G. I. JOE Retaliation

Options
13»

Comments

• peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the only thing about rock not having black kids is im pretty sure he was a stepfather in all those other movies. could be wrong though, snitch might have been different
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The rock is half white though
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    The rock is half white though

No... half black and half Samoan
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Samething

Far from it.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since everybody ? riding this movie I wont elaborate on how trash it was, oh wait yes I will. I understand them Killing Duke as they did in the original cartoon, but this ? was flat out horrible. I believed the Rock was from the hood just like I believe in the Tooth fairy, Santa Clause, and the Easter Bunny.

Storm shadow fight scene ripping his shirt off and flexing with baby oil for 10 minutes and the girl jogging in a skimpy outfit with groceries I might add were just blatant attempts to sell sex and unnecessary.

duke and the Rock all buddy buddy like oh we just forgot him in the first movie, gtfoh... ? was trash trash trash...

I grew up watching this franchise so its a disgrace to see it done this way.

Yall can down arrow and wack and nosign all yall want but the fact remains its a ? movie!

I'm ? !!!
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    Since everybody ? riding this movie I wont elaborate on how trash it was, oh wait yes I will. I understand them Killing Duke as they did in the original cartoon, but this ? was flat out horrible. I believed the Rock was from the hood just like I believe in the Tooth fairy, Santa Clause, and the Easter Bunny.

Storm shadow fight scene ripping his shirt off and flexing with baby oil for 10 minutes and the girl jogging in a skimpy outfit with groceries I might add were just blatant attempts to sell sex and unnecessary.

duke and the Rock all buddy buddy like oh we just forgot him in the first movie, gtfoh... ? was trash trash trash...

Yall can down arrow and wack and nosign all yall want but the fact remains its a ? movie!

I'm ? !!!

Uh Duke was never killed in the cartoon. If you remember in "G.I. Joe The Movie", he slipped into a coma.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    This was the first time I've seen a movie where Rock had black kids.
    pralims wrote: »
    i wasnt too impressed with this. it was ok...but nothing special.

at least the rock has a black family this time....lol

They couldn't whitewash his family because he was playing a character black as ? . ? wouldn't fly.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched it and fell asleep....yea

I was surprised the ninja in white was still alive but I only watched the 1st 1 once so I was like.....ok.

The parts I was awake for was skraight....the rock in the hood was uncomfortable to watch.
  • perspective@100
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »

I'm ? !!!

Uh Duke was never killed in the cartoon. If you remember in "G.I. Joe The Movie", he slipped into a coma.

? I was like 5 watching that ? . I remember he wasn't on the show for a long ass time so he was dead to me and they had loud ass sgt slaughter. Regardless stop being technical. The action in this trash was 3 of 10 and the storyline was 2 of 10. If I was still 5 I would be like wtf this ? trash
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    [quote="perspective@100;5674520"]Since everybody ? riding this movie I wont elaborate on how trash it was, oh wait yes I will. I understand them Killing Duke as they did in the original cartoon, but this ? was flat out horrible. I believed the Rock was from the hood just like I believe in the Tooth fairy, Santa Clause, and the Easter Bunny.

I'm ? !!![/quote]

duke never died in the cartoons he was in a coma but later recovered. when I read that he died in a spoiler in superherohype.com I got ? . because of that retaliation is rent on demand or buy bootleg at dollar store status for me. judging from the commercial the only thing this movie had going was ninjas. it's like when the studio execs had their meetin they was all like" make it totally about ninjas boys like ninjas think of the merchandise this will sell:" I can't hardly bare to talk about how they screwed up flint. he was a goofy recruit when in the cartoon he was like a second field command under duke. when duke wasn't around he called the shots. did he even wear his special forces beret in the movie. add to the fact that he looks like a gayface boyband member.
    I understand channing tatum had contract problems or something and he couldn't stick around for the rest of movie but they didn't have to ? off duke. they could've just had him wounded and have him come back for part 3. cobra commander fired destro there always was a rivalry between the two but wtf at firing your weapons engineer. bad decision making commander now we will never see those trouble bubble pods. was the baroness even in this one? i'm gonna make a reboot thread describing what I want to see. they pushed the movie back just to ? of duke eff this sheeittt!!!!!!
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/how-the-animated-series-g-i-joe-predicted-todays-illuminati-agenda/
    i took that link from @black_samson from another thread....anyway to all that watched the movie imagine the scene with all the works leaders! that ? would be scary...and could be a possibly with the things the Bible predicts at the end of days etc
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options

I'm ? !!!

? I was like 5 watching that ? . I remember he wasn't on the show for a long ass time so he was dead to me and they had loud ass sgt slaughter. Regardless stop being technical. The action in this trash was 3 of 10 and the storyline was 2 of 10. If I was still 5 I would be like wtf this ? trash

Don't ever disrespect one if the classic cartoon movies ever ? . Get it right. Hell, they even said Duke was out the coma at the end of the movie. Right after they defeated Serpentor and Golobulus.

You've been warned.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    best part of the movie is when Zartan ( prez) pushed the button and he was talkin ? to the other world leaders..shittin on N. Korea especially...and they wonder y muthafuckas wanna blow us up
  • perspective@100
    edited April 2013
    Options

I'm ? !!!

Don't ever disrespect one if the classic cartoon movies ever ? . Get it right. Hell, they even said Duke was out the coma at the end of the movie. Right after they defeated Serpentor and Golobulus.

You've been warned.

Did not stay for whole movie. Left early and demanded my money back... ? was super trash...

This movie was on about the same level as street fighter with Jean Claude Van-Dam.

I rather watch a marathon of glitter and Gigli than watch that ? again...

And c'mon no one for one second ever thought Duke really died be serious.

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    Nate D.O. wrote: »
    best part of the movie is when Zartan ( prez) pushed the button and he was talkin ? to the other world leaders..shittin on N. Korea especially...and they wonder y muthafuckas wanna blow us up

@ was trill as hell.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nate D.O. wrote: »

? was playin video games. trilllllaaaa

"good news is we won't need a global warming summit next year"
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Rue wrote: »
    So you're telling me they postponed GI Joe for a year just add more scenes and it still got bad reviews. I'll check it out before I give my final decision. It couldn't be worse than the last Die Hard that came out earlier this year.

Just watched it....jackie-chan-mind-blown-i1.jpg

I don't know where to start on how all over the place this was but Jynx and Lady Jaye....smash

It had some good parts but was very underwhelming overall

Another disappointing movie to add to the list

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sorry to dig up an old thread but I just saw this today on demand. I liked it .better action and less cartoony than the 1st one I kinda like that one also. favorite characters were firefly, cobra commander road block colton all the ninjas snake eyes jinx stormshadow etc..... I don't have time to gripe about continuity errors or the nonsensical backstory of duke cobra commander and baroness even though she wasn't in this one(wish she was) with a sexier actress for that role to boot. the cobra commander prison break scene was one of the coolest scenes. I would have posted in the just seen recently thread but that one is dead today. welp that's my two cents.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw this yesterday and it was lame. The only good thing about it was looking at the female lead, everything else was trite, dumb or badly acted/scripted/executed.

SMH at everyone overhyping this ? when it came out in theaters. Never again.