2 Chainz Says Kanye West Told Him Not To Put Jay-Z On "B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time"

MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
2 Chainz wanted to approach Jay-Z about appearing on his forthcoming B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time album, given some of the people Jigga worked with on his Magna Carta Holy Grail album, including Rick Ross and producer Mike WiLL Made It. 2 Chainz said he talked briefly with Jay-Z at the Wireless Festival in London earlier this month, but didn't ask him directly about appearing on his forthcoming album, which is due September 10.

"I see who Hov rocks with," 2 Chainz says during an interview with Whoolywood Shuffle. "Hov rocks with people who he respect and who has glimpses of trap on their resume. I'm a recovering d-boy. I'm a recovering d-boy and he is, too...I just told him, I don't know if he caught it or not, but basically I was saying, 'Damn. I like that you and Ross record.' That's what I was saying in my head. 'I like that Mike WiLL beat.' Some of them joints, I be thinkin' I could have killed them, 'cause I like his album."

The Atlanta rapper says that he did ask Kanye West, though, about putting Jigga on a particular B.O.A.T.S. II song. "I do have something I thought would be cool for this album, but I got to talkin' to 'Ye. I'm like, 'Ye, what you think about putting Hov on this one?'" 2 Chainz says during the interview. "He was like, 'Me Time,' in all caps. He just told me just to go hard on ? ."

A potential 2 Chainz-Jay-Z collaboration will have to wait, but 2 Chainz says he has another dozen or so features he's recorded with other artists that have yet to be released. He also said that he's open to reuniting with Dolla Boy to bring back their group Playaz Circle. "If it makes sense," he says. "That's all it is. I just want to be successful on every level right now. The 2 Chainz thing is really working and really popping. But that is my partna, so who knows. We prolly could go get us a few dollars, go get us a little money or something right quick. We did have some good records together. We still do, so they should be on the lookout."

As for 50 Cent's appearance on 2 Chainz's "Riot" remix, 2 Chainz says that he wants to work with the G Unit general again, too. "He's the smartest ? I ever met in my life, but he's crazy," 2 Chainz says. "He need to put me on something. I told him he need to put me on something. I told him, 'Let's do something.'

"50's always been dope to me and he had a real story and that's why people I think bought into it and followed it," 2 Chainz continues. "That's what it's about. I learned from a lot of stuff getting to this point and 50 had a dope blueprint to look at, too."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=24857

Comments