Was RVD Right to Criticize TNA?

DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9qQsFPN8FA

Didn't these same guys call RVD fat and lazy a year ago.

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Kevin Castle loathes TNA so I won't even bother listening to his bias ass opinion. In my opinion it was pretty unprofessional because he kept blaming everybody but the real culprit for his mediocre run, himself. But hey the fans put RVD in his place all over the net after he rambled and he caught feelings and even tried to backtrack to little avail and exposed himself even more. Bottom line he's back where he belongs working slower matches that make him stand out more and both TNA and WWE are better off because of it.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1: yes he was right to criticize TNA. I don't see the problem either, for years TNA has been a haven for guys who have been ? at WWE. At one point it seemed like I would never see an episode of Impact where a guy didnt take a shot at WWE. Rhino, Christian, Billy Gunn, etc

#2: TNA isn't the promotional machine WWE is and that's Rob's fault for thinking it could or would be. In fact WWE isnt even as good as a promotional giant as it used to be.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well its partly his fault that he wasnt noticed in tna, he was bullshittin a bit, he shouldnt have been countin on tna to make him relevant, he shoulda been making them more relevant, but i can definitely understand how he felt they were unprofessional, they seem to have been on some ? lately
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relevant to who's eyes.....? The mainstream, such as TMZ, Entertainment Tonight, E! Hollywood? Or relevant to wrestling fans?

TNA has NEVER been a promotional organization; an organization that when they signed a major pro wrestler, it never made media headlines. The best it's ever done was score Kurt Angle and Hulk Hogan and MSN might have put a link up for it. Even when Ric Flair shook down TNA for some money, it didn't matter, because of the track record of lack luster exposure the company has for its talent and itself. Not even major celebrities mess with TNA to make an appearance to promote a movie or album. TNA can only grab low level B/C/D class celebrities like Angela, J-Wow, Ronnie from Jersey Shore, and NASCAR drivers. They couldn't go after or even get Snooki, which would have been news for the company.

So RVD signing with this blackhole of a company didn't do him any favors. All it did was audition him for another run in WWE. And that's all TNA is for most known wrestlers that are on the outs with WWE, a safe haven. Once guys condition themselves and get back into some sort of ring shape, develop their character a little more, and stay drug free, the WWE will show some attention for a potential spot, depending on how big of a name you were when you left.

Most guys who have a name go from WWE - TNA - and back to WWE, then either don't mention where they've been for the past few years, or trash TNA in some capacity during a work-shoot promo or interview. It's the norm, and to be expected.