? Forgives I Don't One year Later

genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
gfid.jpg
? Forgives, I Don't is the fifth studio album by American rapper Rick Ross, released on July 30, 2012, by Mercury Records and Island Def Jam. It was produced by several record producers, including Cool & Dre, J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, Pharrell, Jake One, and Rico Love, among others.

Upon its release, ? Forgives, I Don't received generally positive reviews from music critics, who complimented its opulent production style and Ross' performance. It debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart, selling 218,000 copies in its first week, and charted in several other countries. By October 2012, the album had been certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America and had sold 438,000 copies in the United States. It was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Rap Album, presented at the 2013 Grammy Awards

1. "Pray for Us" John Singleton 0:59
2. "Pirates" William Roberts II, Maurice Jordan, M. Furdge, William Bell, Booker Jones Kenoe, Got Koke 3:25
3. "3 Kings" (featuring Dr. Dre and Jay-Z) Roberts II, Jacob Dutton, Shawn Carter, Clara Castaneda, James Weary, Andre Young Jake One 4:26
4. "Ashamed" Roberts II, Marcello Valenzano, Andre Lyon, Anthony Colton, Wilson Pickett, Jean Roussel, Marty Simon Cool & Dre 4:19
5. "Maybach Music IV" (featuring Ne-Yo) Roberts II, Erik Ortiz, Kevin Crowe, Kenny Bartolomei, Shaffer Smith J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League 5:14
6. "Sixteen" (featuring André 3000) Roberts II, Ortiz, Crowe, Bartolomei, André Benjamin J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League 8:18
7. "Amsterdam" Roberts II, Teedra Moses, Carl McCormick, Alain Mion, Alain Gandolfi Cardiak 3:46
8. "Hold Me Back" Roberts II, James Murphy G5Kid 4:30
9. "911" Roberts II, Roshun Walker Young Shun 5:29
10. "So Sophisticated" (featuring Meek Mill) Roberts II, Anthony Tucker, M. Jordan, J. Preyan, Robert Williams The Beat Bully 4:10
11. "Presidential" (featuring Elijah Blake) Roberts II, Pharrell Williams, Roy Ayers, James Bedford, Lamont Porter, Sylvia Striplin, Christopher Wallace, Sean Fenton Pharrell Williams 4:14
12. "Ice Cold" (featuring Omarion) Roberts II, Omari Grandberry, Sam Dew, Sharif Slater Reefa 3:51
13. "Touch'N You" (featuring Usher) Richard Butler, Jr., Pierre Medor, Roberts II, Usher Raymond IV Rico Love, Pierre Medor 4:16
14. "Diced Pineapples" (featuring Wale and Drake) Roberts II, McCormick, Olubowale Akintimehin, Aubrey Graham Cardiak 4:39
15. "Ten Jesus Pieces" (featuring Stalley) Roberts II, Ortiz, Crowe, Bartolomei, Kyle Myricks, Jeffrey Osborne, Leon Franklin J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League 6:51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeKNvh09iNY
How do you guys feel about this album now?

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3/5 its cool that's about it
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    same way ai did then it was a solid album but i was disappointed by it......only really ? with 2 outta the last 8 tracks
  • CJ
    ? started out great tho then fell off
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that boy still aint go plat ?? and dont blame it on the street music cause Jeezy went plat using the same formula

but he def got some solid cuts on there .. i never brought the album or downloaded free and listened to the entire album ... but i ? with Sophisacated and Sixteen and Diced Pinaples .....
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So 'Presidential' sampled Roy Ayers?

The album had grand production on 'em .. .
  • antarticp
    antarticp wrote: »
    that boy still aint go plat ?? and dont blame it on the street music cause Jeezy went plat using the same formula

but he def got some solid cuts on there .. i never brought the album or downloaded free and listened to the entire album ... but i ? with Sophisacated and Sixteen and Diced Pinaples .....

oh and cant forget 3 kings that joint will give you goosebumps ... ross needed to do a video for that one .. .that joint alone probably could of got him in the 700k area .....
  • rip.dilla

oh and cant forget 3 kings that joint will give you goosebumps ... ross needed to do a video for that one .. .that joint alone probably could of got him in the 700k area .....

He did .. .
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amsterdam is classic. but I think this his worst album
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip.dilla wrote: »

He did .. .

i missed it liked the cd but it had to many love tracks for my liking
  • antarticp

He did .. .

post it i never seen it and just youtubed it and not seeing it ... but if true and dude is still under 500k sold smh ...........................................
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I think this his worst album
    co-sign. Teflon Don looks like a masterpiece compared to this
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    I'm a Ross fan and I say it was easily his worst work with the least replay value. I believe he can come back tho, but I dont think his sales will ever be as solid seeing how finicky hip hop is and how long the average rapper's prime is. Ross has been above average with his six five year peak..
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good, but not as good as anticipated
  • antarticp

He did .. .

i missed it liked the cd but it had to many love tracks for my liking

the main reason why i havent even took jcoles joint out the wrapper yet lol

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember firmly stating that he would still not be a platinum artist and I stand affirmed
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    it was cool. could had been way better. his last couple verses and tracks been hot tho.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgettable.

Pirates is tough as hell though.
  • CJ
    Loved 3 kings idk why it got hate, maybe cuz jay is on it.
  • rip.dilla
    edited July 2013
    That Jay verse is very playful .. .

? looked liked he blazed a spliff before spitting that ?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started dope fell off when I listened to two identical tracks back to back
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mercury records?
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dope album ten jesus piece is one of ross's best songs
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was dissapointed initially because I have high expectations for Ross but I ? with the album even though it's one of his weaker efforts.