When Spitting Real S**t Gets To Real, Rapper Charged w/ Murder, Admits It On Track

TheBossman
TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
Police in Virginia believe they’ve solved a double-homicide case that went cold a few years back after a local rapper was found to have recorded a song in which he allegedly brags about committing the crime.

Antwain “Twain Gotti” Steward was arrested earlier this month and charged with killing Christopher Horton, 16, and Brian Dean, 20, in a gang-related shooting that occurred in May of 2007 on the front porch of Horton’s Newport News home.

Four years after the case went cold, a Newport News Police detective followed a tip from two witnesses that led him to Steward’s rap song “Ride Out,” in which the 22-year-old appears to be boasting about murdering Horton.

From the song’s lyrics:

Listen, walk to your boy and I approached him, 12 midnight on his traphouse porch and everybody saw when I ? choked him. But nobody saw when I ? smoked him, roped him, sharpened up the shank then I poked him, 357 Smith & Wesson [unintelligible] scoped him, roped him, had me crackin up so I joked him, it is betweezy six feet ova, told ya ? with my money I’ll roast ya.

According to WAVY, the song was first posted to Steward’s MySpace page in 2009. It was uploaded to YouTube in 2011, but has since been removed.

Court documents show [pdf] that detectives believe Steward shot Horton after the two argued over an unknown matter earlier in the day.

At the time, Steward and two other individuals suspected of being involved in the shooting belonged to a street gang known as Wickzoo (since renamed MOR3SH3LLZ).

Horton was allegedly a member of a rival gang called the Dump Squad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaj4uBtjaJg#at=22

Comments