black people are hypocrites and in general lack critical thinking skills

124»

Comments

• desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T/s

Though his comments were simple minded and ignorant...

its been expressed numerous of times by numerous posters that don lemons comments arent nessarily what makes him a ? , but what he didnt say and the forum which he chose to deliver this "tough love"

Never mind the country’s history of institutional racism and systematic oppressionm which he failed to address

The people who may need the message arent even checking for CNN

Not to mention changing our style of dress and speech won’t help the real-life issues black people face like voter suppression, blk unemployment and racial profiling considering one cannot change the color of their skin

Smh

He just seemed insincere and came across as though he was grandstanding. And its not as if blk people havent been subjected to the same lecture for years and years now so what he said wasnt anything new or should be considered couragous

And Its funny but don lemon would have a fit had some media person gotten on tv telling ? that homophobia is mostly a thing of the past, and that dressing flamboyantly and ? PDA is the source of all their problems

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    lemzola wrote: »
    My only beef with this thread is that it is generalizing Blacks to a large extent. By reading this thread, an ignorant person would say, "wow Black people as a whole really are hypocrites and lack critical thinking skills". If one was to say some or many Blacks suffer from this, yes I would agree.

Anyway, from my observation, it seems the problems of SOME in the Black community is too many reckless baby mamas raising their kids horribly, without being able to afford them. Same with dads bringing kids up in the world without being able to afford them. It creates a terrible cycle, making young kids look at the world negatively because they don't have parents who are there for them enough. Kids shouldn't be raising kids, and broke people shouldn't be raising kids IF they are not in a committed relationship or have a good job and or education behind them. Most of the problems would be solved in the Black community if the broke/young people having kids would not be having kids.

Values and knowledge transmission doesnt require is to be rich.
    You can live with one parent and progress. It all about the transmission of values such as hard work self respect team work critics over hating etc...

I agree people don't have to be rich to raise kids right but they shouldn't be broke or uneducated while having kids either. Kids who grow up in poverty stricken homes are more likely to be desperate for money and commit to a life of crime. It's very rare for kids who grow up in homes where both parents are educated and are not in poverty to live thug life. There's always exceptions but usually, it's kids who grow up in broken homes where education isn't valued who grow up to the never ending cycle of crime, violence, and violent death. Being raised by one parent is fine, as long as the parent isn't desperate for money and can instill education at an early age.....too many households are filled with knuckleheads who can't even raise themselves, worse raise a young child.....
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    lemzola wrote: »
    My only beef with this thread is that it is generalizing Blacks to a large extent. By reading this thread, an ignorant person would say, "wow Black people as a whole really are hypocrites and lack critical thinking skills". If one was to say some or many Blacks suffer from this, yes I would agree.

Anyway, from my observation, it seems the problems of SOME in the Black community is too many reckless baby mamas raising their kids horribly, without being able to afford them. Same with dads bringing kids up in the world without being able to afford them. It creates a terrible cycle, making young kids look at the world negatively because they don't have parents who are there for them enough. Kids shouldn't be raising kids, and broke people shouldn't be raising kids IF they are not in a committed relationship or have a good job and or education behind them. Most of the problems would be solved in the Black community if the broke/young people having kids would not be having kids.

Values and knowledge transmission doesnt require is to be rich.
    You can live with one parent and progress. It all about the transmission of values such as hard work self respect team work critics over hating etc...

I agree people don't have to be rich to raise kids right but they shouldn't be broke or uneducated while having kids either. Kids who grow up in poverty stricken homes are more likely to be desperate for money and commit to a life of crime. It's very rare for kids who grow up in homes where both parents are educated and are not in poverty to live thug life. There's always exceptions but usually, it's kids who grow up in broken homes where education isn't valued who grow up to the never ending cycle of crime, violence, and violent death. Being raised by one parent is fine, as long as the parent isn't desperate for money and can instill education at an early age.....too many households are filled with knuckleheads who can't even raise themselves, worse raise a young child.....

So poor people can't reproduce? Rich people don't avoid crime its more about they don't have as many opportunities to get into illegal action. Poor people do it more out of desperation and it is learned behavior. They commit their own crimes and don't get punished as hard where poor people of all races are treated different. ME Dyson is a successful professor & his brother is in jail for life. Sometimes people make bad choices all alone.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rich people commit immoral and unethical behavior across the world, even though it maybe legal it doesn't mean it's moral or ethical. So the game is do we need a collective mindset or individual or something that it's in between the two?