Pain & Gain

2»

Comments

• lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is a film where Anthony Mackie is hulking out on steroids,trying to convince the rock to drink breastmilk,wahlberg is the ? he's been doing lately and the rock(killed it in this)is a Jesus loving coke fiend.imagine that for a Michael bay film.considering all the ? he has put out consistently,this wasn't that bad.

wahlberg calling that kid a tubby little broad and the rock with the barbecue had me dying.

cast make it what it is so credit to bay for that,although he should have cast Mel Gibson at the guy who they ? up if he wanted to torture a Jew.

biggest problem of the film was the tone,it went from being pretty violent to comedic in a flash,even with the ridiculous story it was weird.

film was decent considering I haven't seen this many homosexual undertones in a movie since top gun.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »
    this is a film where Anthony Mackie is hulking out on steroids,trying to convince the rock to drink breastmilk,wahlberg is the ? he's been doing lately and the rock(killed it in this)is a Jesus loving coke fiend.imagine that for a Michael bay film.considering all the ? he has put out consistently,this wasn't that bad.

wahlberg calling that kid a tubby little broad and the rock with the barbecue had me dying.

cast make it what it is so credit to bay for that,although he should have cast Mel Gibson at the guy who they ? up if he wanted to torture a Jew.

biggest problem of the film was the tone,it went from being pretty violent to comedic in a flash,even with the ridiculous story it was weird.

film was decent considering I haven't seen this many homosexual undertones in a movie since top gun.

you do know this was a true story right?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    I watched it. I thought it was what it was. "a over the top. silly, light hearted, crazy comedy about 3 dumb juiced up body builders, who were in way over their heads."

the movie served it purpose imo. good to see Mark Walberg is not too big headed to laugh @ him self. the movie is about 30 minutes to long tho. my fav part was when the rich dude was in the hospital getting interviewed by police and they didn't believe him. that was lol funny.

some of yall and reviewers kinda missed the point and toke it to seriously imo.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw it last night. Solid to me
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marc123 wrote: »
    I watched it. I thought it was what it was. "a over the top. silly, light hearted, crazy comedy about 3 dumb juiced up body builders, who were in way over their heads."

the movie served it purpose imo. good to see Mark Walberg is not too big headed to laugh @ him self. the movie is about 30 minutes to long tho. my fav part was when the rich dude was in the hospital getting interviewed by police and they didn't believe him. that was lol funny.

some of yall and reviewers kinda missed the point and toke it to seriously imo.

might have to do with the story the movie was based on...more serious than the movie made it look, even at its more dark moments
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBossman wrote: »

you do know this was a true story right?

yeah,the film made that pretty clear,

im not aware of the actual story its based on but i can certainly believe it.