the south needs another t.i. tbh..

Options
124»

Comments

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still upset this ? said Bun B is overrated. Bruh you clearly never listened to Ridin ? , Super Tight, or ? Money. Bun proved he can spit with the best of them. Bun verse on Big Pimpin >>>>>> Jay-Zs verse on Big Pimpin. Nas shoulda said Bun killed Jay on his own ? . Jay had to add a second verse bruh you serious right now?
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol jay aint have his first big hit until he had bun and ? on the track

These ny ? so full of themselves it blinds em to facts

Facts.....method man, odb, rza....all wack
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess Outkast needs to overshadow Raekwon for a 3rd time for these NY ? to get it...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    these ny ? claim to be such hip hop heads but dont know ? about ? that was really rappin outside they region, they dont know about legends like ball & g, bun & c, etc, but wanna bring up got damn keith murray and tell others to respect the "culture", get em the ? outta here
  • ThatPigskinGuy007
    ThatPigskinGuy007 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Options
    Z-Ro need to blow up!!!!
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Z-Ro need to blow up!!!!

its past his time

im still happy to see trae getin some mainstream shine tho
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is delusional.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    Lol jay aint have his first big hit until he had bun and ? on the track

I rock w/ UGK heavy but it always trips me out when you southern cats say this ? ...

As if the country as a whole knew who the fck UGK was prior to them linking w/ Jay.
  • flacofitz
    flacofitz Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I like krit, juicy still doin his thing,project pat dropped one da best tapes dis year, not a huge cole n rozay fan but dey both nice n ? wit alotta dey ? ,don trip is dope,haven't really heard much gunplay but he coo fr wut I heard n of course dem jets ? always killin it n I ? wit Kidd Kidd......south seem str8 to me

Yela wolf tape was dope too
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Bruh one of Jay-Zs most memorable lines he FLAT OUT STOLE from Bun B(once upon a time not too long ago... you know the rest). Bun B is not just a good southern rapper he is a good rapper period no matter what coast he comes from. Respect a legend bruh and shut your mouth. You were entitled to your opinion until you tried to downplay one of the GOATs to make your point. ? outta here ? .
    I'm still upset this ? said Bun B is overrated. Bruh you clearly never listened to Ridin ? , Super Tight, or ? Money. Bun proved he can spit with the best of them. Bun verse on Big Pimpin >>>>>> Jay-Zs verse on Big Pimpin. Nas shoulda said Bun killed Jay on his own ? . Jay had to add a second verse bruh you serious right now?

Lmao hahaha

lol-he-mad1.jpg
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    The south needs more TI's, Outkast, Killer Mikes just like the North needs more Jay's, Nas' and Dmx's. ? is the point of this thread.

When it comes to southern rappers its like a big ass inside joke that i'm not a part of. Are we not allowed to diss them or some ? ? I'm confused

So we really gon act like the MAJORITY of southern rappers aint ? lyrically? Lol

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the south: Outkast, TI, Ludacris...uh...uh....*running out*...Killer Mike...uh...David Banner!

Cmon people. Lets keep it 100. For the kids.

So u trynna tell me the same doesnt go for EVERY region? Watch this.....

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the north: Jay Z, Nas, Ghostface...uh...uh....*running out*...Talib Kweli...uh...AZ!

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the west: Cube, Tupac, Xzibit...uh...uh....*running out*...Crooked I...uh...Kendrick Lamar!

Cut it out Jack

Do you really wanna go name for name south vs east coast? Do we really need to do that? Lol Cmon fam.

But 1 name shyts on your whole argument: Keith Murray...random as ? right? But he's the perfect example of a dope as rapper that doesnt even come up in discussion b/c the bar is raised higher for East Coast rappers.

There's dozens of Keith Murrays on the east coast -dope as MCs who got lost in the shuffle b/c there so much competition

Meanwhile a southern rapper who annunciates and raps about more than his car and the trap = SOUTHERN LEGEND!

Lets not do this.

? Keith Murray ain't shittin on a muthafuckin thing...

I'll take Bun verses up against anything Keith Murray said...

FOH ? ...

Keith Murray is an example. Plug in any rapper from that era.

So many lyrically dope rappers who didnt blow. Why? B/c their competition was Jay, Big, Nas, Tribe, Wu, Pun, Mos, Lox, Talib, etc.

On the other hand...Now, Bun is nice. But Is he a GOAT rapper? Could he have gon head to head with legends and held his own if THAT was the bar he was held to?

Im 1000% objective, so certain cats absolutely could: Face, 3k, Jay Elec, Phonte...

But imo, Bun B is the prime example.of a good rapper who due to a lowered bar and lesser competiton is overrated by the south.

'to the blind man, the 1 eyed man is king'

that era is over tho.... so if u cant name someone today from NY who isnt from that era who is doper than all the southern mcs yall dissed in here then its no point... I saw someone list a bunch of great southern mcs and i THINK IT WAS U SAID i DONT KNOW 50% of them... thats another problem u cant be making assumptions like that is u aint familiar with the artist.... Mac is a great lyracist and has 2 classic albums to me but no northern cat on this board ever mentions him.... If u only know who the radio plays thats on u... yall get all the music late anyway. ? like Rich Homie Quan and Future been out 2and 3 years before u catch wind

@ bolded implies you agree with my premise tho Lol See i know most cats agree w/ what im sayin, but for SOME reason--- and i've never been able to figure this out---nggas just cant keep it real when it comes to southern artists' lyrics. Like its taboo or sum ?

But you 100% right. Not only is that era over, but the lines are blurred now. You cant tell where half these dudes r from unless they tell you. So many rappers want to BE the south sound-wise b/c it sells. Again, that has nothing tt do w/ lyrical skill.

My stance tho is dont insult my ears by tryin to convince me the south has always been up to par with the east coast rappers lyrically. I have no clue why thats such a hard admission to make for some cats