Wii U Price Drop Confirmed

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Deluxe model will drop to $299.99 beginning with the launch of the Wind Waker HD bundle.

Nintendo has announced a $50 price drop for Wii U. Beginning on September 20, the Wii U Deluxe model will be available for $299.99.

The new price will take effect alongside the previously-confirmed Wind Waker HD bundle, which will also retail for $299.99 and includes a 32GB hard drive, a special Zelda-themed GamePad, a digital copy of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and a digital version of the Zelda Hyrule Historia book.

“The price decline is pretty straightforward,” Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told IGN. “Really, the focus on heightening the value for Wii U is now that we are in a position where we’ve got a regular pace of great software. Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U that just launched physically, Wonderful 101 in September, and then Wind Waker. Then we’ve got strong third-party content coming for the holidays as well. Scribblenauts, Skylanders, Sonic Lost World, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin’s Creed IV, Watch Dogs. So, strong pace of first-party, strong third-party content. Now’s the time to make the Wii U even more affordable and heighten the value.”

waker-b-610x329.jpg

Fils-Aime also expressed excitement for Hyrule historia, telling us, “Digitally, it’s phenomenal. You could look at it through the GamePad. You can look at it on your big screen, turn the pages, search for specific items. It’s essentially a digital version of the book that you’ll be able to access through the GamePad, that you’ll download onto the system. It’ll be resident on the system. It’s really cool.”

Look out for more from our interview with Fils-Aime on IGN in the days to come, and expect us to unbox the Wind Waker bundle in the weeks leading up to its launch.

Comments

• joshuaboy
    Options

Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Wii U Release Dates
    Find out when you can get your hands on Wii U’s fall lineup.

Nintendo has announced release dates for Wii U’s fall lineup.

As revealed today, the following Wii U games are coming from Nintendo before the end of 2013 in North America:

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - September 20 (Digital)
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - October 4 (Physical)
    Wii Party U - October 25 (with Wii Remote Plus for $49.99)
    Super Mario 3D World - November 22 ($59.99)
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - December 6 ($49.99)
    Wii Fit U - Holiday 2013
    Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games - Holiday 2013

It's worth noting that The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, while previously confirmed for October 4th, will be available two weeks early for fans who purchase it via the Wii U eShop. Both versions are $49.99, though GameStop will exclusively offer a version including a Ganondorf figurine for $54.99.

Nintendo also re-confirmed the following list of upcoming third-party titles due out on Wii U this fall:

Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - September 24
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - Fall
    Skylanders SWAP Force - October 13
    Call of Duty: Ghosts - November 5
    Sonic Lost World - October 22
    Rayman Legends - September 3
    Just Dance 2014 - October 8
    Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag - October 29
    Watch Dogs - November 19

Look out for reviews of Nintendo’s entire fall lineup on IGN in the weeks to come.

Until then, you can read our hands-on impressions of Wind Waker HD, Donkey Kong and Mario 3D World from earlier this year.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    0 <<<<<<<<<<- This Is The Quantity Of ? Given
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate how Childish most Nintendo games are.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Come black friday that wind waker bundle is as good as copped.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll gaffle this come the holidays... If I ain't ? around d and died of starvation behind GTA V.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not cheap enough for me
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a little salty, but whatever. $299.99 with WWHD and Zelda Hyrule Historia included is a great deal. $299 for the Wii U 32 GB is good value going forward, and with that software lineup it might be a problem this Christmas.
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man dont nobody care about Nintendo anymore.. They dug their own graves
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm ? wit that Sonic Lost Worlds
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's possible I'll get this for my kids on Christmas. They have been wanting it for a long time.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need a game drop.
    If the 3d mario was something new instead of a multiplayer version of the 3DS game I'd get on sooner.
    X, Smash & MK come out next year so I'll have to get one by next fall.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Hearing that two more bundles will be announced within a week of Black Friday ..... same price
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »
    They need a game drop.
    If the 3d mario was something new instead of a multiplayer version of the 3DS game I'd get on sooner.
    X, Smash & MK come out next year so I'll have to get one by next fall.

I need to see more of Super Mario 3D World, but ? sleepin on the new Donkey Kong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C8XRQyfu2Y&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;t=3m57s
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd possibly drop £180 on it.

Actually, no. I never ever want this console.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wii U isn't worth 300 imo.

The ? is weak.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a DC Comics scribblenauts bundle might push me to get one
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    It's possible I'll get this for my kids on Christmas. They have been wanting it for a long time.
    Don't do it. Don't be a bad father.