Kendrick Lamar(Shots Fired!!!!) "Control"

Options

Comments

• G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    @judahxulu

Everybody knows Drake can spit so him throwing some heat at Kendrick would do nothing to his credibility. As far as contradicted Kendrick on GKMC, at the end of the day everybody is a walking 'contradiction', everybody has that good and evil and him trying to be good coming up in an environment like that the most authentic thing would be for the album to walk that line. Don't just assume that he's on a label like Interscope that he's going to flip, because I was concerned about that as well, but he's remained consistent in his content and everything since the Kendrick Lamar EP. I been up on dude since like 2009 and when I saw that he maintained his artistry I knew he was the real deal. Don't act like dude didn't have songs like Michael Jordan and ? and Patron before he blew up.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    @judahxulu

Everybody knows Drake can spit so him throwing some heat at Kendrick would do nothing to his credibility. As far as contradicted Kendrick on GKMC, at the end of the day everybody is a walking 'contradiction', everybody has that good and evil and him trying to be good coming up in an environment like that the most authentic thing would be for the album to walk that line. Don't just assume that he's on a label like Interscope that he's going to flip, because I was concerned about that as well, but he's remained consistent in his content and everything since the Kendrick Lamar EP. I been up on dude since like 2009 and when I saw that he maintained his artistry I knew he was the real deal. Don't act like dude didn't have songs like Michael Jordan and ? and Patron before he blew up.

and i never liked those kind of songs from him.. i mean spiteful chant aint no positive joint but the ? is AUTHENTIC.. i dont like dislike dude but he aint the type of artist id listen to his whole album straight through. of course it got mad flows and clever ? ..but it FEELS empty to me except for songs here and there ive perused of his over the years. maybe becuase im not his peer..some ? just sounds stupid to me cause im a grown ass man with children, other responsibilities and a business.his strength is his stage show and his breath control. that mnakes him and thats not a bad thing. im not assuming ? . i know how that ? go... nobody is going to give you millions to say anything to threaten their position.. common sense bruh... and besides, you ? prematurely blow people up
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    wheres the emcees with the power to do this??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj9SeMZE_Yw

Funny thing is that many of the old heads used to hate ? like that back in the day cause they couldn't get enough of their west coast gangsta ? . Socially conscious rap is hated by many across the board. The reason why Interscope gave K Dot that promotion of GKMC is because they want to see if the concept of a young MC striving for positivity with skill can sell albums. Apparently it did and they are trying to steer the direction of Hip Hop because they know that the Water Well of Unpredictability and negativity has run dry. We have stretched negativity to its very limits with the likes of Keef and Gucci Mane in the game. You can't get more non lyrical and negative than them 2 ? .

Now they have no choice but to promote skilled artists that promote something with substance because that ratchet ? is no longer profitable. Why else the likes of Waka Flocka, French, Keef, Trinidad James, and even Future underperformed or flopped this past year? By all means, they have singles that dominate the radio and the clubs, but they still flopped cause their audiences believe that their era is coming to an end.

It all comes in full circle when the corporate powers exploited rap for too long. Now they have to get their act together or else they will disappear. Especially in the age of the internet.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Aint been here in a min. FOF time?
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    welp... it was good while it lasted
    obamayawn.gif
  • judahxulu
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    wheres the emcees with the power to do this??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj9SeMZE_Yw

Funny thing is that many of the old heads used to hate ? like that back in the day cause they couldn't get enough of their west coast gangsta ? . Socially conscious rap is hated by many across the board. The reason why Interscope gave K Dot that promotion of GKMC is because they want to see if the concept of a young MC striving for positivity with skill can sell albums. Apparently it did and they are trying to steer the direction of Hip Hop because they know that the Water Well of Unpredictability and negativity has run dry. We have stretched negativity to its very limits with the likes of Keef and Gucci Mane in the game. You can't get more non lyrical and negative than them 2 ? .

Now they have no choice but to promote skilled artists that promote something with substance because that ratchet ? is no longer profitable. Why else the likes of Waka Flocka, French, Keef, Trinidad James, and even Future underperformed or flopped this past year? By all means, they have singles that dominate the radio and the clubs, but they still flopped cause their audiences believe that their era is coming to an end.

It all comes in full circle when the corporate powers exploited rap for too long. Now they have to get their act together or else they will disappear. Especially in the age of the internet.

maybe old heads on the west coast but i was rocking with this when it came out..hard. ? bomb squad yo??!!it aint like now. the dominant sound was just straight up emceeing..the majority of which had "messages". if it was about gangsta ? tho where im from we was all about the geto boys. they were realer than nwa by a long shot and they didnt bite their tongues on deep and political ? . just real ass, multifaceted hood ? . nwa was known fakes from the jump...except for eazy. he was bout that legend had it . at least the dope selling part. but ignorant ? was just catching steam and wouldnt start dominate for a nother couple years.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    are you getting paid by tde or interscope? or are you dre's sidepiece ? ?

Why are you catching feelings just because ? dont agree with your take that Kendric is wack, or slaughted house? you got a right to your opinion and the rest of us that aint tone def got a right to ours. Fall back wit the corny jokes that make us question your sexual preference.

No ? @ this guy thinking of men bein other mens side pieces in a hip hop convo
    ? outta here wit ? thoughts

? please. dre is a known ? and any ? that runs with a ? is suspect. plus gravitation is one too so that was that. we ? batty bwoys up round my way. think im ? then send your broad my way and ill record some evidence to the contrary, bruh. i nmever said kendrick was wack...he has talent but hes being overhyped and hes out out waaaay better ? than that long , boring, partially bitten and name dropping verse. ? is saying its so hiphop but the verse violates some very cardinal rules of the foundation... i allready mentioned the ? has talent but he is lyrically only slightly above average. ab-soul is better. you simple minded ? think everything is black and white. im dealing with the song and my thoughts around it. dont ? respond to ? that im not saying ? . i still listen to section 80... this verse was a ? and not classy or poetic. its some attention ? classic interscope ? . they have a pattern of sending artists off on that ? . its cheap. not the revival of hip-hop. get off the lil ? ? so he can fully develop into his potential. he aint been around long enough like that to put himself out there in that manner but let u internet stans tell it.... i promise you, i believ drake is going to make some ? to ? that kids world up...and channel all that anger from all the abuse he been taking for his fruity ways into that diss.. drake is a pillow biter but that ? more lyrical than kendrick. he hold back on his mainstream ? . kendrick gave his all and is gassing out. you can pick a fight that huge and go in with haymakers. thats ? kid ? .

Lol @ Drake Mr. "like a sprained , ankle I aint nothing to play wit" bein more lyrical. Like I said you have a right to your opinion but I highly disagree with that one. And it DONT makeme an ? (again, stop showin me your feelings are hurt enough to cuss at me lol.you actin like Drake would act) Drake aint nothing but a simp ? giving the young black male society a metrosexual aura of influence (More so than you can ever say Dr. Dre ever did)cryin to ? . If Common handes him his own ass all kicked around I dought Drake ready to jump in the arena with the swiftness.

The only thing I agree with you on is you're right about 1 thing and I mean1 thing only!......

It definitely wasnt one of Kendricks best verses or even his top 3. because Ive heard and still listen to tons of his uderground ? ! But thats what makes this ? so amazing in terms of him waking up the whole rap game with this ? . Just because you didnt feel the particulars of the verse doesnt mean he didnt put a shot of adrenaline in the rap game wit it. I mean he had ? that havent been relevant for a long time, Im talkin bout they 15 minutes of fameBeen came and went coming outta the grave to record responces that you could tell they put they all into. I mean come on man Jaz the female 106 & Park rapper? Mickey ? Facts? Papoose? Where the hell have these people been prior? Got legends like Big Dady Kane talkin about it.Dont downplay the facts. And the fact Ken did this without it bein one of his better ? he spat Is more of an indictment on the rap game being soft as ? with too many metrosexual fans such as yourself and others who follow and condoned the Drakish ways of the world today. Imagine if the ? Really went in like he did on some of them mixtapes and freestyles pshhh thats why the people he name dropped have no hope of ? with him. They scared to respond and the guy went in Half speed!!! Irrelevant bums like Shyne are steppin up better than these sissies he called out!!!! That should tell you all you need to know.

and I like the fact he called out names. Too much Drake mentality in artist and fans that like that subliminal ? Ol " took my style but I swear I never loaned it" WHO AM I TALKIN BOUT? ass ? . get some courage you cowardly lions!
  • judahxulu
    Options
    all them ? meterosexual tho..thats you ? new school style period. im not a drake fan ? . i hate ALL OF THEM ? lol. they bore the ? out of me. aint no courage in calling out ? name in this era ? ! maybe in the 90s. all ? gonna do is cry or respond. either way they look like ? . btw..? you calling me a drake fan but you know more lines than me. im judging off the strength of him hosting battles and his pre-young money spits. you dumb ? act like the only rappers that exist are 1) signed or 2) talked about in YOUR circles. ? no. aint nothing ? about saying the new ? names but you buffering the diss quietly and then screaming the rah rah ? ... that verse shows ? tendecies bruh. that was not bold. it was one big ass subliminal hidden in a rant. and a fallacy. nothing he says is going to end any ? career of other people on UMG unless the BOSSES want that. corporate amerikkka determines whos hot, whos on top of the game and got all kind of psychological hacks to MAKE you like ? . this is fact. a ? part of a machine like that has no business spitting like he just some hip-hop dude. ? is an employee calling out other employees under the same parent company. you ? are gullible for hype. softheaded for game.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    i ab soul wasntr as odd looking..hed be put in this position right now. that ? the ? leader of they crew! that lets u know it aint about spitting... ? a business, g. all this ? is calculated
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread getting ruined FoF this ? please
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm gonna pretend these last few pages never happened
This discussion has been closed.