So where do we place "Rich dad, poor dad" in the pantheon of business books

Options
High Revolutionary
High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in Strictly Business
I read the book back in like '03 and it changed the way I look at life from a business perspective. But I've heard criticisms of it claiming it's all common knowledge and largely fabricated stories.

So where would you place it?

Comments

• F15CHER FOOL
    F15CHER FOOL Members Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't read it yet but they had a seminar here in new Orleans a few years back
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Passive income is the way to go and what you want to continuously set up for yaself
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that book belongs in the trash

Robert Kiyosaki is a great hustler who sold a lot of suckas his book

only financial merit that came from that book was Kiyosaki padding his pockets and parlaying himself into an opportunity giving advice on Yahoo Finance
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options

only financial merit that came from that book was Kiyosaki padding his pockets and parlaying himself into an opportunity giving advice on Yahoo Finance

Damn tell em how you really feel.

You don't feel it didn't at least introduce a new way of thinking to someone who may not have looked at finance that way before though?
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn tell em how you really feel.

You don't feel it didn't at least introduce a new way of thinking to someone who may not have looked at finance that way before though?

nope........? was a bunch of cliches that pandered to the financially vulnerable and ignorant

it's games beyond the game always..............yet there are cats who can quote his book word for word yet to this day still don't recognized what happened

I'm unique in the fact that before I read a book, I research the author 1st

dude had way too many discrepancies in his background for me to take his ? seriously

they might as well have sold it with the comic books haha

you would learn more just reading the WSJ for a week or two
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They say dude is a conman and didn't get rich from his business savvy, but by making ppl buy this book

That's the real lesson
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    his credibility might be in question

But for ME this was the first book that showed me you become wealthy off your dreams/ideas and not some random act of luck or for the select few.

I always looked at dreaming as a form of entertainment - not the breeding ground for manifesting great thangs.

yea could have done that with any other book - but it was what worked for me in '02
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's been proven that There is no rich dad. He's a fraud.