Allen Iverson Set To Retire, What Will His Legacy Be To You?

123457»

Comments

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember 76rrs took game one again lakers.in that.finals had.whole city scared lakers might lose lol
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great and influential player..it's just too bad that it can't be left at that.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Matt- wrote: »
    A great and influential player..it's just too bad that it can't be left at that.

Perception is a ? in AIs case. That killed him more than anything imo. And yes some of is his fault but I put some of it or alot on Stern also...
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? crazy if AI didn't bring the HipHop image into the league.. Before Iverson ? was suited and booted.. Afterwards u seen the league popping up with tats durags baggy clothes.Platinuim Chains..He fathered a generation of wannabe rap stars/ hoopers.. He was a great player that ran potential side kicks off the team. Him and Stackhouse coulda form a nice tandem.. Ran a young Larry Hughes outta there as well. He still 1st team HOF and a all time great.. To me his attitude towards the preparation of the game and team ruined his greatness..
  • DOPEdweebz
    ? crazy if AI didn't bring the HipHop image into the league.. Before Iverson ? was suited and booted.. Afterwards u seen the league popping up with tats durags baggy clothes.Platinuim Chains..He fathered a generation of wannabe rap stars/ hoopers.. He was a great player that ran potential side kicks off the team. Him and Stackhouse coulda form a nice tandem.. Ran a young Larry Hughes outta there as well. He still 1st team HOF and a all time great.. To me his attitude towards the preparation of the game and team ruined his greatness..

I always felt he never had the right talent built around him even in Denver or not enough talent like in Philly. I dunno if hes a team obliterator I cant explain it. Like that US team that Allen was on didnt even medal but he still had good individual stats.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

Perception is a ? in AIs case. That killed him more than anything imo. And yes some of is his fault but I put some of it or alot on Stern also...

what the hell did Stern do....

@WhoisdonG

I agree with most of this post..

But his contributions on that tip are not noteworthy at all.. its liek saying well Burger King put the sesame seeds on the buns...

foh
  • DOPEdweebz

what the hell did Stern do....

@WhoisdonG

I agree with most of this post..

But his contributions on that tip are not noteworthy at all.. its liek saying well Burger King put the sesame seeds on the buns...

foh

Stern and the media made it seem like the dress code was made solely due to AIs influence on NBAs culture. Stern never actually said but its almost insinuated.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

nah, stern was just protecting his league's image, or at least trying to.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    You cant champion him as the GodFather of the basketball/Hiphop fusion then on the other hand suspend reality of his due influence on the Nba.. attire..
  • DOPEdweebz
    You cant champion him as the GodFather of basketball.. and Hiphop then on the other hand suspend reality of his due influence on the Nba.. attire..

Huh?

nah, stern was just protecting his league's image, or at least trying to.

Of course ud say that Matt...
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Him and Melo was fun to watch though. If I remember right both of them were top 5 or 10 in ppg in the league when he was in Denver.