Pikmin 3 Thread

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
Pikmin_3_box_artwork.png
Pikmin 3 is a real-time strategy video game developed exclusively for the Wii U video game console. It is the direct sequel to the 2004 Nintendo GameCube game Pikmin 2 and is the third game in the Pikmin series. The game was released on July 13, 2013 in Japan, and it will be released on July 26, 2013 in Europe, July 27, 2013 in Australia, and August 4, 2013 in North America.

The game is already out in Japan. These are all in game screenshots pulled directly from MiiVerse:

zlCfzRDeiswD5A31hb
zlCfzRDerd0LuunKGI
zlCfzRDVwv8r15fEuZ
zlCfzRDV-5UNFquzpa
zlCfzRDSk7M4UGB56h
zlCfzRDR92oR3Cnwg7
zlCfzRDa9kwi3Z90pJ
zlCfzRDQ0-QlOeFYLg
zlCfzRDRdBwPwPPCsy
zlCfzRDRjmgHX6Tu8D
zlCfzRDQ0-QlOeFYLg
zlCfzRDTPIIWM4K00O

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Wow HD reallys serves this series well. It looks gorgeous. Too bad I won't be able to play it till December at the earliest because I want to get my hands on it right now.
  • focus
    Options
    Eurogamer: 9/10

"What's most striking, though, is that Pikmin still feels like strategy seen with fresh eyes - strategy, perhaps, by designers who were unconcerned with labelling, and just let their ideas lead them where they wanted to go. Just as the Koppai explorers give each lump of fruit they encounter its own name (cantaloupes become Wayward Moons, limes are reborn as Zest Bombs), Nintendo has transformed a genre traditionally concerned with large-scale warfare into a knee-high epic built of scavenging and babysitting. Survival, not ? . Family, not factions."
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ikmin-3-review
    IGN: 8.8/10

"Pikmin 3 is a delight. There’s nothing else like its gentle combination of exploration, strategy and discovery, and it made me feel both empathy and responsibility for virtual creatures that most games would treat as disposable fodder. It transported me like few other games can, giving the feeling of being a stranger in a strange (but oddly familiar) world. It's over too soon, but it leaves a lasting impression."
    http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/07/22/pikmin-3-review

• focus
    Options
    Picked it up yesterday, played the first couple levels...just getting the 3 sqaudmates together first. Really enjoyin it so far.