Did the Indianapolis Colts tank a whole season to get Andrew Luck TO AVOID actual rebuilding?

Options
2»

Comments

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    going 2-14 to going 11-5??

sounds like a win to me
    daft-punk.gif
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dead @ all them years of great winning records and only one superbowl win. lol
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    The Braves of the NFL?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    The Braves of the NFL?
    The Mavs even...

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Overall in all those years that makes them more successful than 80% of the league's teams.

Nothing to be 'dead' about

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

Overall in all those years that makes them more successful than 80% of the league's teams.

Nothing to be 'dead' about

Werd. U can subtract the Super Bowl win and they would still be better off than most squads.

Nikkas ? me thinkin a winning season without winning it all is the same (or worse) than being straight garbage.

If that's the case, then I'd like to see the reaction on a owners face when he's about to fire his coach for winning 2 games last year, and the coach says....

"but wait... I know I only won 2 games an' ? , but if you think about it -- I didn't win it all and neither did 30 other teams. Feel me?

Owner reaction...

cuban2.gif
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please close this ? thread
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    who was their qb? curtis painter? nah. they just sucked

You know the QB argument just doesnt do enough for me, cuz Ive seen a guy named.. whats his face the Christian QB from Florida... take a Broncos team to the playoffs and bounce The Steelers out the playoffs and now he's a 3rd string QB for new England... forgot his name tho.

defense had just a big a part in that run, if not bigger

Yeah, I wonder why this is always forgotten. The Denver defense manage to hold opposing offenses in check despite the fact that they were on the field all game because of the ineffectiveness of their offense. In other words, Denver's defense was good enough that if the offense managed to do anything, they could win. The Colts were organized in the opposite way. Their offense was good enough that if the defense managed to do anything, winning was pretty much guaranteed. Then they lost the centerpiece to that offense. That's a heavy blow.

? remember how bad the colts run defense was the year they won the SB? then they played the chiefs first round and it was like they was shuttin all that ? down

Chiefs, ravens, and pats all 3 teams who had a rb that could ? on that run defense but they stepped it up