who is the more powerful alien/ demigod /villian.

Options
2»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ you discounting established fact just because you feel like it. Thanos knows hundreds of martial arts from all over the Universe. That's a fact. Gamora is believed to be one of the greatest martial artists in the MU, and she was hand trained by Thanos. Your point is invalid anyway. He's not even depicted fighting Hand to Hand very often. More often than not he's using energy blasts or tech of some kind. A brute like the Hulk wouldn't have beaten Champion the way Thanos did. Thor would never have outsmarted Tyrant in a fight to come out of the confrontation with what he wanted like Thanos did. Thanos may be a brick in the sense that he can take a lot of damage, but he's not a brute because very few of his fights come down to pure slugfests even when he's fighting pure sluggers.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the beyonder
    Are we counting the Celestials too? Anyone mention Adam Warlock?
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a lot of emotions in here.
  • movingfeet
    movingfeet Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Now let me say this: Darkseid did solve the anti-life equation and damn near destroyed every thing and quote on quote "killed" batman also Darkseid has his own armada on command to ? some ? up.

Thanos on the other hand completed tasks that he started out to do : was owner of the infinity gauntlet twice and only gave it up cause he was tricked : CHECK

became ? : CHECK

Now Darkseid did complete his goal BUT Thanos on the other hand just makes plans and accomplishes said plans then tries to top himself.

Both actually met and admired each other's ambitions and they both have ability to plan and dominate whom ever they want when they want.

But Where as Darkseid has an army to conquer ? and if he want's to can do it by himself but Thanos does his dirt BY HIS LONESOME with no help.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    movingfeet wrote: »
    Now let me say this: Darkseid did solve the anti-life equation and damn near destroyed every thing and quote on quote "killed" batman also Darkseid has his own armada on command to ? some ? up.

Thanos on the other hand completed tasks that he started out to do : was owner of the infinity gauntlet twice and only gave it up cause he was tricked : CHECK

became ? : CHECK

Now Darkseid did complete his goal BUT Thanos on the other hand just makes plans and accomplishes said plans then tries to top himself.

Both actually met and admired each other's ambitions and they both have ability to plan and dominate whom ever they want when they want.

But Where as Darkseid has an army to conquer ? and if he want's to can do it by himself but Thanos does his dirt BY HIS LONESOME with no help.

The funny thing is Thanos actually does have an army. He just never uses those MFers.

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, I like Thanos also but from what I've read it's his devious mind that puts him in high ranking. His power level is pretty strong, but no where near the top people. Hell, didn't Drax ? him by simply punching a hole in Thanos' chest and pulling out his heart?
    it's not just his intellect, it's his raw power. Thanos is one of the most powerful folks in marvel before you get into the skyfather range..Drax was able to ? him because he was specifically designed to ? Thanos. It took many incarnations of Drax to come about before the right incarnation was capable of doing it. Basically, Drax was Thanos' kryptonite

• jaxn
    Options
    out of that list, it's pre-retcon Beyonder and Surtur
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkseid
    If beyonder is pre retcon he is up there...Surtur is also above Thanos and seid. Damn I flubbed up in this thread
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    darkseid
    If beyonder is pre retcon he is up there...Surtur is also above Thanos and seid. Damn I flubbed up in this thread
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    the beyonder
    Surfer is not above Thanos lol, Thanos plays around with Thor and Surfer

He almost beat Surfer to death with his fists
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    darkseid
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Surfer is not above Thanos lol, Thanos plays around with Thor and Surfer

He almost beat Surfer to death with his fists

It says Surtur my ?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    the beyonder
    lol my b, yea Surter is pretty much Odin level and Thanos cant beat Odin at least not without some prep
  • jaxn
    Options
    Surtur is more powerful than Odin
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    the beyonder
    Nah I cant cs that, Odinforce is all of his brothers + father's power and Thorforce is even stronger than that

He can hang with him though
  • jaxn
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Surtur is more powerful than Odin..that's why Odin and crew ? bricks whenever the idea that Surtur breaking free is hinted. Surtur is a big problem, especially if he has access to his sword. Odin has to use magic to contain Surtur. He can't outright defeat him. The Odinforce came about because of Odin, along with his brothers Ve and Vili actually fighting Surtur..they couldn't beat him. They decided to destroy his sword and in the process temporarily bfr Surtur, however Surtur came back and was coming for the brothers. Odin managed to make it into the portal for the 9 realms, while his brothers didn't. Odin was blasted or something and when he awoken, he had the combined ability of his brothers, along with his power, thus creating the Odinforce iirc (this is prior to the Serpent's retcon btw). The Thorforce is the Odinforce unless you're referencing Thor during the Ragnarok storyline.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    darkseid
    @jaxn Odin absorbed all or surtur's power. He usually beats him once he decides he doesn't mind destroying things.
  • jaxn
    Options
    was this in the Thor Annual from long ago?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the beyonder
    I know I put fin fang foom on the list only because I didn't realize what marvel has done to him. I saw a youtube video yesterday on his origin and history. I didn't realize marvel turned him into a joke. he was running ? in that 95 iron man cartoon 2nd season when it was just iron man and war machine and a couple of iron man comic books I had from the late 80's.
  • jaxn
    Options
    fin fang foom or the mandarin?