Whats do dope about canada?or the uk for that matter.

Options
13»

Comments

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    I find it funny or some ? when Canadians and UK folk on here acting like they countries don't have issues. Yes america is ? up in all kinds of ways but the UK and Canada both have their issues. They both have strong racism and only don't show it cause their countries are more white than america. Canada has had racial issues but they are hidden hell it was in Canada in a preseason game a man threw a banana on the ice when a black NHL player took a penalty shot.

In the UK there is a strong hate for minorities from the middle east and africa. And again the only reason it isn't shown as much is cause white people still have the majority of power. Most minority urban areas are fine. But when a few minority gorups move to mostly white areas its an issue in the UK. Not to mention just like the rest of europe at times there are racist chants in the stands of soccer games and some disgust for african and latin american players who play in the EPL.

I think it's deeper then just not showing it. Racism is imbedded in the culture over here with Americans in the south still wishing for their racist state to rise again. There is also the fact that there were all out race wars here and even a civil war with race being one of the igniting issues. Race in the UK and Canada does exist but i think they nip in in the bud when it appears publicly quicker too because they are quicker to apply anti racism laws to maintain their myth that they are homogeneous.

We just don't see the racism overseas shown on media outlets. I mean that biracial chick on the US womens team experienced allot of racism but it just didn't make the news out there. And the reason race isn't as public is because again white people outnumber and have the most powerful jobs in the UK and Canada so other races aren't as much of a threat. But if the % of blacks or minorities in general jumped in the UK you would see it more publically like in America. Cause in the US central and south american immigrants are becoming so high in population they might be the majority in 15 years. Asians are coming over here in high lengths for jobs they are skilled at as well so again white america feels threatened. Let that happen in Canada and the UK and ? would be juts as hostile as it is at times in america.

White America has felt threatened since they had blacks in chains. At what point weren't they openly racist? Blacks are still marginalized by a large degree even though many found success. The sort of racism you speak on has been a struggle since America conjured parts of Mexico. Those people have always been there and have always outnumbered whites in this hemisphere with their fake borders. It's not like they have to catch a boat or travel over mountains.

Negroids need to stick together regardless of class and origin it that won't ever happen.

How is that a proper response to my statement and why are you nosigning me? Nobody said blacks shouldn't stick together. I was exploring the varying natures of racism in America, Canada, and the UK. Other races were mentioned in comparison. Not blacks.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what about australia?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find it funny or some ? when Canadians and UK folk on here acting like they countries don't have issues. Yes america is ? up in all kinds of ways but the UK and Canada both have their issues. They both have strong racism and only don't show it cause their countries are more white than america. Canada has had racial issues but they are hidden hell it was in Canada in a preseason game a man threw a banana on the ice when a black NHL player took a penalty shot.

In the UK there is a strong hate for minorities from the middle east and africa. And again the only reason it isn't shown as much is cause white people still have the majority of power. Most minority urban areas are fine. But when a few minority gorups move to mostly white areas its an issue in the UK. Not to mention just like the rest of europe at times there are racist chants in the stands of soccer games and some disgust for african and latin american players who play in the EPL.

I think it's deeper then just not showing it. Racism is imbedded in the culture over here with Americans in the south still wishing for their racist state to rise again. There is also the fact that there were all out race wars here and even a civil war with race being one of the igniting issues. Race in the UK and Canada does exist but i think they nip in in the bud when it appears publicly quicker too because they are quicker to apply anti racism laws to maintain their myth that they are homogeneous.

We just don't see the racism overseas shown on media outlets. I mean that biracial chick on the US womens team experienced allot of racism but it just didn't make the news out there. And the reason race isn't as public is because again white people outnumber and have the most powerful jobs in the UK and Canada so other races aren't as much of a threat. But if the % of blacks or minorities in general jumped in the UK you would see it more publically like in America. Cause in the US central and south american immigrants are becoming so high in population they might be the majority in 15 years. Asians are coming over here in high lengths for jobs they are skilled at as well so again white america feels threatened. Let that happen in Canada and the UK and ? would be juts as hostile as it is at times in america.

White America has felt threatened since they had blacks in chains. At what point weren't they openly racist? Blacks are still marginalized by a large degree even though many found success. The sort of racism you speak on has been a struggle since America conjured parts of Mexico. Those people have always been there and have always outnumbered whites in this hemisphere with their fake borders. It's not like they have to catch a boat or travel over mountains.

my point is not to harp on the known race struggles in America but to point out why it seems less publically noted in the UK and Canada. And all civilizations and races have felt threatened by other races and other civilizations including black folk. A corny black rapper comes out and everyone loves him then Macklemore or Mac Miller comes out and hes automatically wack.

Why? Beacause people excuse wack black rappers but anytime a white rapper comes in the game (and still respects hip hop) some black hip hop fans feel threatened. Same with even the earliest tribal warfare in africa where blacks fought wars and some blacks sold other blacks off to slavery.
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our black population in Canada is more middle class than in the states. We have racial problems, just like everywhere else.

But they aren't being followed and shot by neighborhood watchmen.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pfft whatever...the only racism I saw in Canada is they treat the metis and first nation like dogshit. At Least where I stayed, and have plenty of first nation friends that agree. They only racism I saw towards black folk was toward the people coming from the African Nations, immigrants, and they were first nation so I guess ? rolls down hill in a never ending cycle of racism.

Your problems ain't as deep as here in the states no matter what you have to say.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Front'n like every black person in the world is suffering the blight of blacks in the states, cause you ain't.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    my point is not to harp on the known race struggles in America but to point out why it seems less publically noted in the UK and Canada. And all civilizations and races have felt threatened by other races and other civilizations including black folk. A corny black rapper comes out and everyone loves him then Macklemore or Mac Miller comes out and hes automatically wack.
    it's entirely possible these are accurate things to say about Macklemore and Mac Miller

• dr funky resurrected
    dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ever been to Caribana before? Nuff said...
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    Batman. wrote: »
    Plap Star wrote: »
    i dont kno ? bout either country

? em for all i care

And this is why American tourists slap Canadian stickers on their luggage.

canada is the last place i would wanna visit

if we wanted to america would take that ?

but its too lame to be part of this empire

Canada is statistically safer, cleaner, friendlier, less racist and more open minded, and has beautiful women, and way more job opportunities. fact
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    well, the UK does make better quality clothing and chocolate and generally speaking all their products are of better quality than the ones in america or canada
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    northside7 wrote: »
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Shad is better than k-os imo. Duke beat drake for the Juno award

Saw him at a McDonalds looking real bummy.

s.free wrote: »
    We wouldn't have let Zimmermann walk...

? this thread.

True.

In Vancouver?

Nope. In Toronto.
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE START A CARIBANA 2013 THREAD? I HAVE HUNDREDS OF PHOTOS AND VIDS!
    9452969775_c28d0986cf_c.jpg
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    her ? were too big for the costume :)

9453103527_920272730f_c.jpg