What Does The IC's Quite Comical Collective Think About Havok and Uncanny Avengers?

Options
DrMindbender122
DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in Quite Comical
I'm kinda piggybacking off of a thread from over on the Comicbook Resources board. By now, Uncanny Avengers has been out long enough for most of u to have made a fair assessment of it. And...I'm sure most of u took in Havok's speech about mutant/human relations.

Behold: The resident and government funded House ? of mutantkind

IMG_0085.jpg?802b89

Is it me or does this entire book feel forced? I'm sorry, but I just can't really get into this book. I'm about to drop it IF the Apocalypse arc ends up being some ? .

In the meantime, what y'all think are the odds of the following happening:

A) Cap finally sees that Havok is the most idiotic of all three Summers brothers, hauls off and sucka punches him on live TV midway through another awful speech and assumes leadership of the team right then and there? We all know he's the REAL leader anyway; he already seems to be ready to put his foot up Alex's monkey ass any day now. Havok is merely a figurehead for "the cause".

B) Wanda flips out again and screws over humans and mutantkind (for good this time).

C) Havok stays in charge and ends up getting one or more members of the team killed.

Speak on it.

Comments

• nicky the don
    nicky the don Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I like it. I'm interested in seeing exactly where they go with this.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I BEEN said this book was trash. Alex's speech was cool, I didn't see what the big commotion was about because he said "Just call me Alex." Then they planning on having Rogue hook-up with someone on the team(most likely Havoc), not making deadlines, Cap's reason for making the team being wack, the people on the team being wack, that first arc being wack, moving slow, ehh not enough to hold my attention.

Also I would see C being the most likely option since this is Comics after all. They got Rogue there to keep Wanda in check, and Alex ain't bad as a leader, I just can't see him bossing cap around. He been cooling it though. Only good thing about this book is that Rogue is being handled well as a character.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never liked Scott and Alex of the summers, I hope Vulcan kills them both.

More than likely havoc is a traitor again so stay tuned.
  • DrMindbender122
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I BEEN said this book was trash. Alex's speech was cool, I didn't see what the big commotion was about because he said "Just call me Alex." Then they planning on having Rogue hook-up with someone on the team(most likely Havoc), not making deadlines, Cap's reason for making the team being wack, the people on the team being wack, that first arc being wack, moving slow, ehh not enough to hold my attention.

Also I would see C being the most likely option since this is Comics after all. They got Rogue there to keep Wanda in check, and Alex ain't bad as a leader, I just can't see him bossing cap around. He been cooling it though. Only good thing about this book is that Rogue is being handled well as a character.

The commotion is that Havok is advocating mutant self hate. I wouldn't be surprised if he was wearing a Bluetooth and reciting the speech verbatim as Cap dictated it to him from the sidelines.

I understand that they wanna live with and among the humans, but why humilate yourself and your race by shucking and jiving all just to be accepted by the very same people who will build and send a Sentinel after your ass with no ? given?

There should be some middle ground. It shouldn't be that mutants have to bow down to the humans just cuz.
  • DrMindbender122
    edited April 2013
    Options
    And as far as Havok being a great leader, how did being the leader of X-Factor work out for him? Isn't this the same ? that created his own Brotherhood?

Cap labeled this ? as the face of human/mutant relations. Guess his Genoshan Magistrate days have been retconned, huh?

For all the grief Scott gets about Madelyn and Nathan, what about Havok getting with his brother's wife AND leaving Polaris numerous times?

They could've let someone else lead that ? Avengers team. This ? is nuffin but a damn puppet for Cap and the Avengers.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Umm, ooookkkkaayyy. Lol
  • SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just got finished reading that whole Havok Brotherhood storyline in my quest lol, and if I'm not mistaken he created that whole ploy to get close to Dark Beast and take him down...

or did I totally read that wrong?

Not a big fan of Havok by the way, just saying.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eh i dont think its a terrible book, im only on issue 4 right now. But its def not my favorite. Uncanny X men and Secret Avengers and New Avengers are way better imo. It is really weird seeing cap as second in command tho lol.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my ? , what they did too Xavier! he's not coming back. the artworks pretty good that's all I have to say. we need an all new xmen thread with the original 5 time travel storyline I like that book.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that lame, Avengers lap dog......Scott will always be face, Vulcan runs the summers
  • ShencotheMC
    edited April 2013
    Options
    louis rich wrote: »
    ? that lame, Avengers lap dog......Scott will always be face, Vulcan runs the summers

Scott is lost bruh. That dude is out his damn mind. The fact that we got cats on the IC who support what he doing is ridiculous. Wolverine is as much a hypocrite as NuClops, but he on the right side in this war imo
  • DrMindbender122
    Options

Scott is lost bruh. That dude is out his damn mind. The fact that we got cats on the IC who support what he doing is ridiculous. Wolverine is as much a hypocrite as NuClops, but he on the right side in this war imo

Cap'N Murica, is that u?
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Havoc>Cyclops n/h
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No way in HELL is Havok>Cyke.... I dont care if Cyke is more magneto then professor X. Havok is a sellout house ? (mtant) ? boy
  • ShencotheMC
    Options

Cap'N Murica, is that u?

Nah, I'm all for mutant equality and all that stuff, it's just the way dude went about it. Like I said in another thread, if Jean Grey was alive half the ? going on right now would not be taking place
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope they create an arc where havoc and cyke ? each other and vulcan becomes leader of the X-Men. Both brothers are ? .
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @sour you must let go of your Vulcan fantasies. He has no hand to hand skills his durability is the same as your average school girl. This ? sneak attacked Warlock and drain damn near all bis energy and got one shot to sleep with a left cross.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Vulcan was dead smh I way to far behind
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    I thought Vulcan was dead smh I way to far behind

Nobody really knows what happened to Vulcan. Black bolt came out of that vault alive so maybe Gabriel did as well *kanyeshrug*
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    How in the blue blazes of hell is this book still getting a run, but we got rumors about Gambit getting cancelled? This book ? sucks. A team full of hypocrites, awful characters, wack writing, this ? Havok really wants Rogue to hunt down Magneto, (Word? You don't see that conflict of interests bruh?) the two apocalypse twins murked a celestial with ease, since when have Apocalypse and Thor been these mortal enemies?, Wanda being a straight up ? , Wasp just throw it at anyone huh?, Havok was a nerd for passing on that ? , and Thor and the art have pretty much been the only enjoyable thing about this ? .

Remender gets props for Uncanny X-force, but he needs to Dirk Nowitzki "Shut it down! Let's go home!" This ? ass book
  • DrMindbender122
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Kitty Pryde comes through and crushes Havok's buildings with her retort to his ? speech encouraging mutant self hatred:

kitty_zpsf163a033.jpg

That last line from Kitty was pure ether.

On the flip side, u have this ? :

havok_zps7b013b2d.jpg

I'm glad someone brought this topic up over on the CBR forums.

Sidenote: Is it me does Cap's smiling ass appear as though he needs a thought bubble saying: "Attaboy, Alex. U say that damn speech just like we rehearsed it. My writing skills are impeccable."?
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i agree with remender and where he is going.

right now the X-Men are just "The Civil Rights for White Liberals and their Exotic Minority Girlfriends, ft. the Ethnic Male Cannon Fodder."

aint no way around it. I wish they would stop trying to make mutants into some type of minority group culture..its offensive to real minority struggles.

They need to go back to being heroes and no HS drama wierd ? they got going on, remender an ex x-writer just called out the x-offices for their ? and bendis took a cheap shot to keep it going.

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now unless Rick Remender had this all planned as a point of contention among other writers and as a point to later comment on AFTER the issue this all started in (and I dont think he did).....

I get that Remender was trying to make a "WE'RE ALL THE SAME LETS BE FRIENDS!!!" point...But I think he severely underestimated the level at which Mutants have become a stand in for every real life minority ever. Which is odd...given that a huge point in Uncanny Avengers is that by having a integrated Avengers/Xmen team; public relations with mutants will improve. I mean i find it odd that the book is centered around uniting for the sake of sociopolitics and yet Remender seemed pretty daft on the subject with Alex's quote.....

But I digress: If Remender was trying to make the aforementioned point, i get that, but by having Alex say some ? ? like "DOnt call me a mutant" its well just that, ? ? . Its akin to a black man saying "dont call me Black" or a ? man saying "dont call me ? "....its inferring (regardless of intent) that minorities are the ones who are tripping over differences....that we're the ones who need to not realize that the differences that separate humans are ? pointless. And thats surely not the case.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This book got really good
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    x-men straight up jacked the inhumans, the x-men didnt start as the discriminated mutant against the world ? at first, the inhumans did