Someone explain the witch hunt for ARod for me?

Options
13»

Comments

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was funny....I kept telling my boys I think Alex Rodriguez is overrated and something is off about him and then the PED scandals happen....hahahahaha
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    They are singling him out... Until they tell all the names on that list in 03 they hypocrites for goin that far with bonds Clemons and now arod. I'm telling u they buried names of a lot if guys ie Tod Helton ... I bet pujols used too.

2 DJ's just got fired for saying that w/o evidence about Pujols and now are facing a possible lawsuit from him. He might be someone who didn't use

all dem ? using.... u see his body start breaking down right after he left St Louis....
  • aneed123
    Options
    the way they flipped on Arod is hilarious to me.... I remember when he was the anti Bonds golden boy they was pushing.... soon as he got that big money deal with Texas the media flipped on him and passed the torch to Pujols.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    It was funny....I kept telling my boys I think Alex Rodriguez is overrated and something is off about him and then the PED scandals happen....hahahahaha

What makes A-Rod overrated.... and nevermind the PED scandal cause you already were thinking this about him..

• manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A-Rod is overrated??? WTF?? Are you familiar with his stats?? HGH or not, this ? still have to put in work in the gym and hit them runs. I swear ? think of steroids and HGH as some magic pill anyone can take and immediately start jumping out the gym or killing homeruns. ? don't work like that
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

A-Rod is overrated??? WTF?? Are you familiar with his stats?? HGH or not, this ? still have to put in work in the gym and hit them runs. I swear ? think of steroids and HGH as some magic pill anyone can take and immediately start jumping out the gym or killing homeruns. ? don't work like that

There are studies done where people using roids and not working out have actually gained more fat free mass than people not using and working out.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101

That's an example of one.
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hate when people say ? like this..."Yeah he's roided up but he still had to have that hand eye coordination"...so did the other hundreds of players that weren't roided up and instead of hitting HRs they were flying out to center.

Word to a recent Kenny Lofton rant about that very thing.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the worst part about it is this is ? baseball.
    its like competitive golf. its ? boring to watch.
    the ped abusers made the ? exciting with the homeruns and saved the sport.
    its like all those old baseball simulator games back in the day with the power ups n ? .
    it was fun.
    ? it make a non ped testing league an put that ? in canada
  • aneed123
    Options
    roids help a lot... healing/hgh npop ups and flyouts now are homeruns.... just like watching college and little league with aluminum bats... ? getting jammed or being late on the ball but its still homeruns
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    ? ass Dempster got a 5 game suspension

He wasn't pitching in the next five games anyway

Yea that was some ? on the part of MLB. Seems like they condone what Dempster did.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ass Dempster got a 5 game suspension

He wasn't pitching in the next five games anyway

Yea that was some ? on the part of MLB. Seems like they condone what Dempster did.
    That's the point of this thread between the MLB and the Yankees ? are really trying to ride on ARod
  • manofmorehouse
    Options
    So let's eliminate all PED's completely. Let's also eliminate lasik eye surgery for pitchers. Then watch how "great" baseball becomes. Whether you want to admit it or not, Baseball was on its last ? leg prior to Mcgwire and Sosa's homerun record chase. Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, and A-Rod saved this ? game, and all those tickets sales and merchandising licenses are owed to steroids. Take them out at this point, and you might as well get rid of MLB altogether. That "America's past time" ? has been taken over by the NFL for years now. Keep asking for what you really don't want and you'll definitely get it. People under age 35 are not checking for MLB in large numbers. Watch what this continued witch hunt does to the game
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No ? given about A-Rod.
    ? that ? and his MVP season on a last-place team.
  • manofmorehouse
    Options
    The thing is that roids take away from other stories in the MLB. The Cabrera chase for a 2nd triple crown, Chris Davis surge this season chasing 61, Puig coming out of nowhere and leading the Dodgers to first place and World Series favorites, the Pirates somehow in first place, plenty of races going on...this has literally been one of the most exciting seasons of baseball in a long ass time. Unfortunately, all this PED ? ruins those stories and the focus becomes things like ARod and Braun finally coming clean.

How long until we find out Cabrera is juicing?? Or Chris Davis?? Or Puig? You don't get it. Steroids/PED's aren't something only a select few are doing. The ? is widespread.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Puig got a cannon for an arm tho
  • manofmorehouse
    Options
    The thing is that roids take away from other stories in the MLB. The Cabrera chase for a 2nd triple crown, Chris Davis surge this season chasing 61, Puig coming out of nowhere and leading the Dodgers to first place and World Series favorites, the Pirates somehow in first place, plenty of races going on...this has literally been one of the most exciting seasons of baseball in a long ass time. Unfortunately, all this PED ? ruins those stories and the focus becomes things like ARod and Braun finally coming clean.

How long until we find out Cabrera is juicing?? Or Chris Davis?? Or Puig? You don't get it. Steroids/PED's aren't something only a select few are doing. The ? is widespread.

You just proved my point. Because of PEDs people make accusations like this despite there being no proof of any of these players doing it. Instead of these great stories people just wait for the news of any player playing great to be revealed as a user.

Remember when A-Rod was supposed to be the one that brought back the "clean" era of MLB??? Lol That ? don't exist bruh. As long as huge contracts are on the line, players will find a way to get that check! Put me in that situation and I'd do the same! ? a Hall of Fame where writers that haven't been to the majors get to decide who gets in and why. I'd rather have a 9 figure contract
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    So let's eliminate all PED's completely. Let's also eliminate lasik eye surgery for pitchers. Then watch how "great" baseball becomes. Whether you want to admit it or not, Baseball was on its last ? leg prior to Mcgwire and Sosa's homerun record chase. Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, and A-Rod saved this ? game, and all those tickets sales and merchandising licenses are owed to steroids. Take them out at this point, and you might as well get rid of MLB altogether. That "America's past time" ? has been taken over by the NFL for years now. Keep asking for what you really don't want and you'll definitely get it. People under age 35 are not checking for MLB in large numbers. Watch what this continued witch hunt does to the game

The bold isn't some big secret. There's a reason people refer to 98 as the summer that saved baseball
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    @parallelrhymes

Just like we shouldnt assume guilt is the same way we shouldnt assume innocence either. That would be nieve of us. Ignorant.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    @parallelrhymes

Just like we shouldnt assume guilt is the same way we shouldnt assume innocence either. That would be nieve of us. Ignorant.

So if we shouldn't assume they are guilty but shouldn't assume they are innocent either...wtf is the middle ground? We should assume they don't exist?

Im saying youre acting like we shouldnt take a stance but by not taking a stance of saying they are basically innocent til proving guilty (clean) is the same as taking a stance assuming guilt as a ? player. At the end of the day people should be suspicious of every player imo even if they never failed a test.

Now should being on roids take away from their career achiecements n how much is a totally different convo.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the media created a negative connotation to PEDs..them ? are mainly to help you heal and recover faster..don't care how strong you are..hitting a baseball is still hard as ?