Options

Comments

• Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Aug. 31 LSU vs. TCU
    The Suspension Bowl
    TCU coach Gary Patterson was openly critical of the way LSU’s Les Miles handled the suspension of running back Jeremy Hill, who was allowed to play in the opener after a team vote. Miles has not committed to levying a suspension as part of Hill’s punishment after the running back violated probation by being charged with simple battery, but Patterson was not impressed. Patterson, it’s worth noting, suspended defensive end Devonte Fields for two games for a violation of team rules and kicked key players off the team last Februrary when they were arrested as part of a campus drug investigation. “My whole team would vote Devonte to be back on the team because they all want to win,” Patterson told reporters. “But that don’t teach life lessons.”

TCU defensive end Devonte Fields will be suited up and on the sidelines for TCU’s season opener against LSU on Saturday night at AT&T Stadium

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/08/26/5109300/suspended-tcu-de-devonte-fields.html#storylink=cpy

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Website that lets you compare schools stats (wins, heisman winners, records vs another team, etc.....)

http://www.winsipedia.com/
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4 Jameil Holieway days till kickoff.

We went into the 1985 season with Troy Aikman as our starting QB. Aikman got hurt, Holieway stepped in -- and we still won the National Title.

8f75e9205d11db161fa120ee734ae4d99ef924f3.jpg?x=461&y=662&sig=6e4b2da828fc3c8e51293d6f7c53e985l.jpg

Switzer recruited Troy by telling him we would run a "classic" pistol offense with him, but even when Troy got healthy we kept Holieway in because the option was running so perfect. Troy felt some kind of way about it and transferred to UCLA.

Which is why this picture is so etherous...

1994-8-1Switzer.jpg

Special shout out to...

YM5uFTY.jpg

...And Malcom X-button Kelly.

kttGQNm.jpg
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Website that lets you compare schools stats (wins, heisman winners, records vs another team, etc.....)

http://www.winsipedia.com/

Jesus Christ we're ranked top 10 in every stat but bowl wins. It's like OSU is the Peyton manning of the NCAA
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Nobody been #1 more than us. That's wassup.

Damn shame that we're the only program with enough integrity to not count fake national titles.

I feel some type of way about Nebastard having more conference championships than us. *shrug*
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I fuxx with Bob Stoops' scheduling style overall. He ain't scared of no schools or no conferences, but damn -- For once I would like us to have a season without a lose/lose season opener.

Every year we play some mid-level school at damn near midnight on opening weekend.

It's lose/lose because...

If we win by 70 points (like we did in '07 against North Texas)... It's because it's "North Texas".

If it's a close game (like UAB in '06) or not quite a blow-out (like UTEP last year, 24-7)... It's a "moral victory for them, and a moral lawse for us."

And if Gawd forbid we lose (like TCU in '05) then we "choked" or some ? .

I would love to trade places with Virginia Tech right now and play Bama. Especially with the youngsters and new starters we got, they need something to play "up" to.

Tired of playing "not to lose" in every opener.
  • tha bause
    Options
    We haven't had a good out of conference game since we played Miami 4 years ago. Our schedule is too soft and that's what s ? us up in bowl games.

Not everyone plays slow and boring like Wisconsin or Michigan state
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    tha bause wrote: »
    We haven't had a good out of conference game since we played Miami 4 years ago. Our schedule is too soft and that's what s ? us up in bowl games.

We beat yall 2 years ago.
  • tha bause
    Options
    tha bause wrote: »

We beat yall 2 years ago.

Yeah that was Braxton millers freshman year and we had that weak interim coach Luke fickell. We went 6-7 that year

But Terrelle Pryor wrecked yall the year before
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    Smh don't really play a marquee team until USC in 2015. We got UCLA next year in Arlington though.
  • tha bause
    Options
    I think we reup'd with Texas and we have Oregon in 2020-21 but that's too far away
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh don't really play a marquee team until USC in 2015. We got UCLA next year in Arlington though.

kanye-power-stare-o.gif

Can't Wait.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    ? we got two top 10 teams the first two weeks

aint-even-mad.gif
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    BDB wrote: »

kanye-power-stare-o.gif

Can't Wait.

You're gonna have to wait longer than that lol. USC and Texas play a home and home series starting in 2017. I got yall mixed up with Notre Dame.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    For the third time in the past four years, LSU will begin its season against a nationally-ranked opponent at a neutral site this Saturday. LSU is 8-0 in Season openers under Les Miles. The Tigers haven’t lost a non-conference regular season game since falling at Virginia Tech, 26-8, in the 2002 season opener in Blacksburg, Va., on Sept. 1. Which is also the last time they lost in a season opener.

Sept. 10, 2005: No. 5 LSU 35, No. 15 Arizona State 31 at Tempe
    Sept. 2, 2006: No. 8 LSU 45, Louisiana-Lafayette 3 at Tiger Stadium
    Aug. 30, 2007: No. 2 LSU 45, Mississippi State 0 at Starkville
    Aug. 30, 2008: No. 6 LSU 41, Appalachian State 13 at Tiger Stadium
    Sept. 5, 2009: No. 11 LSU 31, Washington 23 at Seattle
    Sept. 4, 2010: No. 21 LSU 30, No. 18 North Carolina 24 at Atlanta (Ga.)
    Sept. 3, 2011: No. 4 LSU 40, No. 3 Oregon 27 at Arlington (Tex.)
    Sept. 1, 2012: No. 3 LSU 41, North Texas 14 at Tiger Stadium

LSU will put a Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) record on the line again in the season-opener as the Tigers have won 41 consecutive non-conference regular season games dating back to the 2002 season.
  • greenwood1921
    Options

UCLA ain't no punk. "Playoffs??!" Junior got that program on the upswing.

Besides...

...they ? on y'all at home in 2011 when they were garbage-truck juice.

Oh, u thought we forgot?

*Krit voice*

"Naaaaawwww playuh."

• HustleThaDon
    Options
    That's why I brought the game up in the first place.....
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »
    Aug. 31 LSU vs. TCU
    The Suspension Bowl
    TCU coach Gary Patterson was openly critical of the way LSU’s Les Miles handled the suspension of running back Jeremy Hill, who was allowed to play in the opener after a team vote. Miles has not committed to levying a suspension as part of Hill’s punishment after the running back violated probation by being charged with simple battery, but Patterson was not impressed. Patterson, it’s worth noting, suspended defensive end Devonte Fields for two games for a violation of team rules and kicked key players off the team last Februrary when they were arrested as part of a campus drug investigation. “My whole team would vote Devonte to be back on the team because they all want to win,” Patterson told reporters. “But that don’t teach life lessons.”

TCU defensive end Devonte Fields will be suited up and on the sidelines for TCU’s season opener against LSU on Saturday night at AT&T Stadium

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/08/26/5109300/suspended-tcu-de-devonte-fields.html#storylink=cpy

He gon need everybody suited up..

He know his players ain't gon last on the field against my squad.

We gon beat the ? by 30+ by running up the score on these ? ? in their own backyard...
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Iono, bruh. TCU has never played the same as they look on paper. And actually their recruiting has spiked in the last few years.

Don't expect a lay-down. They don't have ? to lose. They're not a SEC team and they haven't been in the Big XII long enough really give a ? either way. This is the opportunity that they wanted a few years ago when they went undefeated.

I'd be surprised if the deficit is more than 2 scores.
  • caddo man
    Options
    2015 already turning out great for recruiting.

Already armed with five-star commitment Kevin Toliver II of Jacksonville, Fla. the Tigers added arguably their state's top cornerback in East St. John junior Xavier Lewis, who offered his pledge to LSU Head Coach Les Miles.

"It was a matter of whenever I felt right," Lewis said. "If I felt it I was going to do it and if I didn't, I was just going to wait."

Lewis approximated he started "feeling it" about three weeks ago and decided to bring his recruiting process to a close when close friend University High running back Nicholas Brossette also committed to LSU on Monday.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Switzer says college athletes should not be paid to play

DALLAS — In recent years there has been a groundswell of support that college athletes should be paid for the work they do and funds they generate for their university.

But don’t count Barry Switzer among that group.

Because students on NCAA Division I athletic scholarships attend college without paying for tuition, books and room and board, Switzer believes those students have already cashed in on the college experience.

“I just look at it that they’re getting paid already,” Switzer told the Star-Telegram. “A football player has a scholarship, got a place to live, he’s got a brand new dorm room at Oklahoma, a great chow hall.

“They’re giving them their books free, they’re giving them a $500,000 scholarship. What the hell are you talking about!”

One of the all-time top coaches in NCAA history, Switzer coached Oklahoma to three national titles, a 157-29-4 record and 12 Big 8 titles from 1973-88.

His 83.7 winning percentage ranks among the best of any college coach, and he also was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame in 2002.

In essence, Switzer has grown tired of debate after debate on whether college athletes should be drawing a paycheck from their college. Yet, he does believe they deserve a stipend.

“You’re never going to get it done because of Title IX,” Switzer said. “You’ve got a lot of girls that need help just as much as the guys.

“They’re just as poor, too, and they need a stipend or something. I look at women’s sports and men’s sports, and I look at it on a need basis, a financial need basis.”

Do you agree?
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    I think TCU/LSU gonna be close for a half then that Les Miles oversigning is gonna take over and LSU pulls away
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    I think TCU/LSU gonna be close for a half then that Les Miles oversigning is gonna take over and LSU pulls away

Makes sense.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Damn, so texass got 4-star starting D-linemen quitting a week before the season?

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/27/texas-dt-abruptly-decides-to-transfer/

Mack Brown was like "Can't wait to play Oklahoma and get revenge! Who's with me?!"

That ? was like...

nah-man.gif
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would like for my son to play football.

I mean he got good genes from my side and my girl side of the family.

But living in the Dallas area that mean he would he choosing from OU and UT. Cuz that's their territory.

Lord help me if he's a great athlete