Better rapper Vol. 17: Joe Budden or Method Man

Options

Comments

• Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Budden is leval five mutant method is three point five.

There wouldn't be one without the other though regardless what buddens claims we know who fathered his ? .
  • ThatPigskinGuy007
    ThatPigskinGuy007 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Options
    Method Man
    I Like both, but for goodness sake i had to go with the one that spit flames on a track with Big. "Puttin ? in the I C U!!"
  • 216atlran
    216atlran Members Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    & crooked I
    216atlran wrote: »
    Imagine if joe was a part of the wu, he would've added a whole new element, song & subject wise. Joe dominates ? too me, anytime joe gets on songs, besides a slaughterhouse song that's a posse or feature cut he usually has the 1st or second best verse

FOH, Buddens couldn't even make Wu Tang. All the emo ? and corny punchlines is not what's poppin'. Buddens just ain't cut from the same cloth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GULSipqPC0

Plus Deck already buried him.

Name one person who would respond to deck? & that emo, relationship ? is an element. Just like odb welfare crackhead raps, just like mastah killah altered lyricism. but deck known for one verse in the history of mankind, havoc>>>deck ? alchemist >>>deck

• CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpaAugvpsPg

Show me a Method Man solo track ? with this.
  • dollarandadream
    dollarandadream Members Posts: 236
    Options
    Joe Budden
    Back in the day Method man but NOW.... Joe Budden

Besides I think Jay-z blackballed Joe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0GbZqZp_S8
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Method Man
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpaAugvpsPg

Show me a Method Man solo track ? with this.

I really had to think about this one before I voted, what swayed my vote was those times where I was at a hip hop show, or club or even in the whip where they are playing random hip hop classics, and the amount of times your going to hear ? whether it's a verse or his own song, ? was the epitome of the golden era, if he had a better catalog he would easily be top 5, that's where I think Buddens beats him, he puts his heart and soul into music and it made for a great catalog, I even think he has a classic although it's a mixtape mm4 was constructed like an album, Buddens puts in a lot more work and has been consistent, I would vote him the best post 2000 modern day mc, but I had to go with the guy that played more of a role in why I listen to hip hop today, if someone wanted to know what hip hop is u bring them to a method man show...that's hip hop
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Method Man
    man fourty years from now method man will be a known figure like muddy waters people will atleast know his name can u honestly say the people will know of buddens he will b forgotten an keith Murray will rate higher it's the breaks kids he a c league player maybe he could have been a contender maybe in 94 but by 96 he would been beaten up jewlery stole an pac might have bombed on him if black thought doesn't get his props ain't no way we should give Jo buddens his dear ic members i ask u to vote no on buddens
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Method Man
    dear ic members i ask u to vote no on buddens

Well, that was pretty pathetic..

• drsnappple
    drsnappple Members Posts: 185 ✭✭
    Options
    Method Man
    ? in 2013 is still dope too. He doesn't rap much today but when he does its crazy.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Don't do this.

This is at least the second time .. Just vote with YOUR honest opinion and not what you think the majority wants you to choose. Easy as that.

I prefer ? 's music and style but Buddens is obviously the better lyricist.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    See this why I said don't do this. You got ignorant people disrespecting Deck now. I can't tolerate that.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    don't disrespect joe budden like this.....method man isn't even in the same class as budden

method man be the only talented rapper of wu tang but thats not saying much, being the best player on the ? team doesn't make you on the level of an all star
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Method Man
    bck145 wrote: »
    don't disrespect joe budden like this.....method man isn't even in the same class as budden

method man be the only talented rapper of wu tang but thats not saying much, being the best player on the ? team doesn't make you on the level of an all star

bruh...
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Method Man
    LMAO u could have put a better rapper instead of Buddens, he does not come close to The Iron Lung
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »

bruh...

yeah bruh?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Method Man
    I like Punch Tape Budden, however he aint never put out nothing that rivals Meths best...
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Method Man
    Budden is one of the deepest behind a mic, and he can spit that lyrical ? like crazy
    Method Man on the other-hand, is also a gifted MC...Skills?(check), classic material?(check)
    Plus he is a member of the Wu Tang Clan, not that that means everything, but it sure means a lot
    ? is IMO a personification of Hip Hop, That is, Hip Hop as I used to know it. (him and a few others btw)

From growing up with PE, LL, Dela, Run DMC etc etc (thank's to my older brother)
    I found out about other dope artists mysef, like Pac, Big, Nas, Snoop, ? (Wu), Jay
    All Hip Hop Legends IMO. And yeah Budden (and SH) is dope, so is Kendrick Lamar (and BH)
    But they ain't no legends in my book (yet), as much as I like their music and fully acknowledge their skills

To make a long story short

it's Wu ? !

lol
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    So..... no one is going to name a song that Method Man has done solo that is on the level of Dumb Out? Or are we just going to keep saying Method Man is the better rapper cause he's a legend?
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Method Man
    ? ripped B.I.G. on the track and had a great debut.

? is only better than Budden by a hair in terms of emceeing.

Now, Budden is much better.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Method Man
    Mcing includes more than "word play"... Jumpoff Joe got bars... but he aint got the flow or energy ? has... ? Mic presence >>> JumpoffJoe
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    I can't believe the poll Lmao like budden said if him and ? stand side by side on stage and sit ya'll think ? good have the better verse Lmao shhhhhiiiiit ! And I used to think he was the end all be all of real too but come on
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    Let's go track for track Lol
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Method Man
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Mcing includes more than "word play"... Jumpoff Joe got bars... but he aint got the flow or energy ? has... ? Mic presence >>> JumpoffJoe

Budden has an ight Mic Presence.

We're asking the better rapper man, not overall package.

Pac has a better mic presence than B.I.G.

Is he the better rapper?
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    I can't believe the poll Lmao like budden said if him and ? stand side by side on stage and sit ya'll think ? good have the better verse Lmao shhhhhiiiiit ! And I used to think he was the end all be all of real too but come on

? will put on the much better show though. I've seen them both perform in a span of 3 hours within each other by the way.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    ? Buddens though. He's not a thorough Jersey cat. You can hear it in his voice b. He's girly b. He speaks like a female. I wouldn't trade places with Buddens for no amount of Dominican ? and money because I don't move like a herb. Therefore, despite his skills I can't ? with his music.