Kinect Sports Rivals Delayed to 2014

joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Delay "will allow the team extra time to add polish and ship the game as originally envisioned.”

Microsoft has confirmed that Kinect Sports Rivals will no longer be an Xbox One launch title, instead aiming for Spring 2014.

A Microsoft spokesperson provided the following statement to IGN:

“Kinect Sports Rivals is an ambitious project and a technological forward leap in Kinect-based gaming. Launching in the spring will allow the team extra time to add polish and ship the game as originally envisioned without compromising any features.

We will debut our first playable demos at Gamescom and PAX Prime next month so media and consumers can experience Kinect Sports Rivals first hand.”

Rivals was announced at E3 and was originally aiming to debut alongside Microsoft’s new console in November.

Earlier this week, Microsoft discussed the game’s new features, noting that instead of avatars, Rivals will "capture your ? structure, hair, skin color, body composition and even expression, and build a remarkably accurate virtual athlete - your Champion - in seconds" via Kinect.

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Do people honestly want realistic versions of themselves ported into games though? Whenever given the chance to create characters, people usually don't make anything like what they are.

A real good Create-a-Character >> putting yourself in a game. That said a game having both options is pretty tight.
  • joshuaboy
    Do people honestly want realistic versions of themselves ported into games though? Whenever given the chance to create characters, people usually don't make anything like what they are.

A real good Create-a-Character >> putting yourself in a game. That said a game having both options is pretty tight.

I do ............. albeit a slightly slimmer version
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    joshuaboy wrote: »

You fat?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh.. The old add polish story.
  • Karl.

Where do you get this information? You have a tendency to make up stats and facts.

• The Lonious Monk
    Karl. wrote: »

Where do you get this information? You have a tendency to make up stats and facts.

Yeah because that was clearly meant to be taken as a scientifically proven fact... FOH It was a tounge in cheek statement and only an idiot would actually think I meant it to be taken as if I had real statistics backing it.

I make the statement because I've played a lot of games with pretty good CaC options. The Soul Calibur games, the Souls games, a couple MMOs, and a few other things here and there. I've also been on boards when these games came out, and you almost never see anyone trying to make a realistic interpretation of themselves. The number one thing you see people do is try to recreate characters from other games, stories, media and plug them in. Second to that, you see a bunch of fantasy based conceptions that are as far from reality as the CaC will let them make.

I'm not saying no one would like this option. I even acknowledged that having a good CaC system as well as what they propose would be the best way to go. But the average person isn't really trying to put themselves out there like that through this type of mass interaction. If they were, everyone's Display pic on here would be a picture of his/herself. Now how many of all the people on the IC use an actual pic of themselves as their display pic. Go to any other forum and tell me what percentage of those people use their own pictures.

But let me just quit, because no matter what I say, it's not going to change the fact that ya'll are going to act like everything M$ is the greatest and most useful innovation ever.
  • joshuaboy
    focus wrote: »
    joshuaboy wrote: »

You fat?

Used to be 65 lbs heavier three years ago. Still about 10 lbs from my target weight, so yea, I still consider myself "fat" until then.
  • Karl.

Yeah because that was clearly meant to be taken as a scientifically proven fact... FOH It was a tounge in cheek statement and only an idiot would actually think I meant it to be taken as if I had real statistics backing it.

I make the statement because I've played a lot of games with pretty good CaC options. The Soul Calibur games, the Souls games, a couple MMOs, and a few other things here and there. I've also been on boards when these games came out, and you almost never see anyone trying to make a realistic interpretation of themselves. The number one thing you see people do is try to recreate characters from other games, stories, media and plug them in. Second to that, you see a bunch of fantasy based conceptions that are as far from reality as the CaC will let them make.

I'm not saying no one would like this option. I even acknowledged that having a good CaC system as well as what they propose would be the best way to go. But the average person isn't really trying to put themselves out there like that through this type of mass interaction. If they were, everyone's Display pic on here would be a picture of his/herself. Now how many of all the people on the IC use an actual pic of themselves as their display pic. Go to any other forum and tell me what percentage of those people use their own pictures.

But let me just quit, because no matter what I say, it's not going to change the fact that ya'll are going to act like everything M$ is the greatest and most useful innovation ever.

Didn't read.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 5'11 155 in real life.

Im 6'11 255 on 2K

shurgs
  • The Lonious Monk

Didn't read.

Doesn't care.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In good news, outside sports has not been delayed.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭