Cheap Seats opinions on the Manziel issue?

Options
2»

Comments

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    "and drake just stands for do right and ? everything"

"you gon hype me up and make me catch a body like thaaaaat"

manziel's mom took those lines to heart
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Y'all referencing the double standard that may apply here reminds me of this GOAT quote by Barry Bonds:
    When another writer suggested, upon hearing Bonds bleat about the rigors of travel, that he secure a gig like Roger Clemens has with the Houston Astros, allowing him to skip certain road trips, Bonds smiled superciliously and said, "I ain't white. What world are you living in? I live in reality. They'll never let a black man get away with that."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1032048/3/index.htm

Off topic but I miss that big headed cat
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who gives a ? what a 20 year old does.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only issue I got with this kid is how he keep endin up on my TV for non football related ? .

When did gossip become such a big part of sports? And that's all this ? is... Everybody up in this kid business. I just can't seem to make myself give a ? about what he doin with his own personal time outside of gameday

social media
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His ego went up a notch when he they beat us and when he won The Heisman, now he buck wild like he forgot a new season is about to start
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah the hype got to him and he's wildin. I don't care but I expect the whiteboy to get exposed as a sham this year.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    1) Johnny Football = Joe Kane from The Program

2) His parents need to ? . Respectfuly. They're making it worse. Aint nothin worse than the out of touch, naiive parent

3) "Johnny came back visibly lighter" = 'We got rocks!'

4) It would be a sad day for ALL parents if they put a light on all the ? that their precious college kids 18-21 yr olds do away from home. A sad day.
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    1) Johnny Football = Joe Kane from The Program

2) His parents need to ? . Respectfuly. They're making it worse. Aint nothin worse than the out of touch, naiive parent

3) "Johnny came back visibly lighter" = 'We got rocks!'

4) It would be a sad day for ALL parents if they put a light on all the ? that their precious college kids 18-21 yr olds do away from home. A sad day.

True. Livin that celeb life and he been had his parents money. I think its' a given he gon be garbage this yr.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like Johnny's type is the worst type of troubled athlete.

At least a Lawrence Phillips or Iverson could blame poverty and broken homes.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I feel like Johnny's type is the worst type of troubled athlete.

At least a Lawrence Phillips or Iverson could blame poverty and broken homes.

He's Amanda Bynesing...Lindsey Lohaning... Beibering...

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beiber wanna be a nikka so bad.

Like the real Negrodamus says...

"I hope they start hanging nikkas again, then we'll find out who's really black and who ain't."
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beiber wanna be a nikka so bad.

Like the real Negrodamus says...

"I hope they start hanging nikkas again, then we'll find out who's really black and who ain't."

they always wanna be the cool ? (dumb ? )

I blame
    The ?
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    None of this ? is serious IMO. The situation he got in before last season that had to do with alleged assault or battery was probably more serious...

This tabloid / camera phone ? is wack.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let that cracka cook...
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he better watch out before he end up being Stephen Garcia status
  • proud_babydaddy
    proud_babydaddy Members Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Even though under age drinking happens thats cool. But this freshman need all the help he can get. His oline gone, no real offensive weapons. They surprise a lot of SEC teams. Its about to get real for him.
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    I want to see his ass fail but NCAA tried to set this boy up. I get the feeling kats are out to get him like they was Cam Newton.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9539990/broker-says-johnny-manziel-friend-halted-free-autograph-signings

A prominent autograph broker on eBay, based in the Southeast, said that Nate Fitch -- Johnny Manziel's friend and personal assistant -- approached him last season to let him know that Manziel would no longer be signing autographs for him without compensation, according to ESPN's Joe Schad.

The broker, who spoke to Schad under the condition of anonymity, said that Manziel signed about 50 items for him at the Texas A&M team hotel the night before the Nov. 10 Texas A&M at Alabama game. The person said that Manziel then signed about 200 more items a few days later, with the broker saying he did not compensate Manziel for either of those sessions.

Besides saying that Manziel would no longer sign autographs for free, Fitch, according to the broker, also said he could provide other current standout college football players for autograph sessions in which the players would need to be paid.

The broker, who has shown ESPN a photograph of Manziel signing autographs in what the broker says is Manziel's hotel room, told Schad he declined to answer six calls from the NCAA.

The broker said he stopped using what is known in the industry as a "proof pic" when an attorney representing Manziel contacted eBay and then the broker spoke with that attorney. The broker said JSA, a leading autograph authentication company, was paid $7 apiece to authenticate all of the broker's Manziel signatures.

On Sunday, "Outside the Lines" reported that the NCAA is investigating whether Manziel was paid for signing hundreds of autographs on photos and sports memorabilia in January.

Two sources told "Outside the Lines" that Manziel agreed to sign memorabilia in exchange for a five-figure flat fee during his January trip to Miami for the BCS National Championship Game. Both sources said they witnessed the signing, though neither saw the actual exchange of money.

Three sources said Manziel signed photographs, footballs, mini football helmets and other items at the request of an autograph broker named Drew Tieman. Two sources, who are aware of the signing arrangement, told "Outside the Lines" that Tieman approached Manziel on Jan. 6, when he landed at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport to attend the game between Alabama and Notre Dame the next day.

After that meeting, three sources said, Manziel, accompanied by Fitch, visited Tieman's residence and signed hundreds of items in the main room of the apartment despite the fact there were many people in the room. Before Manziel left South Florida, after taking in the title game, he signed hundreds of autographs more, one source said.

The source also told "Outside the Lines" that James Garland, the NCAA's assistant director of enforcement, in June contacted Tieman and at least one person associated with the signings. The source said Garland, who did not return calls from "Outside the Lines" for comment, told the person that he wanted to talk about Manziel signing items that had appeared for sale on eBay. An NCAA spokeswoman cited NCAA policy to "Outside the Lines" and declined to comment.

If the NCAA investigation finds that Manziel has violated NCAA Bylaw 12.5.2.1 -- accepting money for promoting or advertising the commercial sale of a product or service -- he could be ruled ineligible.

Attempts to reach Manziel were unsuccessful. Tieman did not return multiple calls and text messages. Fitch could not be reached.

In a statement on Sunday, Jason Cook, Texas A&M's senior associate athletic director for external affairs, said "it is Texas A&M's longstanding practice not to respond to such questions concerning specific student-athletes."

Texas A&M declined further comment.

The value of Manziel is clear in the memorabilia and appearance market: Independent merchandiser Aggieland Outfitters recently auctioned off six helmets signed by Manziel and Texas A&M's other Heisman Trophy winner, John David Crow, for $81,000. Texas A&M's booster organization, the 12th Man Foundation, sold a table for six, where Manziel and Crow will sit at the team's Kickoff Dinner later this month, for $20,000.

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    McCarron's mom's got them ?
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To much to fast a Freshman at that LOL.. ? it he doing what all college kids did just to a bigger degree...
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    Mayne they talkin about makin him ineligible for the entire season. Outside the Lines got investigators on the case.
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    I love it. Clowney and Manziel talkin cash money!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/18/manziel-would-love-to-play-against-jadeveon-clowney/
    Will it happen? Not unless Texas A&M and South Carolina meet in the SEC championship game.

But it’s July, so let’s go there anyway.

Though Gamecocks defensive end Jadeveon Clowney was noted most for pointing out which quarterbacks he felt were “scared” of him Tuesday, the preseason Heisman candidate also said he had another QB on his mind: the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, Johnny Manziel.

“Can I get him?” Clowney said via the Dallas Morning News. “Yes, I can get him. How’d I approach him? Full speed. He’s got to make a move on me. I’m going straight. … I’m trying to hit him in the mouth.”

Your response, Mr. Football?

“I would love to play against Jadeveon Clowney,” Manziel said. “I’m not scared of (him) in any way, shape or form.”

And we, America, would love to see it. But both A&M and South Carolina would have to get to Atlanta first.

Clowney ran a 4.46 at summer workouts doe. Ain't no one outrunning in the SEC getting away from him.

• tha fury
    tha fury Members Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Johnny got those hyper religious, bible thumping, naive parents.

"Tattoos go against Texas values"

More pics of McCarron's mom please.