Which Little Brother Does The Essence prefer?

2»

Comments

• #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    traestar wrote: »
    I love both albums so much but I personally think that the Gangsta Grills "Separate but Equal" got more bangers on it than both albums. But if I had to choose between the two albums at the beginning of the thread I think I would choose "The Minstrel Show" because that is what introduced me to them.

I copped that first and then worked my way backwards. I wish they would get back together and put out more quality like "The Listening", "Seperate But Equal" and "The Minstrel Show"

The only thing I have to say tho is the Drama version was better IMO, there was alot more epicness with that one!!

"The Label made him do it" LMAO!!!

Yeah the DJ Drama joint was better in my opinion also. I love the joint with Mos Def called "Let it go" and "Speed Racing" with Sky Zoo.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Minstrel Show most definitely. The Listening is damned good, but the growth between the albums is undeniable, making The Minstrel Show the better album.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minstrel show has the slighter edge.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish those guys would get back in the lab and bang out another album
  • kjrain12
    kjrain12 Members Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    The Listening!
  • BrilliantRapscallion
    BrilliantRapscallion Members Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Minstrel show for me, because as much as I loved The Listening, a lot of it sounded like them venting their frustrations at pursuing what they loved, which is justified but after several spins it gets old. The Minstrel show is great imo, because it follows a running concept, and it flows together much nicely. The beats on it were a lot more on-point and everything else like the skits were just ? hilarious. I also loved how they highlighted a lot of the ignorant ? that run rampant in the culture hence the title of course, but the way they did it was just funny.