What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

2 Chainz Says Kanye West Told Him Not To Put Jay-Z On "B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time"

MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect BalancePosts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
2 Chainz wanted to approach Jay-Z about appearing on his forthcoming B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time album, given some of the people Jigga worked with on his Magna Carta Holy Grail album, including Rick Ross and producer Mike WiLL Made It. 2 Chainz said he talked briefly with Jay-Z at the Wireless Festival in London earlier this month, but didn't ask him directly about appearing on his forthcoming album, which is due September 10.

"I see who Hov rocks with," 2 Chainz says during an interview with Whoolywood Shuffle. "Hov rocks with people who he respect and who has glimpses of trap on their resume. I'm a recovering d-boy. I'm a recovering d-boy and he is, too...I just told him, I don't know if he caught it or not, but basically I was saying, 'Damn. I like that you and Ross record.' That's what I was saying in my head. 'I like that Mike WiLL beat.' Some of them joints, I be thinkin' I could have killed them, 'cause I like his album."

The Atlanta rapper says that he did ask Kanye West, though, about putting Jigga on a particular B.O.A.T.S. II song. "I do have something I thought would be cool for this album, but I got to talkin' to 'Ye. I'm like, 'Ye, what you think about putting Hov on this one?'" 2 Chainz says during the interview. "He was like, 'Me Time,' in all caps. He just told me just to go hard on niggas."

A potential 2 Chainz-Jay-Z collaboration will have to wait, but 2 Chainz says he has another dozen or so features he's recorded with other artists that have yet to be released. He also said that he's open to reuniting with Dolla Boy to bring back their group Playaz Circle. "If it makes sense," he says. "That's all it is. I just want to be successful on every level right now. The 2 Chainz thing is really working and really popping. But that is my partna, so who knows. We prolly could go get us a few dollars, go get us a little money or something right quick. We did have some good records together. We still do, so they should be on the lookout."

As for 50 Cent's appearance on 2 Chainz's "Riot" remix, 2 Chainz says that he wants to work with the G Unit general again, too. "He's the smartest nigga I ever met in my life, but he's crazy," 2 Chainz says. "He need to put me on something. I told him he need to put me on something. I told him, 'Let's do something.'

"50's always been dope to me and he had a real story and that's why people I think bought into it and followed it," 2 Chainz continues. "That's what it's about. I learned from a lot of stuff getting to this point and 50 had a dope blueprint to look at, too."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=24857
420337_10151312942875197_1250633177_n.jpg

2012 Reason Thread Creator of The Year (Tied)
2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year (Tied)
2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
-Albert Einstein

Replies

• jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So duke was starstruck? Gtfoh.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    rip.dillaxxCivicxx
  • King Lee King Lee The Danger ZonePosts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Dope cant wait for the album
    hqdefault.jpg
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Jay-Z and 2Chainz did a song I dont think it would be a matter of who bodied who but more of,

does this get play in the club?
    vslykeStoneColdMikeyIgot5onitrip.dilla
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's an intriguing collaboration
    wouldn't mind seeing it
  • LincolnLincoln Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2CHAINZ wrote: »
    RawAce wrote: »
    Im happy for 2 Chainz

Duke worked hard, never gave up and the shit paid off for him

Bless yo heart mane,this the type of shit that keeps me going

yo im all about supporting my fellow black folk

...but kill yoself. you 35 years old talmbout big bootys in every song
    you clubbing with people half your age. at this rate, you ain't gonna hit your mid-life crisis until you're eligible for
    the senior citizens discount at the 40/40 club. congrats on the album tho real talk

black caesarsouth4life
  • NoCompetitionNoCompetition Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    So Jay wouldnt body 2 Chainz easily? Lol man y'all some niggas

Its according man. He might not have a more entertaining verse just because he's Jay z. 2 chainz has certain strengths. As far as being entertaining and making people move. But straight up putting words together, people would expect Jay Z to shine.

• loch121loch121 Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck is this opposite day or Zombieland?
    Loch Afro American Psycho EP/mixtape http://www.datpiff.com/Loch-Afro-American-Psycho-mixtape.740928.html
    Loch's youtube channel youtube.com/lochofmceo
    Loch Afro American Horror Story Mixtape Hosted by @DJDooWop http://piff.me/d91349e via @DatPiff
    Follow @Loch121 http://Twitter.com/loch121
    Follow Loch on instagram. http://instagram.com/loch121
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 33,542 Regulator
    This shit would had been Fuckwithmeyouknowigot on steroids.
    #Mikeyismod2017
    illedout
  • xxCivicxxxxCivicxx stew Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuckwithmeyouknowigot snuck up on me now it stays on repeat. I think 2 chainz woulda killed it too. I feel like that song is more Ross' joint than Jay's
    https://soundcloud.com/xcivicx

Xbox Live: xCivicx
    PSN: Civicxx

Russell-Wilson.jpg
    "Jay Electricity, PBS Mysteries
    In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history
    You can’t say shit to me, الحمد لله‎(Praise be to God)
    It’s strictly by faith that we made it this far..."

RIP Chinx Drugz
    buttuh_b
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Sion Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tity 2 CHAINS!!
    Scotty ATL feat. Bankroll Fresh-Thinkin Bout A Check

Nebu Kiniza-Gassed Up

Keef has quotables in the original that your remix isn't fuckin' wit.

Them hoes they do it for Sosa
    Tadoe off the Molly water
    So nigga be cool like water
    Fore you get hit with this lava

Bitch I'm the trending topic
    Don't care no price I'll cop it b
    And yo bitch steady jockin' me

R.D. wrote: »
    You just don't know much about basketball

8357pi1pdpbh.png
    R.D. wrote: »
    And Wall isn't better than Rondo

Even this moody, play when he want Rondo

Give s2j his swag back n let him Mack disabled children in peace, lame ass nigga
  • frostyicyfrostyicy Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah I can't see this collab happening for whatever reason. I mean yeah Jay has done records with Jeezy, Ross, Tip but 2 Chainz I'm not too sure about idk why, but I just can't see it.
    Fuck niggas, bitches too
    All I got is this money, this'll do
    -Jay-Z

• DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lemzola wrote: »
    2CHAINZ wrote: »
    RawAce wrote: »
    Im happy for 2 Chainz

Duke worked hard, never gave up and the shit paid off for him

Bless yo heart mane,this the type of shit that keeps me going

is it really 2 chainz?

He aint as funny as Big Sean was though. He used to drop unused lines from his verses in his posts.
    south4life
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't think of one good reason Jigga would want to be featured on a 2 chain song
  • double0sugedouble0suge Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tity 2 CHAINS!!

I got on 2 bracelets..
  • black caesarblack caesar Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    that's an intriguing collaboration
    wouldn't mind seeing it

I'm mean 2 Chainz sounded like Hov on "Feds Watching". I kept thinking to myself listening to the song that Jay-Z would have bodied the track.

I can't be the only one who thought that.

I don't listen to him too much, but son stayed on his grind.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
  • dollarandadreamdollarandadream Posts: 236
    This shit would had been Fuckwithmeyouknowigot on steroids.

This ^^^
  • c.b.b.c.b.b. Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    ]
    A potential 2 Chainz-Jay-Z collaboration will have to wait, but 2 Chainz says he has another dozen or so features he's recorded with other artists that have yet to be released. He also said that he's open to reuniting with Dolla Boy to bring back their group Playaz Circle. "If it makes sense," he says. "That's all it is. I just want to be successful on every level right now. The 2 Chainz thing is really working and really popping. But that is my partna, so who knows. We prolly could go get us a few dollars, go get us a little money or something right quick. We did have some good records together. We still do, so they should be on the lookout."

]
    http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=24857

what that really means is, "hell naw, I'm hot right not and he isn't. I'm not messing up my buzz"

RawAce