Geraldo Rivera: 'You Dress Like A Thug, People Are Going To Treat You Like A Thug"

Options
124»

Comments

• south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That concept is wrong, look at how the Mob or Mafia dressed, they were thugs I don't see them saying anything about that, they dressed like they were lawyers or preachers and were cold bloodied killers and thieves
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If there is a silver lining in this young man's murder: people are leaping out of the closet and showing their true colors nationwide (in all walks of life).

Many I've already suspected, but their reactions to this case (before and after the verdict) offered confirmation.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    sully wrote: »
    Just look at France right now, they enacted laws specifically at Muslim women so they can't dress in Burqas anywhere, effectively trying to strip them of their religion and cultural identities.

Whites that invaded India tried enforcing their own dress codes and inferior garments on the local populations. In British India, and other colonial holdings, the people who tried to dress and speak like the colonialists were acceptable for minimal conversation, meanwhile, everyone else who adhered to their own cultural practices and languages in their own lands were considered savages.
    although going from talking about France to talking about white guys enforcing their cultures on other countries could lead to asking what the native practices in France are

• GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad. He rips a 17 year old for his choice to wear a hoody and basically puts more blame on the hoody than Zimmerman for the young mans death. He then comes out and posts a picture on twitter that he has to try and take back because it was a bad decision. Honestly I dont respect someone just because they are 60 or 70 years old anymore because it is not about what or how much you have seen but what you learned from it.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So based off of his logic, I should be shooting at every Caucasian I see??
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What i don't get about his statement is that it was proper gear for the weather. It was raining so he wore a hood. Sure it wasn't the most waterproof, but it's better then nothing. Still he should be a target no matter the weather, but it makes his statement that much more ? and biased. Being that it's Florida and it rains often and you dry off quick, it's still proper gear even more so then not.