Better rapper Vol. 17: Joe Budden or Method Man

124»

Comments

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Mcing includes more than "word play"... Jumpoff Joe got bars... but he aint got the flow or energy ? has... ? Mic presence >>> JumpoffJoe

Budden has an ight Mic Presence.

We're asking the better rapper man, not overall package.

Pac has a better mic presence than B.I.G.

Is he the better rapper?

Well actually as a matter of fact he......on second thought, nevermind Ima chill and not open them can of worms.

carry on

• KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Joe Budden
    Dudes jumping in their emotions like Mario in that boot on SMB3.

Joe has a larger catalog of dope material than ? at the end of the day, and it stands even taller because he had no one to share the load with him on most of it. ? spit with one of the best groups in hip hop history and came up short by himself more often than not. Think about it: name a Method Man song beside Method Man where it's him by himself that you've got on loop somewhere. He's got dope/classic material, but it's usually him featuring someone else.

Crafting a gang of dope songs solo >>>> coming up with a hot 16.

If we were measuring better rapper based on spitting the hottest 16, Busta Rhymes would be the best rapper alive hands down. Can't do that though. Y'all would flag me for trolling if I said any Busta album was on Illmatic's level or All Eyez On Me or Ready to Die.

With that being said, Budden got this off the strength of full songs and albums (which I consider his mixtapes to be). If this is about preference of voice and all that, then it's whatever. Off pure quantitative data, though, he got this one easy.
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Joe Budden
    Buddens better to me.
    i dont even ? with Method Man. dude is mediocre by East Coast bar.
    and Buddens or Joel aint the best in Slaughterhouse.
    Its Crooked I
  • 216atlran
    216atlran Members Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    Joe Budden
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    ? Buddens though. He's not a thorough Jersey cat. You can hear it in his voice b. He's girly b. He speaks like a female. I wouldn't trade places with Buddens for no amount of Dominican ? and money because I don't move like a herb. Therefore, despite his skills I can't ? with his music.

I wouldn't never live like joe would either, or be as emotional but he's a better rapper than method right now, it doesn't matter which group your in or if you rapped better than biggie on a track, Kendrick got jay z but that don't mean he better. Joe the better rapper right now, plain & simple. ? a better actor, smoker, has better performance, but joe a better rapper man.

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe Budden
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    I can't believe the poll Lmao like budden said if him and ? stand side by side on stage and sit ya'll think ? good have the better verse Lmao shhhhhiiiiit ! And I used to think he was the end all be all of real too but come on

? will put on the much better show though. I've seen them both perform in a span of 3 hours within each other by the way.

I agree but bar for bar budden gonna smash dude. Eff what that nucca do off the Mic I couldn't care less. What was the last dope ? verse
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Method Man
    so y'all want to limit the discussion to punchlines? or the last ? to release an album?
    there r no name battle rappers who do what Joe does better than Joe does...
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Method Man
    when yall gonna close this Jo lost..
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Method Man
    Method Man had the whole package, Joe Budden probably more lyrical but all his ? is geared toward wrist cutters so it will never be as effective

Buttons is like Drake without the Prozac.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Method Man
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    What exactly does Method Man have on Joe outside of a better delivery?

Charisma, flow, albums, success, lyrics (when he's not being lazy), and not dependent on turning on his webcam every night to keep his name in people's mouths.
  • farrell
    farrell Members Posts: 109
    Joe Budden
    There is no taking away Meths legend and accomplishments but as a MC I think Joey got it
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never said ? was better than Buddens.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? had hot verses on BO2, ? are y'all talkin bout?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Joe Budden
    ^^ the ? you rambling about then?
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Method Man
    Where my ? bankrupt at? Lol
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe Budden
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    so y'all want to limit the discussion to punchlines? or the last ? to release an album?
    there r no name battle rappers who do what Joe does better than Joe does...

Who is limiting it to punchlines though, clearly Joe Budden destroys ? in that field.
    sully wrote: »
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    What exactly does Method Man have on Joe outside of a better delivery?

Charisma, flow, albums, success, lyrics (when he's not being lazy), and not dependent on turning on his webcam every night to keep his name in people's mouths.

You've lost your mind if you think ? is better than Joe lyrically, albums/success mean nothing, since we're referring who the better rapper is, and ? doesn't even have a strong catalog(solo wise) MM2/3 is better than anything ? has released solo. I'll give him charisma, flow is debatable.