistakes and behavior. This goes out to liquor drugs violence and interactions with women.

- All around the world you will find the same model of ghettos.
    Single parenthood, drugs liquor and gang life. That leads to this point: money will certainly not erase the ghetto system because it more a mindset.

Thus we must reconnect the broken links :
    - ending single parenthood because the psychological effects it has to the children are unfixable (example all women are ? , ? aint ? )

- ending gang culture , pimping system by taking guns away from tje ghettos.

- promoting education and respect. Education is the key for long term effects. Ghettos are plagued by the fast money ideal.

- destroy the idea of race. Race notion has been created towards bad goals that you know. Look at the light skin dark skin idiocy.

- promote the individuation. We must look inside us and find our true selves through education travel and hard work. If Trayvon was at home reading a book he would be still among us.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    on another note i want some to slap conservative black girl wth a mayonnaise pie

stockholm syndrome ....
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black girls are Satan.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aljazz wrote: »
    But there are still so many people who want to make this case about skin color. That is truly sad because it shows how some people, regardless of their own race or ethnicity, cannot see past skin color. What good does it do anyone to carry around a chip on your shoulder and believe the world is out to get you because you look a certain way?

See more at: http://www.catholicreview.org/blogs/the-healthy-spirit#sthash.ho50VFCD.dpuf

ayo who is this ?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lemzola wrote: »

- we are product of our environement. Matter of fact 9 times ou of 10 we will repeat the same mistakes and behavior. This goes out to liquor drugs violence and interactions with women.

Single parenthood, drugs liquor and gang life. That leads to this point: money will certainly not erase the ghetto system because it more a mindset.

- ending single parenthood because the psychological effects it has to the children are unfixable (example all women are ? , ? aint ? )

- promoting education and respect. Education is the key for long term effects. Ghettos are plagued by the fast money ideal.

- destroy the idea of race. Race notion has been created towards bad goals that you know. Look at the light skin dark skin idiocy.

- promote the individuation. We must look inside us and find our true selves through education travel and hard work. If Trayvon was at home reading a book he would be still among us.

? off with the bolded because if we get rid of the concept of race but our competition does not then all that is going to do is disunify us and unify them. The rest i agree with you
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope she gets ? by a White man.

A ? like that would like that ? most likely keep the baby and raise it into a proper ? like herself.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here we go.
  • chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    Ending this now. Yhwh in flesh. Gave 2 simple commandments: love him and love others AS YOURSELF. Thats why there is racism, witxhcraft and so on and so on. So freaking simple. But we still wonder why.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    lemzola wrote: »

? off with the bolded because if we get rid of the concept of race but our competition does not then all that is going to do is disunify us and unify them. The rest i agree with you

Bruh there will still be black and whote people.
    I wanted to stress that focusing too much on race leads us to nowhere good. Look closely at the dark skin /light skin psychosis : who since slavery has taken profit from that?
    White conservatives.
    The new gang culture? White conservative prison system
    Liquor stores ? White consevatives.
    Drugs? White conservatives.
    Guns? White conservatives.
    Junk food? White conservatives

We have to reinvent a new way to be ' black'. It has to be by not focusing on our looks but on how we react in our neighbourhood, beds schools walmart streets.

The first pillar that must be gang banged is the liquor store imo